Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Today I went into one of those funky shops that sells all sorts of random stuff, you know the sort of place, the ones that have a whole bit full of used books, and lots of odd jewellery, that sort of thing, and there was this woman customer looking at a smallish (less than twice the length of a glowstick smile) obelisk made of slightly cloudy quartz.She was holding it up in the air and saying "Wow feel the aura on this, It's so warm, I can feel it protecting me, reducing confusion and bringing clarity to my life...!" and the shopkeep was nodding in sincere agreement.Uh... am I the only person who finds this mildly disturbing?Given that lots of people who voted that twirling improved their auras I thought this might be an interesting discussion...

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Personally i think its a bit weird but maybe im the one whos weird and they are the ones who are right. Its a bit like the maybe the people who we consider mad are actually the only sane people.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

rangerbethanymember
70 posts

Posted:
as far as spirituality goes i can't wrap me gead around many things. but i believe that these crystals that have been in the ground for hundreds of thousands of years do have certain "energies". there's also a lot of quartz crystals that are heated to produce different colours (that otherwise would have occured naturally) to sell for the foolish(theses are the $3-4 tumble stones and most bright coloured jewelry).i'm definately not tuned into my spirituality but i can sometimes feel a crystals 'heat' and it's a very real and earthy thing. of course i could just be imagining things, but there are alot of people more in touch with these energies than. we know auras exist, but not everyone sees them...beth

floating
drifting
fading away
how could these stimulants lead us astray?

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
"we know auras exist"we do? since when?

Xochidancemember
18 posts

Posted:
The statement 'we know auras exist' is completely true. I know auras exist. There is an impressive community in our beautiful world that also knows auras exist. Take aviation, or electronics, a computer... 2+2=4, whatever you want that YOU know exists. There is a community that supports that knowledge that the computer is real. That a camera captures an image of what is 'real'. There is a community backing this. There is a south american tribe that believes that cameras see inside them and can see demons. Their community supports that belief. Now, if they become enculturated in our society, they might form a different opinion. They see it from a different perspective, might take a photography course, become experienced, grow. Because one has not seen auras doesnt mean they dont exist, or havent been proved to exist. It only takes ONE experience from ONE person to PROVE that anything exists. However, in this world we live in, most people who are not pioneers or have lost their innocence have to see hundreds, thousands, millions of people believing before they themselves believe, or can accept something as 'PROVEN'.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
hey!i happen to be one of those "weird" people

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:

Send food, not bombs.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:

Send food, not bombs.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
erm - reality check!!!Something is not 'real' until I accept it is. Using your logic, everything is real as long as someone out there thinks it is. This (I think) is coming from the theory that everyone's reality is unique and their own. Fair enough, but if you are going to apply that one - you have to realise that *my* reality is not defined by anything other than my internal sources - ie whats real for you isnt what is real for me, unless I accept it as such. Your reality doesnt automatically pervade everyone elses...unless I've stuffed up which theory of reality you are using...Please demonstrate why the existence of a group of ppl out there who believe something makes it 'real' for me. in any sense of the word. Perhaps real 'to them' - but not to me (or anyone else that isnt a member of that community).People have died because they believed they could live on air with no food or water. They died because their belief was *wrong* or *misplaced*. You seem to be saying that someone believing something makes it real. I disagree.Josh

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Hey Josh,Auras have been photographed (have you seen any of these pictures?) and seem to change colour based on the mood/physical state (ie tired, happy etc). I suppose you could surmise that as we are electro-magnetic beings (nervous system etc) that there would be a 'field' of sorts that the body projects.I know everyone has experienced at one point or another meeting a person that gives you the creeps. Like meeting someone who makes you feel positive and drawn to them. I reckon this is the aura in action. People give off a vibe and the idea of there being an aura certainly gives a good explanation for this. As an aside example of this a friend of mine had been through a psychotic episode. When I saw him around this time, standing next to him was almost unbearable. It felt like he was pushing against me whilst he was just standing there.I see the point you were trying to make (ie other peoples perceptions impacting yours) BUT someone elses beliefs give an opportunity to reevaluate your own. Either it feels right or doesn't. I agree that because someone believes that you can walk through walls doesn't mean you can BUT we take a lot of info as fact based purely on someone elses belief. For example we 'knew' that the rate the universe was expanding because that's what scientists believed. We then get the data that it is indeed accelerating. So, as you can see, this is an example of others beliefs that have been commonly accepted as "reality".Personally I try not to just 'buy' others beliefs as it can sometimes be bullshit (see the recent Nostrodamas posts) BUT on the other hand other's beliefs are a way of discovering and experiencing enlightenment.

eyemonkeymember
22 posts

Posted:
Mabye auras do exist but i don't believe it. And having goofy hippy types talking in a dodgy way about them doesn't actually reaffirm my beliefs. Sorry.But who am I to talk when i believe that chi is real, an idea which some may scoff at. It could even be the same thng. I dunno. confused------------------peace out,EyEMonKeY

peace out,EyEMonKeY

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
auras are the energy which surrounds us all and all things...this energy includes everything from emotions to life...each thing has a different colour/feeling...eg...when u walk into a room...with 2 people that just had a major arguement...and they are still pissed at each other, but you didnt witness this arguement...can u feel the tension....kinda know theres something up...well this is their auras going apeshit with their emotionswhen u go somewhere(anywhere) and you say this place has a nice atmosphere thats you picking up on the auras of everything around you or if you dont like it..when you meet someone for the first time do you feel you like them or dislike them straight away...this is you picking up on their feelings/emotions/auras...each emotion/feeling...has a different colour...and auras are made up of many colours...wether they are physical, or mental emotions...hope this is enough...if not email me...goafire@hotmail.com*smiles n huggles*goafirejust because you cant see something does it mean that it doesnt exist...do you believe in oxygen...you cant see it...yet you know its there...its just like baby pigeons...you dont ever see them...but they are there...hehe[This message has been edited by GoaFire (edited 19 September 2001).]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Bezerker,I never said I didnt believe in Auras. I said that xiochdance's 'proof' was faulty.If they had supplied links to photos or even discussed it in a rational manner, I would have agreed (or not said anything). But that stuff about 'someone anyone out there believes it so its real for everyone' just doesnt make sense (to me). This might be because I dont share the same theory of reality - which is why I asked for clarification on that point. smileyay!Josh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
and Goafire - You've heard of Body language? I'd suggest that that is an option which could explain why you can feel the tension...There is a myriad of sub conscious cues which exist in any person to person interaction. But then again, perhaps picking up on the Aura is one of them?Josh

Xochidancemember
18 posts

Posted:
Josh, It is nice to get feedback on some of my comments, although I do need to point out that one thing you said on one of the posts, which you put in quotes, which I never said in my original post.''someone anyone out there believes it so its real for everyone' I even had to go back to my post to read it again and make sure I didnt say that. I checked and might have missed it, but dont believe I did. Let me check again. No... I didnt. Having gotten that out of the way, well, that just sums up your whole rebuttal I think. Let me further explain then, because it seems you didnt agree with my prior words. I know something. In my mind it has been proven. I take this knowledge to the world, and not one other person in the world agrees with me. Does that make my knowledge any less real or proven than theirs, just because a billion people dont see things the way I do? No. My proof is completely valid to me. It is not valid to them. Are they wrong? No, they are not. Each of them has their right to have their point of view to have their opinion. We are all born and raised with a cultural environment unique to us. So... auras DO exist. Whether this have been proven to you or not, doesnt concern me. If auras are meant to be proven to you, they will. If not, they wont. So... everything is proven, and everything is not. Meaning there is no uniformly accepted 'reality'. So... 'reality check', I didnt check your reality. Im hoping that you only misinterpreted what I meant in my post, because the way you took it... I was speaking more from an omniscient point of view, stepping outside myself. Look at it as an alien would coming down to this planet where people kill eachother because they believe different things. Besides all this, I like your style of dancing. My only problem with it was there was not enough footage. Also, if Im still not making sense on this, I could be trapped in some sick 'reality' and need a slap in the face to wake up to a more sane 'reality'. take care

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hehe - cool - ok - I think we are both using the same defnition of reality.I thought you meant, that because something is proven to someone (and yeah - I totally agree - if you accept something as the truth - its proven to you) its *proven* and this should give rise to others accepting it as such.Thats what I thought you meant - ie the existance of a community of ppl who believe in something means the rest of us should accept that proof.The way you explained it this time round makes much more sense to me. That all things exist boh proven and unproven is a nice logical progession from all things are only proven when you accept them as such.I believe in Auras as defined by Beserker.And thankyou for your compliment. That means a lot to me.We entered our video late (bloody Aussies wink) and as such we only got the very end of the tape. I feel lucky to have got what I did. I'm hanging out for the next compilation, although I wont be on it. Perhaps the one after that. Josh

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
I read somewhere that the reason children tend to draw people with odd colours for representing them is because they see their aura and that's what they're drawing. Just an interesting tidbit.m:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
How to see your own aura:Sit in a dimly lit room (candle light is ideal) with a white or cream wall in front of you. Pace your hands palm to palm. Gently rub both hands together for a few seconds, rotate one hand 180 degrees so that your hands are still palm to palm, with one hand's fingers just touching the other hands wrist. Then gently slide your hands apart in opposite directions, one to the left and one to the right until there is a gap of abut an inch between your middle fingers. [This process serves to maximise the energy between your hands so you can see your aura]Now look at the gap between your hands, against the cream wall and hopefuly you may be able to make out a continuation of vision in the plane of your hands, in the gap between them. Different people interpret what they see in different ways, so here are a few ways i've heard to describe what can be seen: It may look like a black haze, a yellow haze, an area out of focus or in focus. It may appear like columns of "energy" flowing between your fingers, or as if you've had glue on the ends of your fingers, and you've pulled them apart. If you can "see" something with your hands in this flat position, try rotating your hands 45 degrees in opposite directions, a see the flows of energy "bend" and "follow" the movement of your hands.If these instructions are totaly incomprehensable, e-mail me at wonderjames@hotmail.com and i'll try to draw some diagrams for you

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Or we could just go the Decartes route and say that nothing can be proven except for the fact that we, or rather I, exist...And I'd be very interested in seeing those pictures of auras.And, so far, I agree with the person who was talking about body language... I was just about to say something very similar myself.Xochidance's "proof" merely concludes that 1) he believes in Auras, and 2) that there is no reason that I should believe him just because that's what he thinks. Although by his philosophy he doesn't care, of course.And the thing with the candle and the cream wall is somewhat dubious in my opinion... I tried it and the images in between my hands seemed to be after-images of my fleshtone against the pale background.------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

Xochidancemember
18 posts

Posted:
ack.... I didna say I didna care, just that it didna concern me... I care, but there is so little time and so little energy to devote attention everywhere all at once. but back on topic, yeah, I believe in auras! wink

Draco Dominusmember
14 posts

Posted:
I dont think any of us actually have a physical body. feel free to insult my personal theory on life as much as you wish, im sure youll find faults in it, but like {josh} and Xochidance were saying, I believe it so it is true. I also believe in Dragons. You may all think i am insane, but my theory on life is completely unshakeable. This may seem irrelevant so let me explane.An Aura is an area around an object or person which can be sensed by another person.(I think) so my theory on life contradicts the fact that an aura can suround a non existant body. However, I know we exist therefore i sumse that the Aura may, in fact, be our minds interpritation of our thoughts. For if a mind without body exists as pure thought, then these thoughts must be represented to other minds in a non physical way ie Auras.------------------Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.[This message has been edited by Draco Dominus (edited 19 September 2001).]

Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Er... what?

Draco Dominusmember
14 posts

Posted:
Dont matter.------------------Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
As a firm believer in "lower case t truth" rather than "upper case T Truth" I hear what you're saying Josh. Everyone, including myself, will see (or not see) whatever they believe. Whether its a shadow between your fingers, a face on mars or in the smoke of the WTC, in what a prophet or forseer said, or in Adam's tortilla. Since my "truth" does not allow me to see such things, I cannot, just as you can. Guess what, we're both wrong, or right? "Right and Wrong"... Just more vague terms assigned to concepts which help explain our existance.I could also explain how candle light diffraction works but I think that it would that just kill the buzz...Note to self: Don't post after dropping NyQuil. Sniff, sniff, cough, cough. G'nite kids...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]