Page: ...
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Hey y'all... wave

For anyone interested there is a new twirling group started up in Nottingham.

We no longer meet down speak easy on sundays but we still spin EVERY THURSDAY down the FOREST FIELDS recreation ground from about 8PM. (see end of thread for details) weavesmiley

Here's the website: Fields of Fire

PM me or Originalsmit with any questions...

EDITED_BY: duballstar (1084972892)

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
happy new year folks! biggrin

just to let you know the next meet, weather permitting, is goin to be sunday 25th jan. they're gonna be happening less frequently while the wheather sucks so make sure you make it! if you haven't been along for a while it'd be good to see you an if you haven't made it along yet, now's your chance!
.... see above 4 details!

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
ho ho ho.
hello all notts twirling people.
met two of you last night and had a good little spin.
I really should have found this little thread as.... guess what im the guy who was twirling outside powergen!!!!!!!!!
so...thursday, big ole spin down the forest fields recreation ground spread the wordepopel and bring everthing you have that could be useful, we should have toys ranging from staff to rope dart
see. you.there

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
thursday you say? i though we were talkin wednesday but thursday suits me better...
what time you wanna spin? ubbrollsmile
meanwhile anyone else from notts make sure you leave a post when you visit this thread, we wanna know who you are!!!

addict
469 posts

Posted:
lets make it 9.15 at the forest fields rec.
bring everything and everone, im gonna see if we can get a decent danish photographer down.
ill show you those practice staffs too they look levely.
see you there.
smit

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
that's cool...
i'll do my best to get in touch with the others and kick some asses into gear! emma's still up for it i think, she wanted to know if we'd still spin in the snow... umm
silly question!!

Slinkymember
9 posts

Posted:
So.. I'm hoping there will be a few people there willing to teach me some poi moves?!!
I have the basics.. but the very basics.. and would love to learn more.. I've not really had my mind on it lately but it's something I really want to try and do, so please.. be patient!!

I'll try my best!

C ppl there hopefully. wave

**Anti-cool: A Subculture For One**

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
sure thing! we'd be happy to oblige... the more the merrier!
cya tonight (and don't forget to wrap up warm!)

addict
469 posts

Posted:
urm.... did anyone buy any parrafin, im out.

this one is shorter

addict
469 posts

Posted:
smile
that was great guys and girls, lets hope for lots more people on
SUNDAY THE REC BE THERE OR BE SQUARE
thats the 1st feb for all you who dont know what day of the week it is.
more parrafin, more toys, ill have some mad poi and a 7ft staff hopefully.
see you there, you know you want to
go on,go ooon, go on bring parrafin, ill have about 2 gallons,
and some sort of parrafin lamp as well would be good

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
how did it go on sunday? anyone turn up?

gsv-sleeper-servicemember
62 posts

Posted:
I was there !!!, hopefully We can do it again sometime this week i need to do some repairs on my devil sticks and build some poi but that shouldnt take that long. prahaps tuesday or wednesday evening on the forest ???
Owen weavesmiley

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
erm, this has nowt to do wiv the rest of the thread, but do you think you guys would wanna organise sumfing for HOP day 2004? check out the thread, and please reply on it, it'd be cool to get you guys on the video!
lotsa love
DB

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

addict
469 posts

Posted:
well sunday was a bit poo, its just too windy at the moment, its too hard to spin properly and maintain balance.
but where were you guys , cmon lets go spin some time this week, have parrafin, and can get a really good cameraman down as well.
reply!!!

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
they're an apathetic bunch round here... most of them haven't even got themselves on HOP yet!!

i'm not about this sunday again cos i'm watching aperfectcircle @ the rock city how about thurs or fri instead? i'm well up for a spin + am gonna go get some parafin later...

62 posts

Posted:
Cool thursday sounds good to me how about 7pm ??. i will try and speak to smit later as well Owen weavesmiley beerchug

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
7's good with me...

addict
469 posts

Posted:
but not with me....sorry guys id like to but tue just got back into the country so were gonna go for meal. friday nothing on nothing to do, will have just been payed, may have some mushies.

to LOCO READ THIS.
this is where you will find out what is happening with us in notts.
everyone say hi to loco, he a crazy man wave

so FRIDAY FOR THE NEXT MEET all good yes about 8 yes or if its no good let me know otherwise. 8 the rec. friday bring everyone, EVERYONE.

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yeah... i've just found out it's my mates' 21st tonight so i've gotta go drink!
bearing this in mind friday would be better for me as well, 8 it is then!!

i really am gonna do some butt kicking to get people down.... spank

OI you lazy Notts spinners!! wake up!!! come out and play!!!!

oh yeah.... HI LOCO wave

addict
469 posts

Posted:
8 . cool. still up for sunday???

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
sorry dude... i'm at aperfectcircle on sunday night so won't be able to make it. dunno if anyone else is about though.

i'm definatley still up for tonight, i'll see who else i can get down too! weavesmiley

i think a lot of people have been having trouble getting on to HOP lately... i'm pretty sure it's our crap student ntl conections server which is to blame cos i have no trouble on public computers like this one! maybe malcom could help us out somehow...

anyway, 8 at the rec it is! just hope i've got over this hangover by then.... frown

RedNoxmember
15 posts

Posted:
Gach - who'd work for a living?

Been having trouble finding any spare time over the last few months - but hopefully will have some coming soon. I think my spinning muscles have seized... spank

Hope to join up and spin some time soon - will keep an eye on the board for time/place info.

Hope y'all had a good chrimbo and that Santa brought you lots of new toys!

Tony.

When life gives you lemons, check its not orange season.

addict
469 posts

Posted:
well we all had a good night on friday didnt we.
cheers to all who turned up it was a nice spin, all we need to do is get a regular day going.
see you next week . someone suggets a date, i need no notice to get down there and am always up for a spin.
a spot of advice.
chris. no neck wraps with rope dart, none, silly boy.
stu. bring more rizla we always need some. a cheapass tent for resting in would be good too. with all the rain and what have you

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i concur (although i don't know how to spell it...) friday was dope!!
the rope dart was awesome fun but i think you're right, i'll get my neckwraps dialled before i try it with fire again.... ubbloco

did anyone turn up last night? aperfectcircle were absolutley blinding so i regret nothing!!

tony it'd be great to see you down again as well mate, it's been a while! wave

addict
469 posts

Posted:
okay so whats the next date, im working 9-5 so icant get any parrafin at all. other than that any day bar wednesday is great.
i should be able to blag someone to get some 'fin in for me, looking forward to the next meet, got some double staff stuff laid down.
no. no-one turned on sunday. not even me, like i say pick the day we will have the best weather and we will go from there

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
whenever man... i'm free all week except sat and it's supposed to be dry + not to cold till next week! smile

62 posts

Posted:
the weather seems like it might be better this thursday/friday if thats any goodubbloco

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
shall we say tomorrow then? (thursday)

addict
469 posts

Posted:
right then guys thursday it is, ill call owen in a bit and get him to pick up some parrafin. get stu along cos ive been practicing my double staffs.
ill bring some bif if you bring some beer.
lets make a night of it.
kent is looking dodgy got any mates who fancy driving to london for a few days for a few £££?????
find out ill be in touch later as it stands 8 o'clock on the park
BE THERE OR HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE.
might go graveyard tonight too. he he he he he

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i'll see whose about... hope it's not bloody raining still though!!!

addict
469 posts

Posted:
So thursday again for a spin guys.
i met your mate sam smith this weekend chris, you didnt tell me he was coming. what do you know of this 'peace and love festival' that going on on the weekend of the 14th of march.....
have had a lot of really good spins. dislocated my kneecap a number of times though which freally hurts, some amazing spinners and ive picked up a nice few tips and a couple of new moves.
see you thursday, thursday right thursday for a spin on thursday
thats thursdday. got it
thistle. if you read this you should come down again and get your poi back, theyre sat on the piano at the moment.

this one is shorter

Page: ...