Page:
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Gr. Just wrote a really over-verbose rant, and then lost it in computer incompetence.

Essentially, I want loads of people to come down and have a spinning weekend at my place in Sevenoaks for the weekend of the 28th - 30th. There are two free bedrooms and lots of mattresses, and twenty litres of paraffin to be burned. You're welcome for as brief or as long a stay as you want - just pop in to say hi or stay for a month!

We're about twenty minutes walk from beautiful Knole Park, which is full of deer and good places to spin, and London is only a short journey away. It would be wicked if a load of people could stay for the whole weekend, giving us plenty of time to rant around and learn each other's tricks before heading up into the park on night-time fire missions.

I cook (generally edible) vegetarian food, we've got decks set up in the living room... how can you resist?

Look forward to seeing you soon.

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:

Kat, could i ask you to not forget the bouncing souls cd.

smile

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
or a big thing this time...

and no rude jokes! wink

erm..i would really not be interested in going to the Hackney workshop (sorry guys but spending 5+ hours travelling there and back is nto fun to me.. sorry but its true.

Joe- We were thinking of arriving at yours early so that we can aid you in organising the party. However..if you are going to Hackney..this may be a problem..

maybe Frodo can stay up at ours for a while untill you are back??

Give me a text whatever..

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
could cause a problem for me, cause i have three people in my car comming from down here, and i was going to drop them at jo's and then carry on through to canterberry.... we could go to sevenoaks and then train to hackney, but my student balance is going to struggle on that one ( i have already cancelled this weekend trip to london, to fund next weekend) and it still dosent solve the canterberry thing....

but i suppose that i could dump my friends at my aunts, but thats alot of hassle....but jo, its ur party you should choose!! just might mean that, i dont know cause i havent formulated an idea yet...

would be better for me and my friends + the canter lot if the show stayed on the original script... but its your call jo... well just have to addapt!!

FRODO

passing through, this world still lives.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Jo?

Are you there?

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
If I am coming, I probably won't be able to get to central London till about 6.30. Is anyone heading down from London next Saturday eve, if so, want a possible travel companion? - Kat.

Kat, if you still want a travel companion, i think i'm heading down to Joe's on the Saturday now. I've got to come all the way from Durham, so could probably do London at about that time. Ashamed to say it, but apart from travelling through it on a coach, i've never been to London before (yep, and i'm 23!). The thought of trying to find my way around train stations and undergrounds by myself is slightly worrying!

Joe- hey, i think my computer and yours are related! Mine had died on me too, and i had to bribe a friend to let me use her laptop.
Well as i just said, i probably wont be able to make it till Saturday, so we wont be able to make cake. ubbcrying Nevermind, i might bring some with me! Hopefully see you on Saturday. Looking forward to people, cake, lots of spinny stuff, and fire! biggrin beerchug biggrin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to make the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry guys, but I'm unable to make it now.

L
ubbcrying

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
oh no, fit chick not comming!!! ( i seen u on ur profile!!), what on earth are we going to do.....bam bam , why arent you commiing? and i was so looking forward to meet the legend that is bam bam!!

anyway, in a lecture sorta! gotta run

Ciao

FRODO confused ubblove

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry Frodo.

Something unexpected has come up, and to be honest I really need to deal with that something.

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Awww frown Hope everything's OK. hug

I'm still aiming to be there, though I suspect I'll be going down on the Saturday too (just so I get some sleep this weekend).

Looking forward to it, though smile

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I'm afraid I will most likely not going to make it though as I just realised today I have only 2 Sundays free including this one, to get all my Christmas shopping done before I fly homw - eek - help!!!!!

Also will probably have to show prospective tenants round this week so will need to be in London this weekend.

Bummer - don't move to Cornwall yet Joe, hope I can come and play another day if I don't make it this weekend ubbrollsmile

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

310 posts

Posted:
Hope you're OK Bam. hug If you feel like it you know you're welcome to a place to stay out in the country whenever you need it. I hope you can sort everything out easily.

Sorry everyone for the long silence; the computer is still suffering at home, and I'm back in the library to type this. Thunderbirds are still go, as far as the weekend is concerned, and I'm getting erratic with excitement.

I have arranged to (provisionally) book a sports hall at the local leisure centre, about half hour uphill hike from home. If the weekend skies are grey and gloomy, we can spend the day indoors with music and spinning. The leisure centre also has a large indoor pool, and some sort of massive inflatable reptile to play with, so if you can, try and bring your swimmers. This will probably be a Saturday afternoon mission, working up to a big fire spin in the park on Saturday night, unless it's absolutely chucking it down.

I see that people will be having difficulties meeting up at Hackney, so I reckon I'll be holding the fort in Sevenoaks for Friday evening. Turn up whenever you like after about three o'clock. Those of you going to the Hackney meet, the last train to Sevenoaks is at 12:05am from Charing Cross - don't miss it! My brain doesn't really seem to be working at the moment (had a 5:00 start this morning, and a long weekend), so I can't keep up with who's coming from where, when and so forth. If you're turning up on Saturday, it might be an idea to ring when you're nearing Sevenoaks, and check whether we're at home or up at the leisure centre.

Sure there was loads of other things to write...

wink

310 posts

Posted:
Ah, Kat, what is this? Now you're not coming either? People are dropping like flies... is there a plague or something and no-one has told me? Look, shopping days be damned, there are actually more than you'd think. Besides which I have collected about thirty cute boys for your delectation, and now what am I going to do with them? (don't answer that!).

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Really really would love to go as it sounds like lots of fun but I will most likely have to be home this weekend. Tia is off to France and Kota is working Sat & Sun. Also the fact that Kota is working is a bummer as he cannot come with me and will be pretty pissed off if I take off on Saturday night the first night in yonks we will have had the house to ourselves!

And you gathered all those cute boys for me tongue Darn! Although again.. I think Kota might disapprove biggrin

I am seriously shitting it about Christmas! I leave for Ireland on the 20th and so those days are gone, Mullingar, my home town is not quite as bad as the bog depths of Mayo but still not the best inspiration wise. 13th is Synergy so that Sunday will be a washout. Which leaves me with this weekend and next weekend. The Designer Warehouse Sale is on this weekend so I thought might be the best place to start looking for pressies for my parents and gran as I could get something affordable that looks 'quality'. My Dad is a real clothes snob, far better to say that I bought my clothes in a vintage clothes store instead of oxfam smile

Well I'm still not sure what is happening re: Saturday. It sounds like its going to be a wicked gathering, whether there is 5 or 50 people there I know I'd have a blast, but timing is not so good for me frown

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
Thanks again for the handwritten invitation Joe.. very cute!
and for the paraffin! my whole bedroom smells of it now, somehow? Mmmm...
Good news is I mentioned to my friend that I'm seeing on friday that there is a 'party' (without mentioning any details yet) and she seemed really up for it so I may come friday night after all.
I really do want to come!!

Still grinning like a fool,
eleanor biggrin

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
hey all, the bournemouth crew would like to say that they are really excited about comming up... and were definatley comming, lol.. Were gonna bring our Boardies and a towel to share between us!! lol... i am in the proccess of ordering some new fire poi over through hop, so maybe i might have them for FRI, but i doubt it....

whats everyone been upto this week, girls u might as well bring friends cause, we can teach them to do poi, if nothing else!! lol

sorry i like laughing at my own jokes, old habit! lol

well really looking forward to meeting you all,

FRODO.

Joe. nice speaking to you, i see that you have been to the libary, i will call you on friday to let you know what time we shall be arriving...

Canterguys: i cant get the 7 seater, so i can come up in my 106 but can only take 4 is that any help? email me or posT!!!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
We cant come either now.

Sorry.

ONLY JOKING!

Bams--shame you cant come this time...when sthe next event?

Kat--me wants hugz.

Due to Bams absence...tea will have to be made "tastily" and not "godly" biggrin

Swimming you say?
Hurrar I say in reply.

Frodo--dont worry about the car dude...I asked a cabbie how much it would cost to get to yours and he said 7 to 10 quid. This seemed really cheap to me and i will ask again tonight.

Are those muffins in the oven yet?
Are they chocolate chip?
i hope so..

erm...cant think of eny other questions.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
CAN ANYONE WHO IS BRINGING A DIGITAL CAMERA PLEASE ALSO BRING ALL CABLES AND DRIVERS NEEDED TO CONNECT THEM TO A COMPUTER....THANKS.

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
do i take it there are not so many girls coming this weekend?
if my deduction is correct does that therefore mean lots of boys for the few of us that there are?! this party sounds better every day! really hope i can come! ubbtickled
and i'll try and remember my camera leads if i make it....

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i have already asked people to bring there leads!! but good thing u reminded them... lol

ill bring miles of cable, so we can connect anything to anything ((or at least have fun trying)) what u rekon about poi to muffin, would they connect.... ?? anyone got any adapters for that one?

that gives me an ace idea for a game, we could get some string and tie the muffins to the end, and then spin, trying to get the muffins in our chosen partners mouth!! yeah.... ill bring some string, we could make "Flaming Cookies" and then spin them too, would save on the kevlar usage..... what u all think? flaming cookie poi!!!

laughs eviley!!!

ciao for now, me and ben are trying to work out what to bring at the moment though, got room for some cammels joe? were listening to cheesey lounge music played on electric organ......

the ablums called " golden hours of golden hits featuring the many moogs of killer watts!!!!! wow

barry leng - producer of this album rightly describes the moog as " a very versitle machine" although he also lets on that qquite a part from being just a machine - the moog does poses a musical soul of its own.

lost boymember
13 posts

Posted:
hey
thought i should introduce myself before the weekend,
my name is ben,
friends with frodo (Tom), he lives opposite me and will be giving me a lift to sevenoaks on fri.
thanks for your hospitality jo, it should be a wicked weekend im really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting my hands on those muffins!
laters all
from ben. (adverse camber)

keep trying

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
it is very nice to meet you.

well, it shall be on friday anyway...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Frodo..

can 4 of us get that lift please?

I will navigate to Joe´s House if i can go in the front...
I bagsies the front seat there anyway...

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone - quick message from Joe...
ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile
he says something along the lines of "sorry i haven't posted lately, haven't been able to get to the library (computer) but it's all still on this weekend and my number/directions are all earlier in this thread... blah blah"
He also just cooked about a thousand cookies or muffins or whatever (ooh, which was it? can't remember now, doh!) so sounds like preparations for our conquering of his house are coming on nicely ubblol

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Yippeee! -bounces round the room in excitement!-
Its not fair, i REALLY want to come down on fri, but have not very nice stuff i have to deal with first. frown Guess i'll see you all on Saturday then... biggrin biggrin biggrin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to make the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
oops, really sorry dude, but last minute change of plan has been caused by

a) lack of travel money

b) a twistedjuggler birthday

so i'm gonna have to give it a miss frown Cheers for the offer and i'll catch you some other time.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

DJ_WATTmember
6 posts

Posted:
Joe - It's me Darren (from the Monday night poi lessons)!

I'll be down Friday night at about 7pm.

Can't stay the weekend but a few hours spinning Friday will be top notch.

Take it easy

Darren

It it weren't for my opposable thumb I'd have had that trick!

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Hi ya,

Whilst Miss Bammers my not be joining me/us this weekend I'm still heading down, although now on the Saturday, but I may be being a bit dim and can't find any directions. I've got the address from the previous post.

Can anyone help. I'm coming by car from London on the M25 (clockwise from the North)

Diz peace

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
alright Dizz?
Ive missed you dude.

m25 from north, clockwise you say?

excellent,

right, go round the m25 and over the dartford bridge, you then want the M2 (A2), take way signposted to seven oaks, ask someone.

Im about 95% sur that is right, but goto www.mapquest.co.uk and find out for yourself the EXACT directions from doorstep to doorstep.

See you all tomorrow!!

I have now no more lectures until monday!

yipee!

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I have now no more lectures until monday!

Slacker. wink

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
no...just priviledged. biggrin

Page: