audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Monday nights is back! Wicked!

Every Monday night in South Beach Park, South Fremantle, at the South end of South Street. Just go south. see amp in link below.

Big open space with lighting park tables bbqs and beach showers for when you set fire to yourself. wink Plenty o'crew and toys. Come down and share it all with us. Don't be shy. Mucho help for newbies and mucho welcome for new experienced crew.

Western Australia's weekly fire gathering

EDITED_BY: audax (1073988233)

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
All welcome, come and learn something and teach us something. All skill levels readily accepted into the group. No need to hide biggrin

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

MeleSILVER Member
A perth girl gone walkabout...
396 posts

Posted:
For directions on how to get to South Beach check out www.perthfire.info/

We usually start to congregate about 9pm, just come down and say hi, or have a twirl or a drum, we are a pretty friendly bunch and love to see new faces. tongue

...or check out https://fire.msquared.com.au
for details and directions on how to get to fire events around perth, including Monday night at South Beach, Tuesday nights north of the river, and Full Moon fire twirling on Leighton Beach.

I smile because i have no idea whats going on!! biggrin

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Wow! I've been going to Monday nights since the very second one and after following the links I've learned more about Fire goings-on in Perth than forever. Maybe when I start studying next month I can stay up past 9 and come down to some gatherings. I start work at 6 every weekday these days ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

MeleSILVER Member
396 posts

Posted:

Putting work before fire twirling?? Whats going on?? rolleyes

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
What happened to the south beach gathering last night? Did I just rock up too early or what?? I was there from about 8:30 to a bit past 9:00. Perhaps I am mistaken about the venue?????

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

MeleSILVER Member
396 posts

Posted:
I know i rocked up almost excactly at nine and was one of the first, but by 9.20 we had more people than we've had for awhile.

Sorry you missed it, it was a fabulous night... ubbcrying

Where abouts did you go? frown If you had the right spot you might have left just before we got there.

You head down South Terrace to the very southern end, turn right at the end, cross the railway tracks, and turn right into the carpark near the kiosk. We usually hang around there as it gives us some shelter on windier nights, and somewhere to sit and the light there can be handy.

Maybe next week? smile

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
We didn't light up straight away as it was still windy, there would have been nearly 20 people under the kiosk verandah at 9pm. Mondays has been plagued by "lurkers", those who hang back in the dark until things get under way, then creep out of their hiding places. I've only been to 2 Mondays in the last couple of months and was the first to burn at both, despite not being the first there.
For more detail follow the link on the first post on this thread which I am about to edit in.

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Oh ok, I just didnt wait long enough then! I will definately be there this Monday, it will be good to finally meet some of you! I will also bring a heap of fliers for this Wednesday's (21st jan) fire dancing party in south perth! Do you guys know if the group in mt Lawley on tuesday nights is still happening??

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
Hey, just wanted to say i'll be in the Perth area from 1st Feb for about 2 weeks and really looking forward to meeting more HOPers as i will definitely be brave and turn up to at least one of these meets ubbrollsmile

see you soon.. i'll be the scared-looking english girl with badly coloured red/black hair. ubblol

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

MeleSILVER Member
396 posts

Posted:

We will see ya down there then, Eleanor! biggrin

And BurningByron, I'm pretty sure Tuesday Nights are still happening, but don't quote me on it! (I'll check with my housemates, they head up there more often than i do, and see what i can find out) I know it wasn't happening for a little while over xmas and new year but should be on again... umm

Mel.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I solemly promise to bring Eleanor down to South Beach....so please be nice to here and me that night...
ubblol ubblol

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MeleSILVER Member
396 posts

Posted:
Since when was i ever not nice!!

Never fear, I shall be my normal charming self! wave

And for furture referance i don't think you need to bring others along for us to be nice to you, Turning up is good enough for us! ubblol

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
Quote:

And for furture referance i don't think you need to bring others along for us to be nice to you, Turning up is good enough for us! ubblol

ubbtickled well that is good to know!
gnor, i had meant to ask if this is the one you were going to take me to.... i am soooo excited now! i leave england in - oh my goodness - FIVE DAYS! eek biggrin

having major dilemas about which poi / how many sets to bring on my trip! aaagh..

anyway, see you in a couple of weeks. ubbrollsmile

MeleSILVER Member
396 posts

Posted:
Oh dearie.. That is getting close!
We will hopefully see you at next mondays firey gathering...

Hope you have a safe flight, and we'll see you on the other side. smile

BTW, If you don't bring enough poi/staves, i'm sure we can lend you some ubbrollsmile

Oh, and let me know how you go travelling on planes and such with poi, I've booked myself a flight to london in august and don't think i could live without my two firey poi babies... now just gotta sort a work visa confused

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
wave melza - i'm going to japan first for just over a week and then onto perth.. so it will be a couple of monday's time until i am there. brain can't work out how many weeks right now - it could be 3 weeks today? umm

anyway, can't wait! i'll be bringing at least a couple of sets of poi, the tough decision on which is still to be made, but definitely my wicks so i'll let you know how that goes. i just found a lovely air-tight (almost!) tuppaware box for them so that should be ok.

see you soon! ubbrollsmile

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Eleanor, no airline will let you on a plane with fire twirling gear as it makes them suspicious. No ammount of explaining how dry wicks will never spontaneously combust will not change their mind. There are instances of people getting away with it, but this is a rarity and you will have to explain to security types what they are and you probably won't even be believed. Do some searches on "Travel with fire gear" on this board. Different world now.

Melza, Working Holiday visas take a while to be processed and they are issued in a quota each financial year and if they're all taken, you don't get one, but you can reapply in July, which is leaving it shortish. Real work visas are harder to get still unless you have a job sorted already. If you aren't too young you may be able to get an ancestry visa (UK born grandparent). For working holiday (2yr) or ancestry (4yr) you have to show "sufficient funds to support yourself" of about $4000 in the bank. Do what I did and everyone else does and borrow it from your rellies, get a balance statement, then give it straight back. It's fun asking for "4 grand, but only for a couple of days" ubbrollsmile
For more info

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
I hope to see you all 2night!!! This time I will come at 9:00pm!!! instead of 8:30pm. weavesmiley

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

MeleSILVER Member
396 posts

Posted:

Good to see so many people coming down to South Beach lately, Probably something to do with this nice warm weather we are having....

Anyone interested in maybe organising a picnic before fire one of these weeks before it gets too cold and nasty? umm

tye dyemember
2 posts

Posted:
hey mel!

i would be niterested in orgynising a picnic sometime before the fire starts one of these mondays, so i can actually get to know some of you guys.
i may not be able to make it this monday because of major car troubles(hehe, i always seem to have an excuse), but i am definately keen on a picnic sometime. i'll bring the chippies!

hope to meet you soon mel!

TYE peace

MeleSILVER Member
396 posts

Posted:

frown Car problems not good frown Hope it gets sorted out...

But i will meet you one of these weeks!! I love picnics! I can't do a picnic tonight either, but we will have to organise one soon!!

South beach is a lovely picnic spot, and picnicing means you get to watch the sunset before lighting up.... The sun sets by 7.30, so meeting at 9 for fire seems a bit late, would love to get people coming down earlier! ubblove

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Hey guys..

Just wanted to say thanks.... I'm some fairly random English punk guy who got taken to South Beach just over two years ago and y'all showed me how to spin. So much gratitude to all of you...

beerchug

Sy

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Heya,

I thought this thread needed a bump!

Met lotsa new people the last few times I've gone, sometimes its the one thing I do during the week other than study Med.

A mysterious Cow on 2 wheels has also been frequenting the event, unfortunately she wont be there much longer as she is being swapped for some magic beans!

Paul and I have released the NinjaPirate from within and started playing with fire swords which have turned out to be a hit in fire gigs as you can add a slapstick element to the performance.

I've also had some awesome hakisak games with a heap of the girls and guys the last few monday nights.

Come down to south beach and play!
It gets Byron's big stamp of approval!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.