yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Has anyone been playing around with their staff or poi in an open space and trying not to get people attention and then suddenly someone comes and gets closer to you and you say that it's dangerous and they are still there???Well.. I was playing poi in an empty parking and my friends were there, then two kids came around and I told them, hey get outta here 'cause It might hit you, and they just smiled... and i repeated that the second time.. then I got angry and I violently did "the fast & furious" and trying to hit them and they just learned the lesson... ahh well...

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I had the same problem when I went to a public beach up in cleveland. Like 6 black kids came up and kept getting way to close. After several attempts to get them to back off failed I just packed up and moved on. Sometimes ppl don't have a clue just how much a flaming poi to the head can hurt. That's where it's your responiblity to move on or stop if you can't keep the space you need. Please man for gods sakes don't try and scare them off! You could have ruined it for all of us if you did hit them.. I can see it now, Assult with a flaming weapon all over the news! From then on everyone who saw someone throwing fire around would think that person's trying to attack someone!Sorry to come down on you so hard. But I have enough problems with cops as it is, without them thinking what I'm doing is combat practice.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Ooops sorryI was playing with glowsticks poi..

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Oh hehe well in that case have at the little bastards till they learn. grin Then hit them some more for fun, Crazy Poi dude on the loose!

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
Somehow I'm getting the feeling I'm Very glad my backyard is fenced off

Rhiannamember
12 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine was busking and at the time she was juggling her machetes... of course there were a group of high school aged boys showing each other how tough they were by getting smart to her. My friends solution was to appeal to the 'leaders' sense of not wanting to be 'shown up' and goaded him into agreeing to lie down below where she was juggling.... but just before he was to do that she purposly dropped a machete in such a way that it hit the group point down. Those boys went away after that lol

Rhiannamember
12 posts

Posted:
Oops is is meant to say ground point down not group point down... hmmm that made her look sadistic...