will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
HEllo,

I have just moved to Brighton and wondered if there are any spinners who meet in the area. Love to hear from anyone who does.

william

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i don't, but in the interim period i'll leave you with a picture of nyc buried by the rusty halfpipe:

[image]https://photos.offline.org.uk/showpic.php?picid=t3350[/image]

LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
Im a brightonian who's away at uni, im fairly new to poi but theres some of us lurking, if you wander down to the beach fairly regually you might get lucky. There are a few groups who meet down there but get turfed off by the police quite often unfortunatly.

ive seen a few in the pavilion gardens too. Or if your really brave go into oddballs (in the north laines opposite wai kiki moo kow) and ask them they might know after all they do sell the stuff.

Good luck!

Fleassymember
11 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Lux:
ive seen a few in the pavilion gardens too. Or if your really brave go into oddballs (in the north laines opposite wai kiki moo kow) and ask them they might know after all they do sell the stuff.

Good luck!

Hehe yea thats where i got mine from i think.

Im not a brighton liver but i visit once a month, im going down on the 18th actually well maybe the 17th if i can find somewhere to stay overnight, but im going to the uni openday. If u wanna meet and poi then im up for it!! Ive only just startd, i bort my poi exactly a month ago *happy one month poi birthday to me!*

The girl with kaleidoscope eyes
Im so purple i piss Ribena!

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
not a brighton regular but there are plenty of poiers down there.

you'll definately find some just walking around (although probably moreso in the summer)

do go ask in oddballs. if they're anything like the london oddballs they'll have loads of useful info...

also do pop into one of the regular london meets sometime- it's only an hours journey

good luck

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
hello thanks for the info ppl.

Im gonna go down to the oddballs shop soon and have a natter. As for getting to London - I was going to go to PiP today but I bankrupted myself going to Chichime on friday. Another week.

As for the weekend of the 18th - I think I will be in London then but I will post if otherwise!

will

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
my fella lives in Brighton.. I'll be down there weekends on and off for the forseeable future.. be good to meet up whilst he's studying during the day.

[ 06. October 2003, 21:47: Message edited by: MisStix* ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

caniffisSILVER Member
60 posts

Posted:
down in Brighton each weekend, to go clubbing at the honey club! where are some people how have a residency doing staff poi strilts and grinding inthere every saturday, they let me help out as i have insurance. good mates of mine they are!
if your around let me know and can meet on the beach one weekend, entroduce you to a few of the mates down there if possible.

What you don't know won't hurt you? well i intend to get to know as much as possible so that i can make sure no one else has to so they carn't get hurt.

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
hello!

my email address is willhardmanuk@hotmail.com and it gets checked daily - I'm gonna be around all this weekend for definate so if anybody is around we can go spinning!

will

AustinBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
I'll be visiting my friend in November and will be up for a meet

Fleassymember
11 posts

Posted:
Hey!
Next weekend im going down for the uni open day but i might be coming down on the friday and leaving saturday ight (if i can find somewhere to kip for free) so if anyone wants to meet to poi!!! *puts up her hand* e-mail me on Gothic_llama@hotmail.com

The girl with kaleidoscope eyes
Im so purple i piss Ribena!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Hello!

Are there any events/gatherings planned for next weekend? I.e. HoP Day?? Me and my boyfriend will be down there visiting some mates so would really like to hook up with other spinners to commemorate the wonderful day!

Beth

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
At least we will be there now you have booked the room hun!
I was beginning to get concerned!!

Looking freward to (hopefully) meeting some Brighton peeps to spin with!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
gawd I'm lame.

After setting up this thread I forgto to check it and now everybody actually did come down to Brighton and I missed you all!

*cringe*

But I'm still here and we can put people up (although its a sleeping bag and sofa affair!)

will

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Me and Birdsanctuary (spelt it right this time ) arent coming down to brighton til this weekend, 25th/26th, thats why we wondered if anything was planned for HoP day!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I'll be down this weekend too.. but I'm going to London for Astral Phoenix as the fella is playing.. we may be down on the beach on sunday.. that's if we don't get too messy

have a good un if i don't see ya

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
strange... I may well be going to Astral Phoenix too, because I know a guy playing in the 180 degrees room.

A sunday spin sounds like the best idea if ppl are around.

will

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
hmm - my fella is Red Five of the 180s - who do you know mate? Could be a very small world..

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
um Rick.

I don't know him that well actually, we met on a train to brixton a while back and I went to the 4th birthday night last week.

some other mates are going to phoenix so Im pretty stoked about it.

will

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
aaah Rik - yes I know him.. cool..

well hopefully see you on saturday then - Red Five will be playing at 2 till 4 I think.. come over and say HI! I'll be hiding in the DJ booth most likely