Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
Pele, you mentioned doing wraps with fire.. How on earth with four wicks do you manage to keep from burning yourself?

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
The fire is in contact with my skin less than 5 seconds I would have to say. I whip into the wrap, which myfavorite is wrapping it around my waist and then turning the opposite direction out of it, which also changes direction of the swing and adds momentum. I am told it is really freaky to watch. Truthfully, catching fire isn't something I think or worry about at all so until you asked I had no idea.However, wrist wraps are above the fire on the chain, thigh wraps are two wicks to the front, two to the back of my thigh. Neck wrap (only while wearing a leather skull cap) is not really a full wrap but more of a laying the chain across the back of my neck and then ducking my head to the side and back, thus turning me 180 degrees and out of the wrap. For the four wicked wraps I wear full clothes while for regular fire poi I don't, I wrap on exposed skin. I think that helps as well.Did I answer your ??????Cheerios! smile ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
One word: HARDCORE.

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
true true. =) *cant wait to light up*Definately need to practice wraps...they defy what one would think hurts. :P------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
Thanks Pele! Interestingly enough, body wraps are my favorite too, so i guess i'll start there and work my way up. smile BTW, what kind of chain do you use for those jacob's ladders?

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.