Page: ......
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Hey y'all... wave

For anyone interested there is a new twirling group started up in Nottingham.

We no longer meet down speak easy on sundays but we still spin EVERY THURSDAY down the FOREST FIELDS recreation ground from about 8PM. (see end of thread for details) weavesmiley

Here's the website: Fields of Fire

PM me or Originalsmit with any questions...

EDITED_BY: duballstar (1084972892)

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
well that went well didn't it? good to be back + see everybody! biggrin

next week probably will be a problem tho cos they seem to take up the whole area... umm

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
well with regards to tomorrow, i think it looks like it will be off no matter what, even if we can get down there will be thousands of people wandering round and more of those dickhead kids we had last week who had no conception of fire being linked to pain.
pain of me kicking em up the arse for pinching me staff.
we could go graveyard but wed need meeting place etc etc.
write me back and see what you think i may be up for a bit of a jaunt

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
been talkin with sam + we might just give it a miss this week due to said reasons. frown whatever happens though we're going to Highness roots/reggae at blueprint about midnight if you fancy some dubplate action... biggrin
peace

are you all coming up to sheffield on the 30th? if so, will you be coming for headcharge the night before, will you just up for the day or will you need somewhere to crash sat night? umm we're just trying to sort out all the accomadation over at pitp....

gsv-sleeper-servicemember
62 posts

Posted:
Finally Smit and i have done some much needed updates on the website, and We have found a new forum which actually works "yippie" We have updated about us, photos, and now have a video section, i am trying to get a email database of everyone who comes down to the fire meet, If you would like to be contacted about the fire meets via email please goto Our website fields of fire were you will find My contact details cya all next thursday ubbloco

You can Also join our new forum just click here

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

addict
469 posts

Posted:
Yes we want all you nottingham peeps on the nottingham forum as well as this one look at the post above, visit the website, join the forum look at the pretty photos, were going to bring a pen and paper down next week and get some names and email adresses and stuff so we can actually remember your names.

this one is shorter

prettydolllogicnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
hehe justt thought'd i'd introduce myself (the lovely wonderful samuel gave me the linkage to this thread - thank you sweetie ^__^)

Hopefully i'm gonna find a Thursday soon when i'm not being stolen by work for damn christmas training (bah humbug!) or the nasty evilness of the goose fair is not invading forest fields and i'll be able to come set myself on fire .. i mean start fire spinning. I've been spinning (minus the fire) for a few months now, i'm not amazing because i haven't had much time to practise over the summer and no-one to go "nooooo don't do it like that do it like this" so yeah i'm all excited. but i'm also a fire hazard based on my general clumsyness!

Anyways i'll hush now.

Miss Emily xxxx
EDITED_BY: prettydolllogic (1097595578)

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hello emily... wave
welcome to the notts thread. we'll get the extinguisehers ready then shall we? wink

prettydolllogicnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
hehe could be an idea ... ^__^ i'll make sure i stand many miles away from everyone else .. so remember if you see a big ball of hire in the distance it's probably my head and you don't need to worry ^ . ^

stavvyGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
hi all its stu sorry i havnt been down in so long been working my arse off thursday nights are getting a bit tricky but will try to get down this week. Oh yeah does anyone have copies of thursday night photos or videos i could steal.

cya all soon

stu - the most intelligent (ameoba) in the world

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
duuuuuuude!!! biggrin how has it taken you this long? umm i've got lots of stuff and have been meaning to make you a staff vids cd for a while so may actually get round to it if you pester me. have you been here yet?

now as for the rest of you, i know sam came and stu couldn't so where was everyone else on sat? umm did you all hide from me or just not come?

FirePhoenixnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Thought I'd slide into this thread cause I might be able to get into notts again. I was the git [ben tongue] that learnt a lot of poi stuff really really quick - used to come down with kelly for those which remember.

Anyway, Hopefully see ya soon smile

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey ben.. would be wicked to see you again buddy! smile

infraBRONZE Member
29 posts
Location: Texas(now), Scotland / Northern Italy (usually in ...

Posted:
Anyone from Nottingham know a David Cooper?

hello?

stavvyGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
HI all its stu again (apologies for my lack of thursday nights) however i need help with something.

i have been asked to entertain at the OTC (officer training corps) ball on the 4th of december (yes the firefly night) from 7:00pm till 8:00pm it is paid work but i need a partner in crime for this show. The work is paid and currently i am trying to wangle 50 squid each out of the army if anyone can help me before firefly or on the night it would be gratefully recieved anyway i'll post details on here when i recieve them it is rumoured to be held in Beeston. Anyway all hope to see you all before the christmas break as work is slowly coming to an end.

stavvyGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
after reading that through i have realised i cannot form sentences anymore :S damn these fried braincells

stavvyGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
Ho Ho Ho (i thought i would act like santa it's kind of fun with the beard and all on i'm just a bit worried about all the kids that keep collecting outside my house :S) i wish u all a merry merry christmas and a happy new year if you can remember it hope your all ok and the turnout at the fields ain't too bad over the next few weeks. Enjoy your time all and cya in Jan

Peace out tongue

stu

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
have yourself a good christmas too man! biggrin it's not lookin too good for tonight at the moment cos of all the bloody rain. oh.. and cos i've got a few thousand words to write before i go home... rolleyes

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Hey Dub hug wave Happy Christmas smile dont work too hard spank there are more important things like juggle weavesmiley wink

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ubblol thanks man, happy christmas to you too! hug i gotta work extra hard so i can get some time to juggle and weavesmiley with tim an laura + the peeps in guildford and london while i'm home!

wish i could've come to fairy tales last sat but i made it to the notts psy night for the first time in a while and was well surprised, although it's well small they put a lot of effort in + have made it pretty awesome, you should come check it out sometime biggrin

addict
469 posts

Posted:
BLOODY WEATHER
not a happy bunny
no spin

Right anyways we have the best location for really really bad weather winter spinning.
we (ME OWen ANd ju blimey thats wierd in never typed that)
live in a house on exeter road. 124
its just up from the fields and over the road is a social club namely the Sumac Centre so we can go in there and enjoy warmthand Vegan food then we can nip out into their carpark (which rarely contains cars) and spin juggle staff etc.
for as long as we want WITH HOT CHOCOLATE then get warm again, me and owen have been and done it a couple of times and its all good as we know the owners. even saw danny from the meet down there once when we were spining. what we need is peoples numbers.
We intend to start spamming you all via a free text site the plan.
if we have bad weather we can text and mail all of you that we are going down the Sumac and you can join us. i suggest (if your up for it that we go there from the forest next week
oh and they sell beer

this one is shorter

~m~BRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
Warmth? Sounds good! Count me in! smile

Unfortunately I'm rather busy at the moment, with it being Xmas 'n' all, so I've not been able to make it along, and don't know when I'll be back, but hopefully some time in January.

Chris has my number, so let me know if you're switching to indoors, and I'll be there if I can!

~m~

"Come to the edge", he said. They said "We are afraid."
"Come to the edge", he said. They came.
He pushed them..... and they flew.
- Apollinaire

addict
469 posts

Posted:
WELL its just chris suggested getting an indoor venue, which involves money, which requires regular attendance from a lot of people, and it would be great cos at the moment by the time we meet its dark which makes trick learning a lot harder as you cant really show anything with your sock poi which is where the best tricks always start off.
but we dont have many people and we have zero garunteed.
during the summer its possible but not needed.
so what i say is during the winter we switch to the sumac which is outdoor spinning under lights and you can get to go and get warmed up if its vile outside.
but during next summer we really go for the posting and flyering and get a massive attendance, there are still spinners in the woodwork who have not come out to play yet.
then we keep all of these people coming out during winter and when the weather starts to turn ugly we make an annoucement of our grand plan to keep spinning all year round now and we can afford an indoor venue, ynever know we could with effort and visits from neighbouring cities get a midlands spitz style thing going on

so what do you think its kind of a 2 year plan.

this one is shorter

~m~BRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a fine plan to me smile

Just one question about this car park - I'm hoping to give some sparky stuff a try with my fans, both with wire wool and sparklers, to see what works. Would this be a bad place to try that sort of thing out? I'm thinking flying sparks of molten metal on people's cars might not go down so well....!

~m~

- Apollinaire

RedNoxmember
15 posts

Posted:
Fan, Wire Wool & Sparklers?? You hang around with Rick far too much you know?? wink

I may be around this Thursday (first time in god knows how long) Xmas, Work and Warcraft not withstanding biggrin

Tony.

When life gives you lemons, check its not orange season.

~m~BRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
Ooh, I think I can make it this week too - amazing!

And I'm much more of a pyro than Rick, I assure you. Always have been.....

hugs,
~m~

- Apollinaire

addict
469 posts

Posted:
No wire in the car park im afraid.
sparky fans.
deaathwish.

this one is shorter

gsv-sleeper-servicemember
62 posts

Posted:
if you want to leave contact phone numbers or email adresses, but do not wish to post them on this forum, you can send them to my email account. pyrodelic@hotmail.com see you all on thursday juggle

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ello tony, good to see you're still about! smile
sumac centre gets my vote even if it is further for me to walk. bounce i'd prefer a well lit practice area with hot chocolate to a dark field with sparks and cold wind. biggrin shall we set a proper time for the meet that we can actually stick too and i don't turn up on my own? what time are they open till? umm

unfortunatley i'm not gonna be back till the 7th so have a good xmas spin an i'll see y'all in the new year... beerchug

addict
469 posts

Posted:
all good i gues were all busy for this week
hows about a new years eve eve spin at the sumac???
okay no chris but we must have other takers

this one is shorter

~m~BRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
I was there. From 9-9:30, at which point I gave in and went home!

Sadly can't do new years eve, as I'm hosting a party....

But count me in in the New Year. Only on the occasional week as I'm often busy Thursday nights, but I'll be there when I can. Now, if someone will just tell me where this Sumac Centre is.....

- Apollinaire

Page: ......