gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Like most people I like, every know and then, to wrap the tails of my poi round the balls making it easier to practice or easier to use in crowded places etc etc.Well I was spinning the other day and decided to kepp my poi like this for a whle because of speed and I really like the way it lookes. grinBecause of this I decided to secure the tails so I didn't have to keep on attacking them so I went to the cupboard and was looking for some cling film or sanwich bags with which I could do so. I accidently picked up a role of tin foil riped off a pice and then ,realising my mistake, decided to give it a try anyway and it looks
quote:
shocked grin shocked WICKED shocked grin shocked
according to most people and me.Try it. It looks even better in a club with all the light reflecting off it aswell.Let me know what you think.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi
[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 26 May 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe:

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
wrap the POI in tin foil...? i can see that...yeah. i can see that working quite well.."S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
Heh, I also discovered how cool this looks and how well it works, but completely by accident. After the very first time I burned my wicks, I wrapped them in tinfoil just to keep from getting soot everywhere. It wasn't until after I had done so that I realized now only how well this works to turn your fire wicks into practice wicks, but how cool it looks as well. You can also spray the "flat" side of the foil with uv-active spraypaint if you happen to have a uv source, too. ;-)-p.

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
wicked idea, shiny poi!i think frenzie has made some fabric covers for her chains. i was thinking about doing it too, its nice to practice with chains, i think, especially if youre not covering your pants in soot.

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
another thing, rubber bands are good if you wanna keep the uv (or whatever colour) visible.hope this helps

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
i often, after fire wrap my heads in clingfilm then cover that in silver foil, it aint too bad but when swing with the foil it tends to come off but im sure a elasticband will work!------------------moo? ... is that it?

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
My tennisball Poi are covered in shiny duct tape...Does that count? tongue

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
I generally carry a pair of glowsticks in my pocket (see that addicted to poi thread...). They're wrapped in yellow electrical tape to make em more visible during the day, but i think i'm gonna have to make a foil pair now and see how that works.------------------"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
You only carry one pair of glowsticks around???? I carry four sets, and two tritium sticks (glow for 15yrs). :PWrapping yellow tape around it isnt such a bad idea..think I'll try that. :P Or paint it with UV Yellow paint really thick.plurCRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
I wrapped a pair in glowtape... worked well for a quick fix only if it's pretty dark and you charge them for a bit. Nice if I'm just messing around with my lil bro and stuff. Black Light helps too...

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Hey CRD, what are these tritrium stick thingies, and where can i get them?

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
anyone heard of these "tritium sticks" or where they can be purchased?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I was using a small mirrorball that my bro got for christmas to swing around and the reflections were WOW.I suppose that you could cover it in loads of pva or something to stop you smashing up the mirrors?Love and Glow,TEMPEST

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I had purchased my tritium glowrings(they are about 2" long), just before the US changed it's import policies. They no longer import to the US, however you folks elsewhere's should be able to get your hands on some. They are Tritium Glowrings..I had contacted a guy through ebay originally to purchase them. axolotls@onebox.com <-- This is the guy I originally bought them from. Basically they are a by-product of man-made energy. Tritium gas is a byproduct of nuclear energy, and is stored and then sold to companies like the ones that made these glowrings. They line the inside of the tube with a phosphor I believe and that's what makes it glow. The glowing is directly linked to the half-life of the tritium gas inside it. So in 15yrs..it'll only be half as bright. (: Hope this helps someone..PLURRÇrÐ

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-