RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
Alright folks, I'm gonna be in SD next weekend (right after Halloween) and wanna burn.

It's my understanding that the drum circle in South Shores is a regular thing. Drums would be nice.

Let's get people together for the evening on Sunday, Nov 2nd. I'll be bringing all my toys and I have LOTS of fuel left over from a recent event... so, come out if you can!

-Randy

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Hi Randy... I would usually be up for this, but I'm feeling a little anti-fire right now as just about all of southern cali is full of smoke.. At this point I can't imagine lighting up.. It's hard enough to breathe outside anyway!! I think I'll need a little break here until things calm down and I can see fire for its beauty and not its complete devastation. Are you still coming down to S.D.? Keep in touch anyway and we'll see how things go out there.

RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
That's actually a really good point. I hadn't heard about the fires yet when I posted that, or just wasn't thinking at the time.. but yeah, I agree.

Maybe in a couple weeks or something. Once things calm down a lot.

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
sounds good!

KristieEBmember
108 posts

Posted:
just to repeat ...

the burning man decomp party is on (east of escondido). please see "oceanside spin" thread for details. there will be burning within a designated area as long as all safety precautions are followed.

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
Uh, the burning man decompression party was NOT open to the public as posted, as me and my carful of friends found out after driving an hour and a half to get there.

We ended up throwing a parking lot rave at del taco though, so it all worked out.

KristieEBmember
108 posts

Posted:
Yeah, things got a little crazy there and at one point there was no more room for people. They started keeping it to 21+ and that still wasn't enough and had to limit it further to people who knew the local burner crowd. Sorry if you got bumped, but if it is any consolation, all the fire arts got shut down by the cops anyway and only a few people spun.

Friday night there were several AMAZING glow spinners that I enjoyed watching very much. Were you one of those guys? Fire Tribe i think they were called.

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Kristie - I was there and had a really good time. I got to spin fire once on Friday before they stopped it, but I understand why they did. As to why people got turned around, it appeared that the owner and organizer did not want it to become a "rave" scene. The cops came like 4 times as it is, so I think they were watching out for themselves. Did you camp there? I looked for you but didn't have much luck. We got there right around sunset on Saturday. Did you have fun??

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Kristie - I was there and had a really good time. I got to spin fire once on Friday before they stopped it, but I understand why they did. As to why people got turned around, it appeared that the owner and organizer did not want it to become a "rave" scene. The cops came like 4 times as it is, so I think they were watching out for themselves. Did you camp there? I looked for you but didn't have much luck. We got there right around sunset on Saturday. Did you have fun?? - Thanks again for posting about it.

KristieEBmember
108 posts

Posted:
I was there the whole weekend. I am bummed I didn't get to see the spinning. I must have been otherwise occupied frown. I was the one running around with a pink cowboy hat on friday and a white rabbit fur (with brown spots) hat on saturday. Mostly I was topless but closed my jackets when chilly.

Who were you?

I am planning on being in the area Dec 12th-14th. Probably near Solana Beach and Oceanside. Was thinking of some beach spinning so let me know if you would like to meet up.

KristieEBmember
108 posts

Posted:
*bump*

i will be spinning fire on some beach near oceanside this saturday.

any suggestions as to which beach? and does anyone want to come out and play?

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
I'm glad you bumped this! Sorry... I havn't checked in in a while... There's a great beach here close to my house... If there's no rain we should be able to work something out... Maybe Friday evening? I might be out of town on Saturday, but maybe not... still working it out! At the party I had a bunch of hula hoops and was hooping quite a bit of the time.... I remember your hat but can't place a face! I hope things work out this weekend. I'll check in here again tomorrow!!

KristieEBmember
108 posts

Posted:
It really has to be saturday. frown I hope I don't miss you! I fly in friday night and have plans with folks with no desire for fire! But Saturday I am trying to do some spinning *very* near Oceanside.

Where do you live?

Could you post here where the beach is you normally spin at? I have heard that law enforcement is pretty stiff in the area since the fires and there aren't many places that are ideal.

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
On the beach there is really no problem with fire. we've had many spins and never had any problems. I spin on the beach in fron of Marron Street, which is right between Wisconsin and Oceanside Blvd. Near the pier is okay too, but when it's high tide, there's not much beach! It looks like I am going to a christmas party on saturday night but I'm not sure where it is located yet. If it's nearby, I can definately make it... My cel phone is 760-533-8851. keep in touch!!

KristieEBmember
108 posts

Posted:
So nice meeting you dulche!

Thanks for the spot. And next time we will be able to spin together!