HeadSwimGOLD Member
...curiously lost
580 posts

Posted:
Hi all,
I'm new to the board but i thaught i would let people know about our regular Poi meets so anyone who wants can come join us! There aint many of us at the mo (cause Stoke-On-Trent is void of poisters!)but all are welcome. Anyway the meets are every Wednesday from 8p.m. - 10.30ish and every Sunday from 5p.m. - 10.30ish.
The venue is Hanley central forest park and is located about 2 mins drive from Hanley centre! There are all the usual park type things...lake,hills and trees aswell as a nice big flat field to practice in. On the Sunday we usually go to the top of the hill for a great view of the whole city as we spin the fire! If anyone is interested in coming along to swell our ranks drop me an e-mail and i can give directions etc.

Nothing is easy.......until you can do it! biggrin

hamiltonmatressmember
9 posts

Posted:
Hey! I'm a stoke on trent poister, and even have some fire twirlin friends too! Wednesdays are reserved for juggling club and old brown jug but will try and make it one sunday; if we wandered up bout 8 might we find you?? this sunday we're busy drumming at Sunday in the Park (t'other one if you want to come down...

HeadSwimGOLD Member
...curiously lost
580 posts

Posted:
If you wandered up on any Sunday around 8 we'll definitely be there barring torrential rain!! The only exception will be when we're on hols which will be the 10th Aug and possibly, depending on when we get back the following Sunday 17th, but I'll post on this thread to let you know whether we're back or not. The group isn't just for poi but for anything anyone wants to bring, including drums, which we take up anyway.

Which other Park do you mean? (the one opposite festival Park or the big one near the uni on the way to Stoke?) and what else goes on there? i.e. might it be an idea for us to change venues if there were other poisters there?

Hopefully see you soon!!!

Nothing is easy.......until you can do it! biggrin

hamiltonmatressmember
9 posts

Posted:
hi again , apologies for brief intermission! sunday in the park's an annual event run by 7c's, there'll be live music/sound stages, stalls, workshops and stuff goin on this sunday in the park near the uni,college road. I'll be there, though don't know who else is around; if you're about look for Planet Sound Community Arts -there's a drumming workshop beginning at 4 and performance later. (my name's actually Helen not hamilton, he being an animated drumming aardvark...)

Night CrawlerBRONZE Member
46 posts

Posted:
Bringing up an old topic but does anyone know id these are still happening? If i found this thread yesterday then i would have gone round to have a nosey.

'You can only be free when you have nothing to loose'

hannahsumember
2 posts

Posted:
So who is still doing this in Stoke :p