BlazeBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
Anyone in Halifax who wants to come watch Cerberus and I spin fire should totally contact me, or if you wanna spin with us, the more the merrier! We are doing it tonight! Come on out all of you Haligonians!

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

Me Like fire... hehe... he he... -, Me at the annual Busker Festival Downtown

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I tried to do a gathering a little less then a couple of months ago for anyone in nova scotia, but not a single person showed up.

BlazeBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
Oh that sucks! Well, Halifax is the capital so... easiest place huh? anybody? You wanna Astar?

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Im moving into halifax sometime, not sure when. Trying to find an apartment and job. I will definatly be up for some poi spinning once I get settled.

PS- Do you know of any good job opportunities/apartments? If you do email or PM me.

DTKBmember
54 posts

Posted:
HI!!!

Astar.. you may remember we tried to hook up in the summer.. but unfortunately I wasn't here long enough..

Anyways.. due to a serious family emergency, I am now in Halifax. Seems I might be here for a while and it's been 2 weeks since I spun my poi... ((((

I don't even HAVE them with me I had to come in such a hurry.

Anyways, that's not what this is about..

I would LOVE to meet some poi spinners and get things off my mind.. so please, let me know when and where you guys would like to meet, and maybe you could lend me a pair of poi?

Send me an message here or email.

Cheers,
Katie

DTKB

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breath away.

BlazeBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
YOI! I had so much fun tonight downtown halifax spinning with you Katie, you are AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to meet up with you on Tuesday!! It'll be great! I hope you are up for a bit of teaching! I'd love to learn some of your moves, you rule!

Keep Spinning, Blaze AKA Jade Dragonfly AKA Lici... ^^

Bobo DCLmember
141 posts

Posted:
Ahoy!

Hmmm, yeah, you told me to post our names... so, Lici, who posted before me *Shakes fist at Lici*... Then there's Leslie... The... uh, really fast spinner, compared to you and Lici. And then me. The new and not yet burning spinner, Lindsay.

So, yeah, Tuesday. I really hope I don't have anything... I should probably go check that... I might have registration for scouts... but then again, it might be on Wednesday.... Hmmmm....

Anywho, I hope to meet you again, Katie, that was SO much fun, even not spinning as much as all the others. And I'm comin down, I'm definately bringing my staffs with me, so we can chuck them around at eachother... Er, I mean, spin them... ^__^'

I like orange.And don't take my cookies.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
There seems to be alot of people in halifax who are spinning lately, i was thinking of starting a forum/website for Halifax Poi where we could all discuss/post info on Poi related things in halifax, and have a list of all spinners... while ofcorse staying true to HOP. What do you guys think? I can get a domain and some hosting no problem, www.halifaxpoi.com perhaps, or maybe generalize it to something a little more broad that includes all the busker arts. Think i could get this off the ground?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

DTKBmember
54 posts

Posted:
Whoot.... hey chickies!

Wow... just logged on and all these wicked messages!!

Yeah, so I already told Blaze, but I'm in Ottawa now, just for the weekend. Will be back Sunday night in Fax and bringing my fire chains, and other glow toys.

I'd be more than happy to teach you guys new tricks!! you guys are already pretty smashing though I must say.. but that's the cool thing about poi community, it's all about teaching and sharing. That way we all spin together and help each other get better. That's the way it is in England anyhow and I think Canadians are naturally like that.

what am I on about.. okay, well i'll be back on Sunday night, and could meet up same spot on monday or tuesday evening. let me know when is good for you.

And oh Bobo, bring on da staffs cause I got a few tricks on those too!! and well, I'm sure you can show me some good stuff and it's fun.

See you peeps later!!

As for the HOP for Fax, I'd say it's not quite big enough yet, and HOP does a pretty good job. Maybe in some time though.

KB

DTKB

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breath away.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Well i was just thinking of having it so we would be able to contact all the spinners in halifax. But i suppose its not nessesary right now.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

Alumitymember
30 posts

Posted:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Katie you rock!

there'll be no angels

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Let me know next time your busking, or gimmie a call. pm me if you want my number.

BlazeBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
KATIE!!! Leslie and I can't come down after all tonight, cause I'm dead sick and my finger still hurts *cries* So, unfortunately we can't come!