Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Gr. Just wrote a really over-verbose rant, and then lost it in computer incompetence.

Essentially, I want loads of people to come down and have a spinning weekend at my place in Sevenoaks for the weekend of the 28th - 30th. There are two free bedrooms and lots of mattresses, and twenty litres of paraffin to be burned. You're welcome for as brief or as long a stay as you want - just pop in to say hi or stay for a month!

We're about twenty minutes walk from beautiful Knole Park, which is full of deer and good places to spin, and London is only a short journey away. It would be wicked if a load of people could stay for the whole weekend, giving us plenty of time to rant around and learn each other's tricks before heading up into the park on night-time fire missions.

I cook (generally edible) vegetarian food, we've got decks set up in the living room... how can you resist?

Look forward to seeing you soon.

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Please can everyone who is bringing a computer (laptop etc) please also bring as many Cat-5 (RJ45/ network) cables and games as i will be bringing my network hub and laptop as im sure that we can have a bit of a multiplayer session on red alert 2 at some point over the weekend. Thank you.

310 posts

Posted:
Well, howdy all. The situation develops:

In my capacity as part time goon for a reputable bakery product supply company I have access to many bakery products. In my role of unrepentant recidivist and menace to society at large I have liberated many of these products. We now possess:

about 50 large "Millies Double Chocolate Cookies"
15 kilos of Sticky Chocolate Brownie Mix
60 croissants
45 fruited scones
15 kilos of muffin mix
er, some other stuff as well...

I plan on combining these ingredients in a large barrel, mixing briskly, then heating over an open lava vent. (The house is built on a major non-existant fault-line, and there are two rivers of magma flowing through the underground lair which isn't hidden beneath our garage.)

The potential activity list has swollen to include:
ummPaintball. You can do as many hours as you want for £20, but you have to buy extra paintballs after the first hundred. Don't know yet if we'd definately be able to get a booking.
ummPutting on old clothes and filming the sequal to The Blair Witch Project in the park at night, then selling it for millions and investing in goats.
ummEr... actually those are the only new things I can think of now.

If you are driving down, you want to leave at Junction 5 from the M25, then follow signs for Sevenoaks.
As you drive down into the town you come to a roundabout by a church, at which you turn left.
Shortly thereafter you find another roundabout, and you turn right up a hill and under a railway bridge.
Keep on that road for a while, past an abandoned BMW dealership and over a set or two of traffic-lights. You'll go past a post office and a fishing shop on your left, then a Shell garage, then slam on the brakes 'cos you've almost missed your turn. It's that little road off to the right with all the garage doors painted in loads of twee colours.
The house is easy to spot. There'll be a mob outside with pitchforks howling for blood. Or, if we haven't aggravated the neighbours quite that much yet, just look for the house with the ambulance parked outside. (Seriously)

So.

I shall see you all tomorrow. biggrin

DJ_WATTmember
6 posts

Posted:
J - you're starting to scare me! eek

Nevertheless I'll be round to help demolish your dough mountain. ubblol

Dropping my bags off at my cousin's place before hopefully hooking up with Eleanor and friend. smile

Aim to be at yours about 7ish but will phone to let you have our ETA. weavesmiley

D

It it weren't for my opposable thumb I'd have had that trick!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
we're getting all excited now...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
so.. we are sitting here at 03:51 bored... so we decide we need to post on HOP...

so, like any HOPpers would, we signed up to a new internet account.....at Joe's house... eek

Frodo is a fat f*ck..
Frodo also got out his willy for some odd reason ...he really is a strange fellow....we dont talk about him much...

Konsti is asleep...(snoring)
Sunbeam is asleep...(snoring (probably, but she is in an ambulance))
Ucof is giving it rizz and being fed cookies by Frodo...(they both enjoy this co-interacting very theraputic to the best of their abilities)
Adverse Camber is waking up every time the word 'spliff' is mentioned.
Konsti...is still asleep...snoring..as usual...
Frodo is piling Ucof with many cookies...(which Jon enjoys tremendously)
Mand is asleep.
Konsti snores again...
Everyone is asleep except some blonde girl who, after three weeks, coudnt work out how to post rolleyes

We have just seen the milkman doing his rounds and we waved to him....no responce...

Stupid F*cker...

Nighty all...

(There really is one F*cking huge ammount of cooked in an oven produce to be munched upon...)

from Ucof and Frodo........and the blonde bird...

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
So, an absolutely fantastic weekend. Those of you who didn't come you missed out on Joe's amazing hospitality, and a pleasant 10min walk to where we ended up spinning lots of fire. Joe's house is lovely, possibly thanks to him being scarily domesticated, and UCOF proved himself to be more of a geek than me. Even BamBam made it down, despite disinformation to the contrary.

A really really nice weekend, thank you Joe. smile

Diz/UCOF, when's that film likely to be online?

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
What a brilliant weekend..

never before have i been called a Snodgobbler, taken a network hub and laptop to a spinning meeting, spun with deer, run down a hillside with 5 others all shouting and brandishing firey sticks, been hand fed cookies by a man with excrutiatingly hairy feet, been treated like a god by Joe_sixsteps with all demeanour of baked goods, felt so happy having some of my closest friends around me.

Joe_Sixsteps.. i can only commend our hospitality. Well done. Tea and coffe or Russian Magic Mushroom Muffins . Soup, a seemingly endless supply of cookies, muffins, cakes, pies, pasties and pastries...all lip smackingly tasty. Well Done and Thank you loads for hosting the party.

Mathew- Dont know.

Adverse Camber..nice to meet you

Frodo..Snodgobbler my arse. Evil git.. wink

Smallboy..Here, have some recognition for doing airwraps with fire ropes, seeing as matthew BM stole all yours.

Dizzy...Thanks for skinning up lots and taking the time and effort to drive Cam and Lisa down. It was brilliant to see you again.

Bam Bam.....thank you soooo much for getting down to the party. Tea was brilliant, as per usual. kiss

Whens the next one?

605 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Smallboy..Here, have some recognition for doing airwraps with fire ropes, seeing as matthew BM stole all yours.

Sorry. smile Didn't mean to! biggrin

Oh, and you forgot to mention the complete insanity poi, as opposed to my plain insanity poi. They'll make good wirewool cages, though. ubblol

Luv 'n' Lemons

310 posts

Posted:
So. The weekend spins finally to a close, and lumpen, unlovely reality rears its ugly and lugubrious head. I had an absolutely cracking weekend, thank you all so much for coming down. I'm having a party this weekend (at which you'd all be very welcome) and then the weekend after is Synergy... does anyone have any plans for the weekend of the 19th? And then it's Christmas... wow.

I hope you all got back home alright. Have a good week.

Lots of love,

joe hug

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
hug hug thank you to EVERYONE biggrin

Ahh what a cake filled weekend that was biggrin biggrin

Many Many many hugs to you hug

BamBam
ubbloco anyone for tea wink

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

310 posts

Posted:
If it's going to be your special tea. That stuff was quite something. Please please tell me how to make it! I will do anything...

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
thanks joe, for your wonderful hospitality

and thanks everyone else for a great weekend hug hug hug

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
thankyou all for a great welcome in the true poi way of life (laptops excluded). i hear that there may be a kent 19-20 december thread going up, but that may only be a rumor.... did everyone get home safe.. i hope so..

thankyou again, and i hope to see you all soon... im thinking that london around the 12th sounds good....

ciao for now

Frodo beerchug

passing through, this world still lives.

310 posts

Posted:
So, been thinking about this 19th-20th idea. I'm very keen on having people down whenever, so if you can make it then just turn up. The thing is, I don't really have any plans for Christmas (family all overseas, too broke to go anywhere exciting) so I was thinking about having a sort of "Lost Poisters Christmas Bonanza" right across the Christmas period. Any spinners who find themselves short of something to do over Christmas could come down and stay for a week or so, and we could do all sorts of Christmassy stuff like decorating trees and giving each other presents... and baking things, of course. Lots of baking things.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Synergy on the 13th biggrin Frodo biggrin wink

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

605 posts

Posted:
How does one get tickets for synergy, out of interest? (never having done such things before).

Luv 'n' Lemons

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
tickets,,,, cool i have to get myself one of them,,, evertone tell adverse camber not to go to fabric and instead come to synergy!!!!

me and adverse camber are going to tescos does anyone want anything? lol

lost boymember
13 posts

Posted:
hey guys,
just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great weekend, i learnt loads and had a fantastic time. hope to see you all soon, looking forward to synergy on the 13th and would love to come down and visit sometime joe for more spinning madness.
take care guys,
from ben.

keep trying

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
argh hes comming, right, i will take him to tescos!! sure no body wants anything..??

matthew bm... have you got an msn nick? im boardrits@hotmail.com add me! lol

whats synergy all about then ?? ? tell me about wonderful things so that i can convince more bournemouth people to come, hehe.... none of them could be as crazy as me!!! hehe

sorry if i offended anyone this weekend, it was just so lovely to meet you all... "loved the tea, not that i drank any" eek but the effect of it on me was lovely, hey snot gobbler!!!

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
Thanks to everybody who came, it was a great weekend.
Joe: thanks for cooking, cleaning, being a really amazing host.
Pixie: you are mental
i hope i will you guys again (at synergy maybe?).

hug
Konsti

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Konsi - if you make it to Synergy I can get your CD to you.

Awww! Can't make weekend of 19th either. 19th is Tias leaving party and 20th I fly to Ireland for a week. I'll still get to frolic in fields, surrounded by cows rather than other spinners though biggrin

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Just a quick but very BIG thanks to all at the weekend with a big but very special thanks to Joe, who is most definitely the host with the most (baked goods)! It was great!!! hug beerchug

Matthew - I also have no idea. I need to get the stuff from the camera to a computer 1st and seeing as I don't have any leads or the software it may take some time. But i'm working on it.

Right must get back to work.
Dizz.

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
hey can anyone tell me the make and model of dizzys video cammera as i have just got my student loand check through and want to go shopping.... plus if anyone knows any good companys that sell digi video cammeras i would be very happy to hear of them!!!

i think that it was a sony one but i am not sure.... recomendations are welcomed also!!

thanks,

FRODO

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Hey frodo hug

You might want to pm Uzeall about the vid because Uzeall = Dizzy = Damon = THE DADDY biggrin biggrin

Snuggles

Bammy
ubbloco

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
thgankyou for the tips........hehe

watching reclaim the beach, nice rolling skills!!!

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Why thank you kind hobbit boy biggrin wink

Rahhh ROLL on the 13th wink

Bammy
ubbloco

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
its sad that me and adverse camber have nothing better to do. were just chilling watching our newly aquired poi films, whilst searching out a good digital video cammera, yeah the 13th sounds good.....

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
matthew BM - info about synergy is here - see also the "London over Xmas" thread.

See you there!
e

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

605 posts

Posted:
OK, cool, I'll be trying to get hold of a ticket soonish, then. smile

Luv 'n' Lemons

605 posts