Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Fri 31st Oct, halloween demo, bristol,uk!!

Login/Join to Participate

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
Halloween themed Non-violent, Non-Party, demo to take place in Bristol on the 31st Oct 2003!!

Trick or Treat around the corporations, businesses, military and government institutions creating a global nightmare.

Main objective to raise awareness - get the connections happening between individual companies and their effects on our planet and society.

All groups and individuals welcome. Anti war campaigners, environmentalists, anti globalisationists, refugee rights, GM campaigners, Animal Rights Campaigners etc.

Assemble in the city centre (opposite the Hippodrome) 12noon.

Dress up in scary ethos themed costume -
George Bush , Guantanamo Bay Prisoner, Underpaid coffee worker, Coca Cola union shooting victim, fairtrade fairy,... Whatever!
If you need help with costumes - let us know! there will be a costume, banner making etc etc session sometime in next few weeks

To move en masse around designated central targets. (Esso, McD's, Starbucks, Gap etc - list available) Distributing leaflets, and demonstrating outside stores. Possibly interrupting the flow of business. (In peaceful non violent manner obviously) To finish in the city centre early evening.

Bring music, drums, whistles, banners, children, bicycles, leaflets etc.

If you're a member of a band or samba group, street theatre group etc we'd LOVE to hear from you.
(Or anything else you feel you could contribute!)

If you'd like more info please get in contact.

Supported by: People and Planet (UWE)
Globalise Resistance (Bristol)
Student Action for Refugees (U.B)
Stop the War (Bristol, UWE)

Gilly gillian_gates@yahoo.com.au
Holly celery57@hotmail.com ph: 078 0870 4889 (People and Planet UWE)

ok calling all bath, bristol and south west spinners, jugglers, drummers, activists, peace campainers etcetc.. to come make some noise on friday the 31st october 12 till 6-7ish!!! numbers are lookin good but we need lots of people. basically we want to grab the attention of the public to raise awareness of important issues that we care about, plus we havnt had anything in bristol for a while,and u actually might have some fun at the same time come support our cause!Feel strongly about the Esso and their involvement in the US withdrawl from the Kyoto protocol? feel that we need to do more about underpaid farmers in the 3rd world? want to make the public aware of the endless destruction of rainforests by macdonalds?? then come and make ur voice heard people! and anyone who could do a few hours of flyering round bristol uni for the event let me know. hope to see some of u there...bring friends of friends of ur best mates girlfriends brother etc etc... x x email/post/call if ur interested or want more info x

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
Hi ya gorgeous, good to see your still in the protesting vibe
I might surprise you and turn up, stranger, crazier, wackier things can and have happened

Take care darlin

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:
Sounds good
I'll be there. Do you know where the train station is in relation to the center?
ellexx

The earth isn't dying its being murdered and the people killing it have names and addresses!

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
wicked tis a 15 min walk to the centre.(call if u get lost ) we are also havin a banner/costume making session sometime in next few weeks if u can come over for that. will keep u posted

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
wont be able to be there -dang!! but i'll b thinkin of y'all and sendin good vibes!!

whats up with all the limitations?

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:
Holly is it better for me to get of at Parkway or Temple Meds?

The earth isn't dying its being murdered and the people killing it have names and addresses!

Dazmember
47 posts

Posted:
If you get off at Temple Meads you can catch a bus outside. Its a five minute ride to the centre.

What is this life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.

Come alive!

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
cheers daz
kurubei hows it goin??! sure u cant come?? might be fun ya know good vibes are good tho we need em too
ecofairy u bringing anyone with u??

spread the word bristol people

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:
Yeah I thinks a couple of us are coming. Do you know how policed its going to be? Do you know if there'll be many other people spinning there?
Is there any squat type accomidation around the center that the carless people could stay in for the night.

:)elle

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
sounds like loadsa fun! -will be my 21st birthday also on that day- and we're gonna have a big firespinning session in redland park later on that evening if you guys wanna come along!

would love to meet up for banner thingy making stuff!

cheers
ben

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
yeah there are a few city centre squatters im sure they will put people up. will investigate... would offer my place but am not there in eve oww...tis so anoying i keep meaning to meet the bristol spinners. not sure how many spinners but ill definitely have mine
will get back to u in terms of police...not sure what the situation is. this isnt gonna be a massive thing but once they pick up on us i guess its gonna be cat and mouse for the afternnoon seen as they dont really like loud coulourful groups of people

er ben a few of us people and planeters are havin a short get together for banners/t shirts if u need resources/paints/material/ideas...would also be good to meet u. just a few of us meetin at someones house in montpeliar on monday about 5ish to 7.30 ish then we are goin to the indymedia film night @the cube. come join us dude (07808704889) tis shame i wont be there for halloween night

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
ehem...i am in no way shape or form pushing this topic up to the top as a friendly reminder. i just suddenly had the urge to say hello on this thread...

ehem... hello people
oh and seen as im typin i might aswell remind all ye bristol activists about friday. midday...opposite hypodrome. it aint savin the world, but its a step in the right direction ...
x x

caz86Twister Fire Starter ridin on a tratter
156 posts

Posted:
Argh I'm there in spirit but my corpse will be on a train to oxford to see my bro Sorry!

Caz

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:
mehh,
IF the weather is this shit tomorrow I might be tempted to stay in Cardiff (Similar thing going on down here),
If not see youz tomorrow:)
much love
Ellexx

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
It's not going to rain tomorrow even if it takes me selling my soul to satan (again). What going to happen is we'll wake up and it'll be bright blue sky we'll head into the centre for the protest and after head up to redland for abit of fire/wirewool spinning and my house party!

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:
lol, ok.

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
lol, thats the spirit

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
see...
its not raining
honest.

unfortunately i sold my soul for a couple of pints last night.
doh!!!

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
bin away from the internet for weekend..but thanks to anyone that turned up...was good to meet u eco fairy
was a success..we flyered like mad...made our point to alot of the public despite the rain. and we stopped anyone buying petrol from esso for a whole hour. a pat on the back 4 us oh and we got in the evening post page 5 with a pic of us outside the garage if anyones interested.

annnnddd this is gonna happen again for all those interested..the centre of bristol will be kicking off on wednesday the 19th as bush arrives in london for his state visit to stay with the queen in buckingham palace. more info later....

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:
Hey hey,
Was good to met you, well impressed with the demo, Would be nice to pop down again for something soon.
Can i see the picture???? please
Much love
ellexxXxx