Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Gr. Just wrote a really over-verbose rant, and then lost it in computer incompetence.

Essentially, I want loads of people to come down and have a spinning weekend at my place in Sevenoaks for the weekend of the 28th - 30th. There are two free bedrooms and lots of mattresses, and twenty litres of paraffin to be burned. You're welcome for as brief or as long a stay as you want - just pop in to say hi or stay for a month!

We're about twenty minutes walk from beautiful Knole Park, which is full of deer and good places to spin, and London is only a short journey away. It would be wicked if a load of people could stay for the whole weekend, giving us plenty of time to rant around and learn each other's tricks before heading up into the park on night-time fire missions.

I cook (generally edible) vegetarian food, we've got decks set up in the living room... how can you resist?

Look forward to seeing you soon.

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
dont all point and laugh at once, but do u have to buy a ticket for synergy? ive looked at the site, but cant read and there wasnt that many intresting pictures, so i got bored!! lol

snotgobbler i think that i am having trouble finding the cd key, will continue to lift paving slabs in the garden in the hope of finding it!!

passing through, this world still lives.

Slinky Whippetmember
1 post

Posted:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for a wicked party Friday night and for accepting me - a non poi-ster - with open arms.

I thought you were all really wicked and the flaming Poi display was amazing, though the huge fireball poi, courtsey of Joe's hanging basket invention, were ever so slightly scarey smile

I am as usual, useless with names but I remember most from the night but don't know all your handles on the board though, I will learn in time.

Thanks to you guys, I have decided to take up Poi ubbrollsmile

Im lucky enough to have a good friend who has been doing fire displays, which include flaming poi, for years who has agreed to teach me, So next party I can get to I will actually spin smile

Yey me.

So thanks for the inspiration, a wicked night in/out/shaking it all about, and for the Simpsons the morning after, they seem to make a hangover magically disappear... well take your mind off it at least.

And of course thanks to El for taking me to Sevenoaks in the first place, she's ace biggrin

See you all sometime in the future I hope,

Love and slinky whippets
Becks
XXXX

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Quote:

snotgobbler i think that i am having trouble finding the cd key, will continue to lift paving slabs in the garden in the hope of finding it!!

spank

Git.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
just booked mine and Konsti´s Tickets a la matthew BM

ooooh oooh oooh,
we´re all off to synergy!!!

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
Bit belated but just thought i would add my own "nice to meet you all at the weekend" message... though massive apologies that i barely remember if i talked to most of you and not quite sure how i got into the state that i did... ubbloco heh heh, but i had a great time from what i remember and agree with everyone that joe was a top host.. but what is up with cleaning the kitchen at 7am may i ask?!! or whatever insane time it was..

comments over breakfast on saturday morning suggested to me that i was being a bit of a dork on friday night and didn't even get around to spinning fire in the woods with you all (doh!) as was too pre-occupied with taking photos/pissing in bushes/turning myself into a chimney-sweep.

seriously though, it was really great to meet everyone/hang out with you super people and i hope next time i will actually be more aware of what is going on... maybe ubbangel

eleanor XXX

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
perhaps I'm dreaming, but are tickets not £10 (on the door only) for students, would that not be more economical than booking in advance?

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I didnt know that but i dont want ot leave it and for there to then not be any tickets left.

Oh well, at least i am guarenteed to be going now..

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
I'm not a slack^H^H^H^Htudent... tongue

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
shuddup Matthew BM not all of us students are slack - I'm sitting at my laptop doing work for my course right now... tongue.... umm.... eek.. oops busted

ahem.. anyways..

thanks for the tip Kat; I think I'll get mine on the door

Frodo, yes you do.

Becks and Eleanor it was nice to meet you both: short but sweet.

hug

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
okay then, ill get mine on the door!!

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Ooh wow, only just got home from the weekend.
Joe, thanks so much for a wicked time, and thanks to everyone else- i learned so much stuff (despite not being well on saturday- damn my epilepsy!- sorry for being a bit quiet, but thats mainly why.)
Bambam- was lovely to meet you, and amazed by your's and dizzy's staff work- good stuff! eek
Frodo- you said something bout an address you had for outdoor activity place in australia? Any chance of sending it if you have it?
Big hugs to you all, hug and hopefully i'll be in a better state if i manage to make the monster journey again. hug
------------------------------------------
It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to make the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

605 posts

Posted:
And it has now arrived. Yay, so I will be coming to Synergy. smile

What is more interesting is that although it was posted recorded delivery, and it dropped through my letter box, I'm not sure who signed for it, and my housemate, although in at the time, claimed not to have signed for it. This really doesn't put my faith in the postal service.

Luv 'n' Lemons

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Faith in the postal service - you had some?? ubblol

Oh I have had my run-ins with the post office. And the council, train services, banks. Am I just a huge moany Mary? I do think that one should register a compaint rather than lying by and being trampled on. My complaining skills have vastly improved since moving to England.

Sounds like there is a good crowd of people going to Synery - yay!

Re: tickets on door. I saw the £10 for students on the door posted on the psy-forum. However the Synergy website does not mention anything, so it might be a good idea to check this out beforehand.

peace

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

605 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Faith in the postal service - you had some?? ubblol

Well, no, but it's gone to even lower levels than it had gone to already.

wave

Luv 'n' Lemons

310 posts

Posted:
Been looking for a place to vent my spleen about computers in general, and the folks from Compaq in particular. This isn't really the right place, but will have to do.

GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sorry about that. My computer still not fixed, and I'm back in the library.

Gr

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Great we are starting a good ole thread here - come along and have a good moan - unite in your discontent. biggrin

- W B Yeats

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Konsti and my ticket arrived two days ago..

YIPEEEE!

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
has anyone found my red hat? ubbcrying

please tell me.... i miss it!! frown

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
i havent seen it dude..

sorry..

I reckon its just Joe's hat fetish...

he's a right dirrrrty bugger wink

I love you really mate hug

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
joey have u got a hat fetish?:? ? i hear a rumor!!

i cant belive its gone...........;(

argh.,,

frodo ubbrollsmile

310 posts

Posted:
Why do I always seem to end up with other people's clothing? Yes, Frodo, you will be pleased to know that I have just found your hat. 'Twas under the sofa/bed thingy. Sadly, I may not be able to make Synergy (pauses for pitiful moans of disapointment) as a ubbcrying friend needs to be cheered up, but if I can I'll bring the hat, and if not... well, give me a ring Sat afternoon when you get to London and we can try and hook up.

Next time I have one of these things (on the 9th Jan there's going to be another weekender, and Michal may be here...) anyone who leaves any clothes has to pay a forfeit. Like making me a brownie... or maybe something else. Getting very sick of brownies. You lot were pathetic! You only managed to eat about 2 poxy kilos of the stuff!

Next time, do better.

A summary of the information above:
I have your hat, Frodo.
Next weekender on the 9th - 11th January. All come.

cool

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Why do I always seem to end up with other people's clothing?

Speaking of which... did you happen to find a top of mine? its black half zip top, and says 'sub zero' on the neck. I disappeared to somewhere down at yours. confused

By the way joe, i think i start instructing in feb now- way earlier than originally planned. If i can i'll try and arrange a flying visit and a bit of spinning (&drinking&smoking&brownies&morebrownies&muffins&brownies!) before i disappear to France. hug

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

310 posts

Posted:
You see! I am dogged by other people's clothing!

Mand, less excuses and more living here from you, if you don't mind. Gr. spank

605 posts

Posted:
Quote:

You see! I am dogged by other people's clothing!

Fleeces have a magnetic attraction to you... smile

And annoyingly I'm not around for the major part of the weekend of 9th-11th. frown (I get back from attaching bits of fibreglass to my feet and attempting to make controlled descents of snow-covered mountain slopes on the 10th).

Luv 'n' Lemons

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
whats that then Matthew?

Joe: we're there!

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i will try and be there!! cookiesS!!

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
okay, i was just sat in the bath reading my spinning book, written by the wonderful michal kahn.... and i decided that i am definatly comming to the next kent meetin!! so count me in okay!! are there any specific ingredients that you want me to bring... ie.... choclate!? what about starting the party on the thursday!?! can i come up on the thursday before and keep you company!?

will bring ben, but not sure about pixie!?

anyway, hope that everyone who is goingg to synergy tonight enjoys it, sorry that i cant be there, the children need me!!!!

see you all soon, and cant wait to see my hat! wink

bye

Frodo

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
I shall certainly be there again Joe.. and look forward to meeting everyone again properly - and remembering more about the night etc etc. AND of course extremely excited about more brownies and cookies and all the other fun stuff ubblove

Oh and as for Michal - Joe am I making this up but did she say she was going to bring stilts with her?! or those super bouncy spring things?! I forget now... sounded fun anyway - we will have to harrass her into teaching us all balloon modelling and all that other crazy stuff she does. Wahoo, I can't wait! ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

310 posts

Posted:
All the other fun stuff eh? Tee hee. kiss

Everyone, bring every good thing you can think of, and if I like it I'll keep it. So there. It's far too early to start making any decent plans yet, but you're all welcome to turn up three weeks early to keep me company if you feel like it. Remember that my esoteric and outlaw religion requires me to make regular offerings of people's beloved clothing in pyrric sacrifices to my hungry god... so bring some spare clothing to leave behind / burn.

Michal did say that she was going to bring stilts. Hopefully we can get her to spin the big poi whilst sliding down that ski-slope we found on her stilts... just to achieve the maximum amount of possible danger. Hope Synergy was amazing, everyone who went. See you all soon.

hug hug

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Quote:

... so bring some spare clothing to leave behind / burn.

Joe, my top had better not have been used in your monster poi???!!! eek
Its a possibility I may be able to get down for this weekend in January, but I don't know how long for. Maybe Friday till Monday. We'll see. kiss

Page: ...