fairy girlmember
14 posts

Posted:
Just wondering if anyone is going to be at Leeds festival next weekend? I'm thinking probably not cos the place to be is Reading!! Unfortunately my mates got me tix for Leeds, so I will be far far away there while the rest of you are having fun and spinning in Reading!
Ah well, should be a laugh anyways, and if anyone is going please let me know cos it would be great to meet up. Shame about the no fire rules, what a bummer, I guess my regular poi will have to do, I will be thinking of my fire poi sitting at home all on their own lol!!
fairy girl

dont dream it.....be it!

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
im goin for the day on sunday
do the no fire rules apply to fire poi and campsite fires?

a festival without fire is lame.
i'll probably spend most of the day loitering around the concrete jungle stage, apart from going to see The Darkness on the main stage.
If i see anyone spinning i will watch, and probably get jealous at their superior skills.

[ 20. August 2003, 07:30: Message edited by: mrFlibble ]

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
MEEEE! All weekend... but I dont know Bramham park....

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Just look out for fire... I am takin paraffin... planty of it 2

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
have you seen the map of the site on www.leedsfestival.com
gives u the basic layout.

fairy girlmember
14 posts

Posted:
YAY!! So glad to see some replies here, was starting to think maybe I was the only person in the *whole world* going to Leeds festival tehe!!
Anywhoo, I'll make sure to come say hi to anyone with fire! You got any idea where u r camping yet? I've never been to Leeds b4, so got no idea what it's going to be like.
Anywhoo, have a great time and maybe see ya down there,
fairy girl, aka Dani

dont dream it.....be it!

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i will keep an eye out for people spinning during sunday and will probably come watch for a bit if i c anyone

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
news from the leeds festival: the barriers collapsed during system of a down on friday and 20 people were injured, but as far as i know no serious injuries.

source: https://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/1.0/-/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/3175183.stm

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
Leeds was good on sunday.
at the end walking back to the car i saw some people spinning fire in the distance, accross the campsite but didn't hang around to watch.

How was everyone elses festival like?

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I had a tiny spin with a guy from hull, he was a staffer but then the paraffin was confisctated. It ruined our celebratory Sunday effort. They still allow bbq's tho... hypocrits. Anyways I was squished for System, but I enjoyed the music. I saw AFI, Pennywise, Audio Bullies, Alien Ant Farm, Placebo, Metallica of course... and some others.... I also went on stupid rides and maintained a reasonable amount of alcohol in my bloodstrem. lol

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
cool. i was watching pennywise too. i stayed for lagwagon.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I was gutted that me old fave Capdown didnt play this year. ARG!