Page: ...
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Hey y'all... wave

For anyone interested there is a new twirling group started up in Nottingham.

We no longer meet down speak easy on sundays but we still spin EVERY THURSDAY down the FOREST FIELDS recreation ground from about 8PM. (see end of thread for details) weavesmiley

Here's the website: Fields of Fire

PM me or Originalsmit with any questions...

EDITED_BY: duballstar (1084972892)

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
i now have a full arsenal of fun toys
fire poi.
fire ropes.
fire meteors
fire rope dart
fire staff
practice meteors
practice poi
practice staff

so we need spinners to still turn up this is a call.. turn up.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

teflonmember
13 posts

Posted:

hey guys
soz for never turning up. I'm havin alot of trouble making thursdays, i hvae frisby.
is anyone meeting up any other nights don't know if i'll be able to meet anytime soon as i have [censored] lodads of stuff planned but whats in the pipie line this thred is too long to catch up on once a month am gonna have to do more pc room visitin.

I have a new hair cut it's awsome!!
hopefully catch you guys at some point
lots of love Lameo

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hmmm... thursdays is such a good day tho! we'll think about it...

so until then, this thursday (11th) at 8pm sound good? my scabs are just coming off my burns from last week so it's time to light up again! biggrin

did anyone do anything last week?

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

dR pSYcHoSILVER Member
88 posts

Posted:
Hello all wave

Just though I'd say high being a Notts spinner (etc.,) an' all. I have been a bit crap recently and haven't headed down cause of medical finals approaching (6 days to go eek), sunday always seems to have been filled. Still, finished next thurs so will be down on that sun if anyone is about, cause after that I'm off to J'berg for 8 weeks (see social post) so need a bloody good burn before I go!

Anyone seeing fire-engines around canning circus, they're prob after me ubblol

Anyway, back to the books... rolleyes

taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco Damn those MexICan BANdits taco taco taco taco TACOFICATION taco taco taco taco taco taco

addict
469 posts

Posted:
HEY PSYCHO.
yeah so if you want a burn this thursday. forest fields rec (the goose fair site)
at 8ish. were normally a bit late . ill bring a gallon down and my sparklers.
see you there boys and girls

this one is shorter

dR pSYcHoSILVER Member
88 posts

Posted:
Sooooo tempting... I'll see how revision's going; for I am the procrastination king (all bow and worship the skilled work avoidance). Still, all over next thurs-end is in sight biggrin

taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco Damn those MexICan BANdits taco taco taco taco TACOFICATION taco taco taco taco taco taco

addict
469 posts

Posted:
i think youll make it. should be a good crowd if duballstars powers of persuasion are up to scratch.
should be quite a nice night too, the temprature is getting better, weve had some nights where its been so windy you cant light your sodding poi.

this one is shorter

teflonmember
13 posts

Posted:
yet again i'm posting to inform you i won't be able to make it this week. but i'm happy i managed to get online within 1 week yey smile.
with that outburst out the way i'll leave you be

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yup.. this thursday should rock if everyone i've asked comes along. biggrin

i still have to get hold of stu and john though...

if we don't see you this thurs (although i hope we will), good luck with the finals psycho!!

addict
469 posts

Posted:
right. ive been on 9-5s all week long so ive not got any fuel if some one picks some up ill give you some£££££
honest
please. i need a good long burn tonight.
and i have lots of toys.
lets make this the best notts spin yet!!!!!

this one is shorter

mushroom willmember
3 posts

Posted:
well, i've been broodin in the side lines way too long now....can't access this madness from home, need a proper computer without budget ntl connection, so here goes.......

hola!

guess i'll see y'all 2nite - recently stocked up on loads a fin, made meself some poi after breakin the last lot on someone's head in the summer (funny how things get put off through winter....should be the other way round maybe?!?) and i'm hungry to learn. met some of ya briefly a while back and lookin forward to seein more.
anyways...not so forested fields tonite.

see ya!

hmm....good thing ya don't have loads a work to be doin!!!!
it's all about burnin and bouncin!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
nice one dude, we're gonna need a lotta fin tonight! well done for finally getting your digital ass on line and congrats to teflon for a record 2 posts in one week! beerchug

we may have a photographer from 'impact' (a student magazine) coming along tonight so wire wool would go down well but i dunno if i'm gonna make it to the shops in time. if anyone reading this can come up with the goods it'd be awesome! biggrin

addict
469 posts

Posted:
WIRE WOOL
please
i love it

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
wow.. this is the first time i've made it onto hop since the middle of last week...

just to say that thursday was a lot of fun, depiste the cold and the blood (a record two nosebleeds and a head injury!) ubbloco
hello to rosa, izzy and rosie... wave well done for making it down!

i'm not gonna be about this week cos i'm off to amshterdam but everyone else will be... have fun y'all!
peace

addict
469 posts

Posted:
yup ta to everyone who turned up
really good night.
lets all turn up next week as well. hopefully konsti and ucof will have carried out their threat to turn up early and will be able to join us.

this one is shorter

addict
469 posts

Posted:
well no-one not one person turned up for the big notts spin so that was a faliure.
i understand you all got probs with revision £££ etc etc and its all good.
half of the peeps who normally turn up are now somewhere else somewhere backward and foreign like guilford.
so is anyone left. is anybody out there?
ill be there from 8 till whenever i run out of parrafin, thursday as per usual.
someone should turn up. if your reading this it could be you

this one is shorter

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
it could be me.. I will check to see what time I finish work.. then try to arrive within a few months biggrin

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey guys... i'm back from dam. peace awesome week! biggrin

i'll be there on thurs if you are smit...

addict
469 posts

Posted:
well!! thank you all for turning up.
good night i thought. angus did you get home alive on your bike based contraption?
dubs mate ill catch you in a few weeks have i nice time out in the sticks (styx?)
angus. if your around you should keep coming down.
everyone else well your not here or not on hop are you so theres no point in appealing to you on here.
REMEMBER EVERY THURSDAY IM THERE WHETHER YOU ARE OR NOT. SO COME THE HELL DOWN AND SPIN SOME FIRE
byeeeee
smit

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yup.. another good night! nice to meet you at last angus wave as smit says it'd be good to see you down more...

btw if either of you get strugz's another easy sunday vid there's a section with durbs and his fire rope dart...

gsv-sleeper-servicemember
62 posts

Posted:
Should be able to make it up this Thursday 08-04-04 but I dont know for how long, as I have been invited for a drink @ the sumac centre. We could do some juggling @ the sumac and have a bear at the same time, its not far from the forest recreation ground 245 Gladstone Street forest fields have a look on the STREETMAP
Hope to see ya all tonight Owen beerchug

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
still in london at the moment but will definately be down next week! just had an e-mail from someone in mansfield that's planning on coming down then as well... smile

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
*bump*

right lets get this show out the ditch (full of stangant water, bits of discarded rubbish and strange mutated animals that have been evolving for the past few weeks) and back on the road! ubbrollsmile

I'm coming back to Nottingham tomorrow (*waits for cheering crowds, fanfares and fireworks to calm down*) and i proclaim that:

'On Thursday night from 8pm there shall be a wonderful spin down Forest Fields with hopefully more people than just Smit and I!'

S'gonna be good and you know it! biggrin

(incidentaly it's my 21st Birthday today... yey me! smile)

62 posts

Posted:
happy birthday duballstar!! yup me and smit are definatly up for for some fire on thursday We were practicing some contact devilsticks this morning !!

i think smit was talking about going down to the cemetary to do some sparkly poi and filming if ya up for it just post a message Owen ubbrollsmile

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

aydenmember
41 posts

Posted:
hiya mates
Im new to the uk and also new to poi. I would like to join your group, how does it work etc? hug Im based in Manchester Cheadle Hulme. Where do you guys practise and is it close to where I am
(sa guy)
ayden

''may the sun shine on everything we do''

62 posts

Posted:
good luck with finding some spinners in manchester i hope that you have managed to email some peeps were you are, If you wanted to travel to nottingham im sure that i could put you up for the night
Owen

62 posts

Posted:
im looking forward to tonights spin hopefully We will get a good turn out rolleyes cool tongue wink biggrin smile ubbloco ubbidea ubbrollsmile hug beerchug wave weavesmiley

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yup.. i'm all set! i think we should wait a bit before we head to the churchyard tho + see who turns up first... tongue

aydenmember
41 posts

Posted:
hey there gsv-sleeper-service no luck in finding anyone where i am how far is nottingham from where i am?
ayden
aydenluke04@yahoo.co.uk

''may the sun shine on everything we do''

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey ayden... wave

i'd say we're a few hours from manchester on the train. on a map it's just below sheffield. i'm not entirely sure where cheadle holm is though. i'll ask my manchunian housemate and get back to you!

smit + owen- check the new moves thread! wink

Page: ...