Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Fantastic Italian Opportunity..Intersted??

Login/Join to Participate

Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
I am not sure if this is the right forum so if it is not I will be happy to be moved to the correct one...

I have been asked to teach Fire Classes at an amazing association in Italy!! And A part of my job is to create a weeklong workshop where we invite Fire Manipulators from around the globe to come and teach for a week and attendees learn fire and tour the coolest parts of Florence and the surrounding areas....

Everyone chosen to teach will get a free round trip ticket to Italy, Room & Board, Tickets to Attractions and a 500 stipend.. You are also welcome to bring a companion who will need to cover their own tickets and meals and tickets but will not have to pay for the workshop and will have lodging as well...So far it is looking good and the first one will happen in Spring 2004 and continue one week outta every month maybe more if the response is good...

So this is where you come in...I am looking for stellar teachers!!! From all over the world..You or maybe someone you know...

What I am asking for is a sample of your work on cd-rom, references from people you have taught, an artists resume and maybe a small essay on why you should come and set florence on fire... I am particularly keen on people who do thing out of the ordinary but will consider everyone. The most important thing is that you can teach so references from students are key. The Italians connected with this are such amazing people!! This will be an experience of a lifetime for you!!

I will still be in the states for another three or four months so You can send the video and stuff to me..PLease e-mail me for my mailing address. If you want to learn more about the association go to www.poidpois.com..I warn ya it is in italian but you can use www.freetranslation.com to figure it out...

my e-mail is ignisdevoco@hotmail.com

e-mail me if you have any questions!!

XOXO

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey lady I am still interested, and sent you an email or a few about this. Hmmm...methinks yahoo is cheating me.

Anyway, what if we do not have the ability to put our stuff on cd rom? Is there some form of allotment for this?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Im keen as alway's wanted to go to italy I'll start organiseing something to send over to you . Oh i'll tell arsn and valura to im sure they'll love the idea .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Not sure what the site is about (I gathered poi, yoga, and shiatsu), but that's a pretty snazzy website...

Nomad

Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
I can accept DVD as well....I don't have a vcr so video tapes will not work...

Donia

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
surely you know of someone who owns one?

Some people only have their stuff on VHS, coz we are old and crusty...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
if youse have mates with DV cameras, many models have AV input capability, which sucks video streams from VCR to the vid camera itself.

from that stage, it's only a matter of downloading the original video on DV tape footage to a PC/MAC with a burner.

Italy is yummy.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I do, and can, for myself, but there's likely some very talented old crusties who can't

Surely, in the interests of getting the right people to teach, it would be easier for the viewer to borrow a VCR?

Otherwise she could be restricting herself to tech-savvies orly...

Just a thought, anyway.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
OK OK ...I will take the VHs tapes..no prob..your ight I can borrow a Vcr..

XOXO
Donia

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
I am well up for this one Donia.

PELE: drop me an email chuck! need to talk.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
Hello... sounds like fun, i will send my info after i return from burning man. (thanks for the heads up Pele.)

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yup. me too. i sspeak italian as well iof that is any help...

øøøh. just føund i åm øn scåndinæviån cømputer... whåt fun

will send a vid (and cv?)when i get back

rob

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
Greetings,

I wanted to give yall some more info about this. I just spent a month there and so I have some more up to date information....

Inhopes of keeping the price of the workshop down for participants...we can only cover the cost of your travle, food, lodging, tickets to atractions,,we can't offer a stipend...so if you are still intersted let me know..i will accept video tapes...but absolutley need the reference from people you have taught.. The first one is expected to happen the third week in february and us being able to bring in a guest teacher will be based on number of attendees..we need 13 to come to offer a guest teaching position for the workshop...

anyway if you want mmore details please feel free to contact me..I will be posting more info in the next month or so about the actual workshop//

XOXO

Donia

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
italy huh. that is right around the time that i graduate. i have taught countless people. i will hit you up for sure...

anyone got a light?

markeesparkmember
62 posts

Posted:
Sounds cool bro.
I guess Ill be the New Zealand rep other than charles who wont be going anywhere.(nice alien on c4 charles that was the shit congrats!!!!)
Ive been teaching fire for 6 years now,4 years as a part of my job and now its a large part of my own buisness.I teach fire staff,fire poi,fire devilsticks,fire juggling,fire diabolo and few other fire skills but Ill submit properly by Email soon.cheers bro!

Markeespark Sparkeemark & me