Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > SHEFFIELD people needed for Techno / trance nite

Login/Join to Participate

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Mate of mine is starting a nite up in Sheff.. He's asked me if anyone would like to perform, (pio staff, jugglin etc)indoors and out

I've said I can do it, but only if my blokie spins some tunes - not worth me going otherwise..

Not sure where or when or if any pay is involved - probably free drinks and noteriaty - but in the next month or so.. anyone intersted - please post here or PM me..

Cheers and ta
Fluff n stuff
Niki

[ 15. August 2003, 22:07: Message edited by: MisStix* ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

ECCOmember
30 posts

Posted:
That would be sweet.

I know at least two or three of the ex-ECCO lot who would love to do something like that. I definetly want to get involved, it sounds like a dream come true!

If you could mail me on cur10sity@hotmail.com, as I don't regularly check this site or the ECCO mail folder.

Thanx a lot

Matt

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
oooh? DnB and trance night It'll be a nice change to have a new night in Sheff, any idea where?

Drop me an e-mail and let me know when it is and if i'm not working somewhere I don't mind coming down and having a play

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
send me info! i will be back in sheffield by then.

same goes for me, if i am not working elsewhere.

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
sounds yummy with good company!!. . can i come play??

could u possibly let me no when it will be (stupid question i know, my bad) just coz i no know if i will be in sheffield (have to trepse back to london for a bit then back up) but would love to do this!

lolli x x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
All my mate Nick (me and him came to the PIP when I crashed me car) has told me is that it'll be sometime next month - and then regularlly after that depending on the success.. he's posted some info on the 'overload forum' but god knows where that is.. not had time to check it out...

Ta for the interest - WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED AS SOON AS I KNOW 'OWT

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Message from the promoters

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prominent new night opening in Sheffield within the next two months, promoters require local DJ's

We are trying to promote the other forms of Techno that are out there. We believe there isn't enough alternative Techno provided in the area, therefore we want to make it more accessible to people. We aim to do this by progressing the night using different genres of this music - start off slow and ambient then move to the funkier/progressive side of things then lead onto the darker, dirtier and rougher side to climax

If you are interested please send us a description of the DJ's and / or a
demo(s) on a CD, MD, or Tape to the address below and we will get back to you.

N & N Promotions
53B Malinda Street
Sheffield
S3 7EH

Nathan & Nick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More info when I get it
Niki

[ 15. August 2003, 22:33: Message edited by: MisStix* ]

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hmmm i am deffo interested in that and may have a few DJ firends who may be able to help you out!

ok....can i steal some info on the night and i will come and spin and steal some tricks hopfully!??

please?!

later days

at last a new night in sheff! i was starting to think it would never happen!

Step (el-nombrie)

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
mmm... changed to techno/trance, even better!

pablitomember
6 posts

Posted:
sheffield not too far from me, cant make september but take every opportunity to spin so will be there for the next one. indoors or out doesnt bother me. need details of where and when.

pablito_tours can not be held responsible for any loss or damage to neurons.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Ok.. if you guys are wanting to send stuff up.. can you PM me first? So I can let my mate know it's coming... just so he knows it's a Hopper.. we get special treatment..

cRYstalWavemember
40 posts
Location: from the fiery heart of the british isles.(that be...

Posted:
ooh...exciting...actually might get to meet fellow spinners in my area....!!!!.....i'd be well up for it....i cant say that i'm the best in the world...(that would be boastful anyway) but i deff' feel the vibes and just love groovin when spinning...an interesting watch i reckon!!![one crazy lady here]........just give me dates n stuff n i'll be there.....outside would be cool.....i like fresh air......n also all me mates are dj's...yes all of 'em so i'll spread the word!!.x.........Be in touch Hunny >x<

...........The most inspiring thing that anyone has ever said to me was........Life is nothing without dreams..... or was it life's too short to eat pistachio's????

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
MisStix,

I would love an excuse to play the techno end of drum & bass some of my mates can't seem to handle the filth...

Please could you ask if they would be interested, or if it is just for techno with its beats intact?

cheers,
Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
*bump*

wicked ammount of replies - thanks guys..

Jo - if you can get a sample of the type of tunes.. my mate is up for a wide variety of sounds - getting progessivly dirtier as the night gets darker so send it if you can.. this is gonna be phat! grr - I can feel the dirt already! RRAAarh!