Forums > Technical Discussion > Photon RAV'N - To Strobe or Not to Strobe?

Login/Join to Participate

ALPHAMEGAmember
3 posts

Posted:
Hiya,I'm just wondering if anyone has seen these in action yet.If the strobe is fast enought to give the appearance of a solid chain of individual lights, that would be very cool.But if the strobe is too slow, it doesn't seem like it would be all that cool.I know the non-strobing is a safe bet...But I'd like to get the nicest one right off.I used to dance liquid, with sticks in hand...moebius, orb, phoenix, etc. in the early days(93,94,etc.) when DnB spawned the evolution. Now I'd like to try the poi style, and these seem like a good bet for indoor safety.Anyway...basically I'm just looking for the nicest trails.Beautiful board, VERY nice to see!-ALPHA------------------MATTER REFLECTS MIND,MIND REACTS TO MATTER.

MATTER REFLECTS MIND,MIND REACTS TO MATTER.

FeniXTranzmember
17 posts

Posted:
whats mobeius, orb , and phoenix????

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
I too have wondered this, but I doubt anyone has been cavalier enough to buy both kinds. I've also wondered how tough the 'crystals' are? I have 2 photonIIs stuck to the ends of my gloclubs and althogh they are meant to be indestructable I broke both of them with in a week - one of them by smashing it into my head frown. They didn't physically break but they broke internally - one of them wouldn't turn on and the other wouldn't turn off. I'm worried that the RAV'N crystals would actually smash if they hit somthing.Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

soniqastmember
13 posts

Posted:
i can understand possibly not knowing phoenix or mobius, but the orb?? toxygene even?!some of the greatest beats of all time!

Computer games dont affect kids. If Pac Man affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repativity.

ALPHAMEGAmember
3 posts

Posted:
The speculations are quite amusing!:)Orb, moebius, and phoenix are essentially just liquid style light painting via the glowsticks.Orb being a 3D sphere, moebius being the infinity symbol, and phoenix being a more elaborate human energy-bird sort of movement.-ALPHA------------------MATTER REFLECTS MIND,MIND REACTS TO MATTER.

MATTER REFLECTS MIND,MIND REACTS TO MATTER.