Page: ......
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Hey y'all... wave

For anyone interested there is a new twirling group started up in Nottingham.

We no longer meet down speak easy on sundays but we still spin EVERY THURSDAY down the FOREST FIELDS recreation ground from about 8PM. (see end of thread for details) weavesmiley

Here's the website: Fields of Fire

PM me or Originalsmit with any questions...

EDITED_BY: duballstar (1084972892)

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
*bump*

tonights gonna be good. i should be getting a digital camera sometime today as well biggrin.

i still can't get over this new layout. i'm not sure if its stranger cos its new or cos i was drinking all day yesterday and probably have quite a lot of res-idual drunkness. rolleyes if i still feel like this tonight its gonna be interseting if nothing else....

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

gsv-sleeper-servicemember
62 posts

Posted:
hopefully the flute player will be back with my friend john "guitarist" and some of his friends should be a good jam juggling/ twirling thursday night see ya all there !!! nana footinmouth grouphug ditto censored angelblue peace beerchug

I have added a few more bits to the website, hopefully next week i will be online again so i can find some, webspace for the domain name. i think the domain name is fairly good www.fieldsoffire.uni.cc plus its completly free. smile i have already done loads of work on a flash website, but not having access to the www its imposible to upload "library computers don't allow ftp" anyway hopefully that should be all ok next week when i get back online..........

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i still feel pretty rough. footinmouth while i'm not playing with my new digi camera ( ubblove ) it's most likey that i shall be spending the evening getting some kip to the soothing sounds of our musical troupe..... meditate

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
well i manged to stay awake for the whole night + had loads fun playing with my camera, watching and chatting to people. i've got some photos up in my gallery if you wanna check em out. eek

thursday night is now officially my favourite time of the week! biggrin ubblove

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
yes. metoo. looks like everything is going great guns.nice photos too matey.
see you all next week !!

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
looking forward to tomorrow but unfortunately i'm only gonna be there for a few hours cos i gotta go out drinkin for my housemate will's b-day... shame you didn't stay longer at Firefly smit, Adam Freeland came on after you left + played an awesome set including HEAVY remixes of Beastie boys Fight for the Right + White stripes 7 Nation Army! biggrin

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hopefully getting a van tomorrow - lovely Merc. the FireNix-mobile shall be born and hopefully baptised - ill be coming bacl via nottingham, but.....what time does it start as I shall be coming through about 2-3-ish and dont really wanna hang about till 8-ish
If theres anything going on, or someone wants to hook-up abit earlier - give me a call on 07753413454
Hope to see you guys tomorrow - WooHoo
Rob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

62 posts

Posted:
i have sent a txt to FireNix "not sure if you were in still in notts", cya all tonight juggle

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

addict
469 posts

Posted:
Guys if you check this firenix(rob) is definitly coming down.
andhes brought rain too ubblol so lets have a good night anyways.
ill try out my tent.

this one is shorter

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Great to see you guys - hope you all had
Sorry to have not been able to stay longer - Got back at 11.30 as it was!!
Some time soon - or at a festy
Peace out and Full respect
Rob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

addict
469 posts

Posted:
ta for turning up firenix even in the dull drab weather
good effort and glad you got back okay. made good time too by the looks of it.
yeah lots more people turned up later but the meet was a little calamitous due to an improvised dipping bucket which spilt all our parrafin after one burn.
still looking at the weather should be a lovely lovely good one so
bring any and all things that may be of use all of them
im gonna start up a lost property box as well, did we ever find out whose those spare drums belonged too??
seeing you all later.
smit

this one is shorter

62 posts

Posted:
i am now back online at home, so i should be able to start working on the website. cya all this thursday

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
wow... i've been without internet access for a whole two weeks. eek i'm back round guildford way now for the summer so hope things go well while i'm away.

smit + owen - sorry i didn't make it to the barbie guys but i had a shed load of packing and cleaning to do... cy'all soon! wave

62 posts

Posted:
New Update The photos links section for our website should now be working, https://fieldsoffire.uni.cc/
if you have any ideas or would like to put your contact email addy on please let me know

The forum for fields of fire is now fully up and running please feel free to pop over and visit us

If you would like a link for your website please contact me
EDITED_BY: gsv-sleeper-service (1088625678)

SamuelGOLD Member
22 posts

Posted:
Hey hey guys, I'm 18, live in Nottingham, and recently started poi (about a month ago), and I'm looking to for some peeps to spin with. Dopehats666 from combust in leicester told me about you guys. So, yeah, I was wondering if it'd be alright for me to maybe come along sometime and pick up a few tips, shake off my clumsy newbishness, and meet some other spinners? biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey sam... welcome

welcome to the board! have you managed to get in touch with dem other good for nothin notts spinners yet? wink

SamuelGOLD Member
22 posts

Posted:
I PM'd smit, but haven't heard anything back just yet... ah well smile

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
I know someone who's planning on going to the meeting this thursday. is it happening?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
it should be. try e-mailing owen that runs the website, cos there's a chance smits gone walkabout. hang on...

SMIT? SMII-IIT?!? HERE BOY! WHERE ARE YOU??

failing that i'll try calling someone to find out how things are going in my absence but i'm pretty sure there'll be people down there doing something juggling related... have fun! smile

addict
469 posts

Posted:
I AM NOT LOST
no the weather is going in a beutiful pattern
monday- dull
tuesday-less dull
wednesday-looking really nice and warmhappyfreindly
thursday - RAIN. LOTS OF RAIN LOTS AND LOTS
friday- sunny spells

so we have had no proper meet for a whole month.
im going totally mad.
im out tonight for a burn no matter what so if you see this come and join me.
samuel.
i have had no pm. i havnt been checking this so ill pm you.
if in doubt go to the website
www.fieldsoffire.uni.cc
everything on there you could want to know
ta

this one is shorter

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
im going to be at a bbq in nottingham tonight smile i think its relatively near that big park too

SamuelGOLD Member
22 posts

Posted:
Ta for the PM, although I'm not sure why you didn't get mine, I'm positive I sent one confused

Heh, so true about the weather. I was gonna come the last two weeks, but didn't bother. I mean, normal weather all week then suddenly thunder and lightning? I mean, what?

All going well I'll come along next week, so hopefully see you then smile

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
cool, glad everyone's managed to find each other now, let me know how it goes guys... smile

SamuelGOLD Member
22 posts

Posted:
You were all so goddamn awesome ;D

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
eek xylaphone man's dead and i've only just found out! frown if you lot haven't signed this yet, now's your chance, lets pay hommage to a true legend and build a statue:

Xylaphone man petition

SamuelGOLD Member
22 posts

Posted:
Yeah, that sucks. I saw him like an hour or two before he died :/

And hey, guess what! It's Thursday, and raining. Surprise sur-[censored]-prise
Non-Https Image Link

kylievgnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
oh no, xylaphone man was fantastic- I will miss him!!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey guys.. how's it going? still havin rain problems? people still meeting? umm

p.s. welcome to the notts thread kylie welcome

kylievgnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
Thanks Chris!! I will keep an eye on this thread to keep up to date with the goings on of the Notts meets until i manage to get back to uni.
Also thought that i would mention that there is a very good night on at BluePrint this Saturday called Elation. Is definately worth going if any of you are around this weekend!!
See you later!!

SamuelGOLD Member
22 posts

Posted:
Written by: duballstar

hey guys.. how's it going? still havin rain problems? people still meeting? umm

There's been no rain the last couple of weeks biggrin I was busy with other things yesterday, but last week loads of people came, was pretty awesome. I picked up a lot of staff tips smile

Page: ......