Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Bonfire night 5th Nov- London (UK) area? Any ideas?

Login/Join to Participate

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Was Chatting Earlier With Tim (a.k.a. Ogre) and he was wanting to do something on Bonfire night. Seeing as i have the discision making skills of something that has no brain, and Ogre likewise. Am puting up this post to try and glean some wicked ideas from all you inspired people!

So all and any ideas are welcome.

Love and Huggs to all

Ads

[ 29. October 2003, 06:12: Message edited by: DsAds ]

Is that magnets!?

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Don't know about anything organised, but much fun with fire will have to be had!!!

If anyone has anything more constructive I would be interested!!!!!!!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
something with fire would be good... erm...

Make a big bonfire! get fireworks n food n drums n fire n music n fire n glowsticks n anything else that makes a noise or gives off light that can be spun or spun to!
Thats me outa ideas...

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Lambeth Council has organised 3 fireworks displays on 5 Nov -7.30pm ~ at following parks:
Brockwell Park
Streatham Common
Clapham Common
No bonfires allowed due to safety and environmental risks

There is a bonfire AND fireworks at Wandsworth park though November 5th (Nearest st. Putney Bridge)
Wandsworth Park Fireworks
7.30pm bonfire
8.00pm fireworks
ADM FREE

On November 1st there are bonfires and fireworks on Tooting Bec Common. As most of us will be in Clapham Common that day though, not much good to us

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Shouldn't there be a Reclaim the Beach around that time ?
If there isn't, shouldn't we do one anyway ?

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh what a good idea

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Think Durbs is trying to blag us into the Guildford fire works display like we did last year..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
Smack bang in the middle of my reading week, duuno whether I'll be in Oxford (they have quite a cool bonfire and fireworks and plenty of space to spin) or stay in merry old London, oh decisions decisions..........

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
what my friends and I did in our second year was to go to the top of a big green hill at the back of the uni, which had benches to sit on and from where we could see all the fireworks in guildford. I wonder if it's a fire-friendly hill?

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
hey, is this the guildford display? :
Saturday 8 November 2003
Festival of Fireworks
Painshill Park 5.30pm
Painshill Park will host an incredible display of pyrotechnic wizardry over its magnificent lake and landscapes. The paths will be torchlit around the glittering 14 acre lake and visitors can marvel at the Gothic Temple, the Turkish Tent and Grotto Island lit by night. Commencing with human fire acts, there will be music, fine warming food and an eighteenth century torchlit procession around the lake which will mark the start of one of the most extraordinary firework displays ever seen. Gates open at 5.15pm. Human fire acts including fire eating, fire juggling and fire twirling commence at 5.30pm and the main display will start at 7.30pm.

found it online. anyone know who's doing the spinning? burnt toast?

Ben Dessau2002member
11 posts

Posted:
The one on BlackHeath is really good and Free - Sat 8th Nov at 8pm

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Polythene - Nope, that's the Painshill Park Display, the Guildford display is in Guildford Stoke Park to be precise.
I don't know who's spinning there, it (sadly) isn't us and I don't know of any other spinners around this way. I shall have to investigate further.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I remember when I was running around the UK paying for internet service by the minute at cafes that it was really tough to browse "Events and Gatherings" if the location wasn't put in the title.

I know it's you Ads, but for the sake saving the rest of the planet valuable internet time, do try to remember to put the location in the title.

All Love.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
OK OK!! *hangs head in shame*

I feel suitably chastised (sp) now thank you NYC!

*Runs to find the edit button*

Is that magnets!?

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Are people doing something other than going to Brixton, then?

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
People all over the world are doing something other than going to Brixton.

Except for a select few.

I'm not going to Brixton or the Bonfire, I'm having an evening with my Mr. instead

- W B Yeats

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
so anyone in the guildford are doing fireworks tonight?

If so, could I tag along please?

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
And so the weary travellers went to Brixton to find other jugglers types that were too stoned to plan something bonfire related to do this year - .....hope you had fun peeps

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

avalanchestranger
18 posts

Posted:
ive got a mate with a sick camera and we were gonna go out doing some filming around london-guerilla stylee....
just trying to think of anywhere thats safe for spinning, but if theres anyone who's gonna be around & wants to spin let me know asap

u might even get some sick footage!!