Page:
BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know of any events or gatherings that may be coming up in Cornwall?
It would be great to meet some like-minded people and (try to) further my ability!!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
say 7pm?

lux, do u no laura o'brien or ben lodge?

dey are my 2 mates down there, known them 4 years

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
We'll be there at around 10.30 as eating at nearby resteraunt beforehand hope this isnt too late. (providing that is they let us in with a massive can of kerosene ... could be there at 7... ; ))

I know a few laura's and a few bens but no surnames :/ its a small lil place tho...

looking forward to it!

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
*bump*

7pm sounds good to me! (if I can find the right beach!!!)

If anyone spots someone spinning on the wrong beach, come over, give me a slap, and point me in the right direction!!

Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
Is anyone gonna dress up? it is gonna be halloween an all

i might bring a pumpkin

I only wanted to be 16... and free

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
I could be tempted to wear a silly mask!

I'll avoid floaty clothes though - given how my week is going so far, i'd only end up in Treliske for the night!!

LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
just to clear this up for me... swanpool is the beach thats got the three mackerals on it right? (as in the resteraunt)and bring a pumpking sounds like a great plan but im not dressing up its too cold and i'd be too flamable i'd wear wings but ive been attemtping the odd btb move and that would be bad...

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
HAHAHA The rain held off!!!! YES RESULT!!

A good night was had (despite the destruction of my fire poi and Beth's Beamers!! - sorry!)

on a side note,

HA, beamers are no match for me!!!

indestructable they said, not for me it seems!

anyway, off topic slightly and not what I was going to post, but never mind!!

what I was going to say was:

I am glad people turned up ( I was beginning to wonder by about half seven!!) and hope that everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I did.

And DykeBoy, nice to meet you and put a face and style to the name!! and if you see this before you get to London say Hi to everyone at Clapham for us Cornish who can't afford to get there!!

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
wow guys that was a truely cool night out on swanpool, and it was so good that the rain held off and that i can finally put faces to YOUR names! when rosa gets the photos developed, ill whack them up here.

thanks for making that night so great!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
I know its a bit organised and early to be posting this now, but does anyone have any plans or ideas for Christmas or new year in this part of the world??

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I'm proposing some kind of get together for anyone in St Ives on New years eve on a different thread. But i'm up for meeting up with anyone whenever pretty much.
Just a note for a poiers/jugglers/circusy people/wannabies in and around Penzance. There is a club called the hell raisers that takes place on wednesday nights from 7-9:30 in Penzance that i have been to a couple of times and it's alright. So if you wanted a warm room with a few other like minded people to share ideas and things with, then it's there.
Erm....and i want to suggest we all have a get together quite soon aswell anyway, if you guys are up fo it i can try and sort out somewhere for a cornish sunset, bonfire and music. smile

peaceTennis peace

My cat's breath smells like catfood

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Ive heard from a lot of people who live in St Ives that its all being 'closed off' somehow at New Years coz of the amount of people that go there, aparently they only want st ives people to be there eek

Not sure how true it is but i have heard it from more than 5 people frown

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I'm pretty sure that was brought up this summer in the local newspaper cos all the pubs were annoyed trying to keep alcohol off the streets and stuff but i still think it's on.

My cat's breath smells like catfood

Page: