tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Hello all...

I'm going over to Perth in early December, and was wondering if anything happens there with any sort of regularity? Failing that, does anyone who lives there want to get together for a few drinks, some poi, etc...?

Dont be annoyed if i dont reply to this with any degree of speed, i can only get on the net every couple of weeks or so.

Thanks
Ryan

Don't worry, be happy...

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Glad to see I didn't offend anyone by not replying swiftly...

Don't worry, be happy...

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Well I'm not talking to you because you were too slow

Ohh where in Perth are you staying??? It's a beautiful place

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:

hey! someone else in africa! holy cow!!!

I'm going to be in Zimbabwe in early January, but only over by victoria falls, so I suppose it would be impossible for us (I will be travelling with fellow HoPper Spritie) to meet up with you even if you are back from perth by then.(?)

I've found the best way to contact people when you are doing the trip thing is to email people from the "community > meet others > search" thing-a-magigy that you can find at the top of this page (or pretty much any other on HoP). Do a search on Perth and then contact people through their email. People seem to respond much better this way in my experience.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Thanks Vanize, will give that a go, fingers crossed...

i'm getting back to zim on about the 2nd, from Scarborogh in perth, then depending on work, or hopefully a lack of work, might be able to get up to the falls for a bit in Jan sometime. when are you going to be there?

Don't worry, be happy...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Only just seen your post.
There are two regular meets on a Tuesday and Monday. Also a full moon thing.
Try here
https://www.geocities.com/pwsowden/

and see if that works.

This gives details of maps and times. Have so far only made it to the South Beach one (and only once) which is run by Paul...nice chap...heaps of energy.

Or look in the Perth search as suggested and try Msquared, he runs the full moon stuff I think.

Feel free to drop me a line when you arrive as long as you like the chaos that surrounds three children. My poi is high enjoyment less skill.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Cool, thanks Gnor.

Had a look at those websites, looking good for a change. Being nearly the only person in Zim who does poi is a bit frustrating, so looking forward to it...

PM your number to me if you want to, and I'll give you a ring when I get there.

Don't worry, be happy...

Fitriamember
97 posts

Posted:
Hi tadpole,

I am one of the regulars that go to the Monday night fire twirl at South Beach. We generally start to turn up at South Beach around 9pm around the kiosk area.

Anyone is more than welcome to come down and join in. We make everyone feel welcome.

Please come down when you get here and see us. We would love to have an added person to our fire twirling group.

Never know we might all learn some new moves from each other! hehe.

Ciao!