Page:
Gabriellemember
23 posts

Posted:
Hi there

I'm psyching myself up for the infamous Burningman. Any tips for first timers???? Anyone going from the San Diego/ LA area???

That_GuySILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
no its not:(... iv'e been trying for weeks and no one replies to any messages.

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
I'm not going this year -- only the second one I've missed since I started going in 2000... but I did find out today that the Shiva Vista stage is back (and apparently Cody's too humble to mention it).

https://shivavista.controlledburnreno.com/

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah... might as well share some ideas for gifts to bring:

1) earplugs. You can buy a tub of 50 at Walgreens or any drug store, and people always forget to bring them.

2) plastic sheets. I buy a roll of plastic sheets (10 sheets of 10 ft x 10 ft, from the painting department at Wal-Mart). Use one to cover your bed when you're away from your tent, give the other 9 away for others to do the same. It's amazing how much dust builds up while you're away, and you can just peel it all back for a nice non-dusty bed!

windsurf7SILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Hello all from Elko NV! I will be there starting Wed thru Sat and plan on spending lots of time spinning both poi and flags....just looking for the crazy guy spinning around all over the playa - oh wait - that doesnt narrow it down much! I'll be the one all tangled up in the flags and cords!
EDITED_BY: windsurf7 (1217269827)

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone! We are SOOO close!!!

We just got our address, I will be camped in C.I.N. at 2 o'clock and Corvair.

C.I.N. is a bunch of fire spinners from AZ and I dont know much about sound and speakers...but i hear our set up is going to be NICE.....i THINK our stage will be surrounded by speakers...so when you light up you can really get into it....try and come out to visit us smile

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Lol Orbit, I tend to go on and on about what we are up to so I try to be low key. :P The Shiva Vista has been upgraded with a new liquid fuel shooter and it's own sound (I think) I did see the schedule of events and that place will be rockin 24/7.

I have had to take a bit of a break from fire etc due to getting old and breaking my back. I am not as up on things as I used to be, but I look forward to hanging out with all my playa friends. smile

Justin has totally rased the bar and carried the Controlled Burn reputation of BIG FIRE. The man is simply crazy. Oh and he is from Elko Nevada too windsurf7 maybee you know him. If you wind up in Reno, Controlled Burn is a great family and community.

My wife got to Gerlach yesterday to start building the city. I head out the 15th to help and maybee the weekend of the 8th to help with fence. Living in Reno has it's perks. smile

Cody

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

PunkyPlastikSILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
hiiii!!!
well well, after seven years living in usa im goin to the burning man!!! yeeesss im so exited and i dont know what to do, im goin w my friend so, just two, and i want to know if i can meet u guys there just to have somebody to be with
please, if u can help me w this one!!! im soo happyyyy
well ill try to meet others here before !
email me back pls!

if you do not have anything good to say, silence is better smile

PunkyPlastikSILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
Doc Lightning
Mojojo
Poje
Mand
Spitfire
fire.chef
Cody
Geo
Dexta
Goose
DRiBL
Circus Midget
Littlewing
khan
PunkyPlastik

yesssss im goin!!!!!

if you do not have anything good to say, silence is better smile

NifeliumGOLD Member
journeyman
52 posts

Posted:
The things i would do to go to Burning man.

im saving already for 2009.

i rekon water would be the most serious issue.

i over heat easily.

LEAK SPIN

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
I think the most serious issue would be paying attention. Water is definately a key issue but when your dropped into a fantacy land it's easy to forget to eat, sleep etc. One of the descriptions of the event is radical self reliance meaning part of the event is thinking for yourself in an extreme camping environment with millions of distractions. Take care of yourself first and you will have an amazing time. smile Oh and read your ticket, you are taking your life into your hands. It is still the real world and you have to watch out for yourself. Even though there are allot of precautions, acidents always happen and the only one you can blame is yourself. Take fire spinners for example. Welcome to culture shock! All the most standard reutiene safety practices may or may not be present unless you bring it, ask for it, and enforce it.

And don't spin in damn synthetic skirts and nothing else, it's really hard to put you out. smile

Keep your head on your shoulders and you'll do just fine. smile

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Anyone (getting) out there, willing to take and spread some of the Flyers for the Indian Juggling Convention in January 2009?

Please send me a PM smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

wendyv34GOLD Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
I'll be at Burning Man, for my 8th year. Unfortunately, I got hit by a car recently and I'm not sure I'll be able to walk, let alone spin at BRC. It breaks my heart to think of missing the Fire Conclave. I'm hoping for a miracle.

My advice: In addition to all the good stuff peeps have suggested, bring at least 3 tubes of chap stick (or your fave lip balm). You will lose at least one of them and it sucks to have your lips dry up like an old shoe.... especially if you meet a lovely someone you'd like to kiss.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
4 days left of work.....6 days until I'm on the road!!!

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Doc Lightning
Mojojo
Poje
Mand
Spitfire
fire.chef
Cody
Geo
Dexta
Goose
DRiBL
Circus Midget
Littlewing
khan
PunkyPlastik
MikeMothafukkinIcon

I fly out on Sunday... I'll be the dude with half red half black hair. See yazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz~~~~~~~~!!!!!!

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, but the way.. see you all there tongue

Doc Lightning
Mojojo
Poje
Mand
Spitfire
fire.chef
Cody
Geo
Dexta
Goose
DRiBL
Circus Midget
Littlewing
khan
PunkyPlastik
MikeMothafukkinIcon
pineapple petey

come find me mike.. im not in the US for long

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Leaving in 5 hours!
(hopefully- if everthing fits in the car!)

See ya in the dust.
smile

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Flight takes off in ~15 hours... Ill be camping with "...and then there's only love" at 9:00 & Esplanade. With any luck, I won't completely forget and/or sleep through the HoP meet.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
*Envies* redface

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I dropped the ball....i think i was at the staff building workshop....i think that was wednesday...i got there late and ended up just helping teach some staff..it was fun...i was doing it for a couple hours..

Burning Man is awesome....did any one else spin for fire idol?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Page: