Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Gr. Just wrote a really over-verbose rant, and then lost it in computer incompetence.

Essentially, I want loads of people to come down and have a spinning weekend at my place in Sevenoaks for the weekend of the 28th - 30th. There are two free bedrooms and lots of mattresses, and twenty litres of paraffin to be burned. You're welcome for as brief or as long a stay as you want - just pop in to say hi or stay for a month!

We're about twenty minutes walk from beautiful Knole Park, which is full of deer and good places to spin, and London is only a short journey away. It would be wicked if a load of people could stay for the whole weekend, giving us plenty of time to rant around and learn each other's tricks before heading up into the park on night-time fire missions.

I cook (generally edible) vegetarian food, we've got decks set up in the living room... how can you resist?

Look forward to seeing you soon.

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
exams are ruining my social life (sort of).
no weekends until after the first week of december

sounds like a lovely weekend joe

as i cannee make it though, here is a recipe for my favourite cake:

** Carrot Cake **

Makes one 30 cm round cake.

Ingredients:

285g carrot, peeled and finely grated
225g unsalted butter
285g soft brown sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon mixed spice
340g plain flour
1 level tablespoon baking powder
grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
225g finely ground almonds

For the icing and garnish:

250g cream cheese
110g icing sugar, sifted
grated zest and juice of 1 orange
55g chopped walnuts

Preparation:

Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.

You will need 1 x 30cm (12 inch) cake tin or springform mould, lightly oiled.

Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs to the creamed mixture, beating well between each addition.

Sift the spices, a little salt, flour and baking powder together; fold into the creamed cake mixture. Stir in the carrots, lemon zest and juice and ground almonds. Put the mixture into the prepared cake tin and spread flat with a knife. Bake for 1 hour, or until cooked; a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake will come out clean when the cake is ready.

Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Loosen from the tin and lift onto a wire rack. Allow the cake to cool completely.

To make the icing:

Put the cream cheese and icing sugar into a bowl and stir together until well combined. Add the orange zest and juice to taste. Spread it over the top of the cake and sprinkle the top with chopped walnuts. Keep refrigerated.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hopefully I can come and play on the Saturday night, I have class on Saturday so can't make it any earlier. Not sure if my personal cute boy can make it as he will most likely have to work but nice to hear cute boys will be supplied for those who cannot bring their own

With the lure of arm candy, carrot cake and Bams special tea, I certainly hope I will be able to come and join one and all for what sounds like a damn fine session!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
If there are any spaces left, I may try and head down, and at least stay saturday night, if poss. I'm finding that now I'm not prepared to spin fire on my own near where I live that there's a distinct lack of places to do it, and as I enjoy fire, going somewhere to do it with others would be good. Maybe then I can also grab my stuff back off you . (I hope I'm not supposed to be somewhere else that weekend...)

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
ooh sounds so exciting! im so excited!! a bit worried though cause u guys all seem to know each other!!! sure its cool that we come?

what time or day do u wanna b seeing us? fri? or sat?? we thinking were going to come up on fri night, so that we could avoid traffic!! am bringin my digi cammera, and trying to get hold of a digi video cammera!! we will see!!

just let us know time to come and will will be there!!

ciao for now

passing through, this world still lives.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
OOOOOH, I'm soooo excited.

Joe, is it ok me arriving on fri eve? if you wanna wait till fri, i make help make damn fine cakes. Will offer to help with all cake making!!!
Bambams tea and your cake...what a perfect weekend- oh yeah...lots of fire aswell.
REALLY can't wait to meet you guys (pleeease be gentle with me!!!)
--------------------------------------------------
It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to make the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
hey mand!! did u work for JCA at westward ho!?

i worked for them last season!! look forward to meeting you all!!

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
No Frodo, i work for a company called PGL. I was working at Tregoyd in Wales, and got loaned down to Beam House in Devon for a few days.
I've never heard of jca. They an outdoor activity company?
Yeah, looking forward to meeting you next weekend.
--------------------------------------------------
It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to make the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Frodo...bring everyone. We are lovely....and warm!

Bam Bam.. can i get a cup o' tea please? There is a shop in canterbury that sells lovely ones I may be persuaded to buy some for youse.

matthew..you ARE coming down.

Joe...chocolate cake (for me anyway) is prefered..but i lik fruit...

Victoria sponges always go down well.
hint hint.

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
ooo i could come to that!!!

i could get a lift down with girl from school!!!

wow i wanna come!!

can i bring a me along?

ooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! bounces and bizounces around the room!!!

golly golly gosh chaps this sounds like a wizard idea!

im gonna go start being happy!

grabs toes and bounces out of room *bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce*

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
nutcase.

1,079 posts

Posted:
anyone who knows UCOF knows that he has no right whatsoever to call me a nut case, it was he who got me into poi, and he who probably spiked my drink with acid, even though that happened before i knew him...

NOT THE POINT!!!!!!!!!!! i cant make it now... ubbcrying

i wanna cry... eyes well up... tears start to flow....

WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im upset now, im gonna go limp away in shame...

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
go on then ya lanky, puddin bowl haircuted FREAK!

wink

hug

So whats the address? or do you want to PM people?
EDITED_BY: United Caravan Owner's Federation (1069192988)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Erm..it might just be me, but it appears that it cheaper to get to london from canterbury, than it does to bat and ball.....

at the moment we are looking at 5 to 6 people sharing a taxi from canterbury..

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
I'll be there

cheers for the invitation Joe

looking forward to it

Non-Https Image Link

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I think Konsti should say something now..

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
I am going to come as well. Acommpanied by lovely sunbeam and that thing that lives under my bed (we call it UCOF for convenience) wink
cu there
Konsti ubbloco

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
HEADF**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how the hell did u know?
EDITED_BY: Konsti (1069241586)

-Alfred Dorfer

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
delete some of the exclamation marks and i will tell you...

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
nevermind i get it. what are u doin right now anyway?

-Alfred Dorfer

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
In the keynes computer labs...supposed to be writing up a report for 2 o clock.

but..i get distracted easily.

cheers for deleting the !'s

um..will be finished in about 29 minutes if you want to come over to my room....?

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
no man, gotta write this history thing. im a week late with it

A question to joe:
Do u want people to bring anything specific?

-Alfred Dorfer

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
like chocolate.

Chocolate is very good.

when will you be finished with that Konsti?

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
well i can hand it in till 4. so come over at 4. I command you to

-Alfred Dorfer

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ok then..i prefer my room as it has more space though...

1,079 posts

Posted:
pudding bowl? PUDDING BOWL!!!!!!!!!!! ITS SHAVED NOW YOU GREAT MONKEY-WRENCH GOBBLING, FUNGUS LOVING PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR AN OKAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my god u guys have time to waste. Jon, WORK! other guy i dont know or dont think i know: U TOO! think of us in yr below still slogging it out...

D.B.
X x X x X

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I've done all my work for today....so there! tongue

310 posts

Posted:
Wow... new look for HOP.

Sorry I've been keeping quiet the last few days. Our computer has suffered massive death, (we forgot that the antique Dutch tumble-dryer is possessed, and switching it on causes black-outs and weird colours in the sky across the entire area...children speak in tongues and projectile vomit... ) and I've trekked up to the library to post this.

Anyway. Latest news: due to unforeseen circumstances, which at the time I posted the original note I had no idea about.... you're all still welcome and it's all on. Tee hee.

Sleeping arrangements:

redfaceOne big double bed. A couple could have this, or even a threesome if I get to be one of them. Also floor space in that room for four or five more people, so long as the couple (or threesome) don't get too noisy...
redfaceTwo proper single beds, in seperate rooms, with floor space in each room for one or two more people.
redfaceSeveral mattresses in the sitting room, plus floor space for another four or five. (the record is nine sleeping in this room, but they were small)
redfaceA king size bed and a couch, plus floor space in the ambulance, which is currently not road-legal but parked outside.

That comes to nine or ten people sleeping on proper bed-like things, or at least couches, so long as some people don't mind sharing big beds. In addition, there's "good" floor space (room to move) for another ten or eleven or so. After that we start to get creative... this means people have to sleep in less-good places, like the swamp.

I mean, er, like corridors, or in too-close proximity to other sleepers. As far as I'm concerned, I don't mind being forced to curl up with four or five beautiful poi girls if I absolutely have to (hell, I'm used to roughin' it...), but others may not be so intrepid.

Fortunately, I'm just not going to worry about it. I reckon that we'll work something out somehow, and everything will be better for it anyway. If it begins to look as though twice as many people are going to turn up than can possibly even fit in the house, then I will begin a campaign of random violence against the neighbours, and occupy their properties, or some such dastardly plan.

At the moment it's kind of hard to get any idea of numbers, so I'll formulate strategies and panic closer to the time.

You will need:

All your best toys

It might be an idea to bring along:

Cake, as beds will be awarded in order of quality (thanks for the recipe Coleman, I needed the headstart!)

Soft stuff, in case you draw the short goat and get to sleep on the floor. We have lots already, but what the hell, bring more! (lots of soft stuff, that is, not lots of goats. Ugh)

Music, and maybe if someone had a portable stereo that we could take on spinning expeditions?

Feel free to bring drinks, or other concoctions of your choice.

I plan on cooking for whoever turns up on Friday, and then taking Saturday as it comes. I'm generally vege, so if any of you hanker for a regular pound of flesh, you'd better bring it along.

That's about it. The adress is:
19 Mill Pond Close,
Sevenoaks,
Kent
And my phone number is: 07817 903747
I'll chuck another post on here sooner or later about directions, but this one has gone on long enough and it's time for me to be elsewhere.

I'm really looking forward to this, and you will all be welcome for as long as you want to stay. If you're still living with me this time next year then we can do it all over again!

I can't wait! biggrin biggrin biggrin

310 posts

Posted:
P.S: just had a look through the thread properly, and I don't know why I've been worried about bed space. Unless lots more people turn up you should all get a bed! Bit disappointed that I'm not going to be "forced" to share sleeping space with lots of foxy poi chicks though...

Ho hum. Mand, definately come down on Friday and help (read: show me how to) bake cakes! Frodo, I don't really know any of these maniacs either, (think I saw one of them once, talking to a lamp-post in Picadilly Square, and the only time I met Kat she had to reassure me that she didn't fancy her siblings) so don't worry about it. Is that right? Maybe we both should be worrying about it...

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Bagsey the Bed biggrin I'll share with Mr Uzeall cos he knows I snore and doesn't seem to take the piss about it biggrin

I'll be coming on Friday night although it might not be till after 11pm.

More things to bring....

I'll be making BamBam special tea wink please feel free to add to the collection wink

Paraffin....heaps of.

Hugs (I've got that one covered)

Snuggles...(Hmmmmm Sunbeam can you help with this)

Purrrrrrrrrrr's (Kat I think you can manage this one on ya own m'luv)

Giggles....UCOF biggrin

Think that's about it then....

Barmy me Bammy
ubblove

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
its gonna be a party!!! yezh..... if anyone has any digital equipment, like Cammeras/ Camcorders then bring them along, (with the software and leads) cause im bringin my lappie and i can make everyone a cd with pics from the mementous "Kent 28th - 30th Nov" bash, (tom searches out local CD mass stocker) looks as though it could be three comming from chilly bournemouth/soton area.!!! hope ur ready for the invasion!!! arghhh...........................speak to u all soon,,

Ciao ciao for now.

FRODO. weavesmiley

(Poi is not just a hobby, its a religion) ubblol

Page: ...