Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > EARTHCORE 10 year Anniversary (Victoria, Australia)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
It's a bit early to start a Topic, I know, since it's not till November, but I'm already excited!!

There was alot of fire twirling at the last Rainbow, but I don't remember there being much at the last Earthcore (this was all before I started twirlin myself..). Can I expect different for the next Earthcore? I know I'll be twirlin there...

www.earthcore.com.au

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
No there wasn't.... It was 47 degrees on the Saturday and a total fire ban at Rainbow Serpent. There was a troup that performed - but they had to have fire brigade and police etc there during it. There was a hell of a lot of glow twirling though
Firetwirling was banned at the last EC because of fire danger.... I assume this one will be the same. Bring ya glow gear

But nah, it's never too early to get excited about EC..... I can't wait. Have already booked the babysitter for the whole weekend.

3 days of doofin goodness :

So much fire, so little body hair...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
of the three avaialable sites, it looks likeliest that the doof will happen in the bush spot on the Goulbourne river, near shepparton. it is totally gorgeous out there.
We did twirl last year's Nov Earthcore, I asked Spiro for permission (I wos at the Oztrance stall, and there's a few dodgy photos in the EC gallery ) but no designated place.
We're the fools that co-ordinate with the CFA every RSF for the twirlers that aren't on the bill. They're really ok peeps, but will not do anything without constant reminders. Pyrotechnique and Psycus performed at the fire circle, although several girls also did a fire club and hula hoop act at the dusty main area.
did anyone catch the capoiera roda? also, bring your togs during RSF, cus the Beaufort swimming pool had teh SICKEST pool party ever this year as a respite from the rocord heat of RSF.

If you have not done so, buy your C ticket now, as the $80 cost now will raise every month until nov when it will be a whoppin' $120!!! true story!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
am hanging for this one

we had a sim prob last year and the year before with the sydney bush partys having to ban all fire in the summer months because of bush fires

one party we had trouble with the police trying to clame we alowed fire twirling when it was posted all obver the net and on the flyers that there was a fire ban on the party

hoping to be with the oztrance crew for both ec and rsf this years so hope to finaly meet ya bender

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

6,978 posts

Posted:
I will bring a persuadertron from the the game 'Syndicate' it makes people agree with you mindlessly. let's see them prevent our fwirliness now... :evil cackles:
Brainstorma, might i apologise early for my future incoherentness.
and if we meet midway through the party, might i apologise for the nappies - I don't always clean up after myself, dude!

Let's think up a meeting place dudeskis!
hows about the oztrance village?
oztrance are creating their own village replete with a giant 10 person poncho also with the possibility of a renegade soundsystem, and since the entire psytrance party organising scene is on oztrance, this village should be feared. do NOT bring unshaven llamas anywhere near 'em. :salivates:

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
SlightlySinged, mu humblest appologies ..... seems I missed some of the other twirling at RSF

Can't say I saw any at the last Earthcore (except lots of glow)..... but lots of details from that party are sketchy for me

The good news is that word on the Earthcore forums is that Fwirling will be allowed this year.... Yay Yay Yay

82 posts

Posted:
No worries, Zoltar. It was the circle of fire with the CFA nearby that I was talking about. I was sitting and staring for ages hehe that was my first taste of serious fire twirlin. Acid? Never touched the stuff

Already have a ticket

I haven't spun glow sticks yet.. Having too much fun with fire, being winter and all..

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Yes, fire is best

Ahhh, Earthcore tickets. I am quite fortunate here. You see Zoltress won a lifetime ticket to all Earthcore events last year
What that means is the good people at Earthcore send us two complimentary tickets to every event they put on (indoor and outdoor).

Coolest damn prize we have ever won

6,978 posts

Posted:
met a few loopy people one thw weekend who are gettin there a day or three early to set up what will be the biggest busharama doof ever!
now that's less walkin for all of us!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
finally got my ticket so hard to get one without a credit card ........ or should i say so much more effort. i soooooooo cant wait for it im so looking forward to meeting some of you lovely firey ppls

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

6,978 posts

Posted:
..remember to bring a towel!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i prefer to shake shake shake .... u get the picture

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

6,978 posts

Posted:
:pleads ignorance:

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Check this:

EARTHCORE'S latest additons to the bill includes ......

Infected Mushroom (BNE - Israel) - live

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
Mmmmmmmmmm.... sooo tempting...
Are any of you guys car-pooling? How far is it from melb. anyway?
hmmmmmm...

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

6,978 posts

Posted:
yoo! buy tickets today!
now that infected, shpongle and hallucinogen are confirmed, those intending to go should get internet tickets.
it's heeeeeps less if you prepay, cus gate tix will set u back $150AU.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
so benderson does this mean that your still coming *hopeful look*

6,978 posts

Posted:
it's up in the air mate. what's driving me nuts is that the best chance for me to have fun later is for me to do bugger all now.... caaaabin fevvvvvver

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
cant u just have a wheelchair or something? itll be great ill wheel u round n everything *nods*

6,978 posts

Posted:
hmm i was daydreaming (morning?) about a low fire routine, but even then i may need to squash some bones then - if i don't set the gauze alight! :extra eeks!:

if i don't go to this massiv party, my heart will burst! soooo many nice souls are going...

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
bump!

*rubs forehead*

I'm excited. This will be Dangerboy's last Australian doof, as my angel kindred spirit is leaving this wide brown land on December 5th

I will miss him sorely, however in true symmetrical fashion, he and I are currently working on a special performance for our friends at earthcore. fire brought dangerboy and I together, and fire will see us part (for a while, anyway).

Josh & katinca - I can't wait to see and squeeze both of yoU!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

82 posts

Posted:
Nice bump, flash - I hadn't forgotten earthcore is only a month away. Nice to know there'll be heaps of spinners there - I haven't been to an earthcore since finding an obsession with poi. Heaps excited..

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
oooooo so close not many sleeps now

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey fiery friends! just a few fings:
Gates will now open Thurs arvo, cus there WILL be mayhem at the checkpoint due to the scale of this party.let's convince flynt, shall we?Yay we get to finally meet. during the day at least cyberhugs sometimes just can't cut it.for the interstaters, do you wish to organise a few litres of Shell Sol T?2001 was honestly uncomfortably big - 11k+ punters on the sat night freaked a few punters out, this year will be the biggest (if the EC management posts on their forum are anything to go by) Lock your gear up.there will be little chance of sleep due to the scale of this doof. partly due to this, the OZTrance village will be fairly off from the main stages and will have a cosier, sedate feel for the few days.there will be chance for shade this year (as opposed to the pitifully few offered at the crater last year)there will be a waterfight!
-Spiro and Pip have not necessarily ceded authority for a fire tribe to form. they did not get back to us. I get told off every time i fwirl @ an EC that is not held in Eldorado, VIC.[*] [*] [*]a

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i was planning on bring 20-30 litres of kero (pump stuff of course), whats shell sol t?

quote:
2001 was honestly uncomfortably big - 11k+ punters on the sat night freaked a few punters out, this year will be the biggest (if the EC management posts on their forum are anything to go by) Lock your gear up.

i was hoping to have my new video camera b4 ec but i dont think i shall be bringing it nemore

quote:
-Spiro and Pip have not necessarily ceded authority for a fire tribe to form. they did not get back to us.
spiro=spiz? if so didnt he give a yes on the ec forum?

im so not going to be a happy camper if there is no fire tribe

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey mate nice to hear from ya - to answer:
bring your camera - yes it wil lbe mayhem, just be careful with your unreplaceables. for example just take it out of your boot when not in use, i will be doing the same with my missus :evil grinz:
a lockable car mitigates risk.

spiz is his newest internet name (since then he's used fisted rainbow, got banned, then used rainbowed fist)
last year i personally asked at the crater him if i could twirl and he let me. And like any other Earthcore I was shut down after a few burns (with the exception of EC eldorado and traincore)

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
we shall just have to all congregate and all light up at the same time that way it will be to hard for them to shut us down *evil laugh* i guess we can always just twirl without fire but yeah not the same

MozyBRONZE Member
*.. If ya can't be Good, Be Good at it..*
147 posts

Posted:
Wow so excited about all of this... but sucks if we can't play with fire, but i like "ben-ja-men" idea, All light up at once.. yeeee huh. Ummm maybe i should get of the computer and get me some tickets for EC... thankfully i have tickets for RSF, already planned and got hehe.
Oh and Bender im bring my towl, don't you worry about that.

So tell me what the fire performance was like last RSF... was it any good or what?

Oh and Back to EC, i didn't know infected, shpongle and hallucinogen are all there... all i can say is NICE... lol YIPEEEEEEEEE

Trix

watching the world go by!!!!

Trick ferret on the making hehe!!!!
Everybodyknows me as (TriX)

6,978 posts

Posted:
@ RSF this year, psycus was the best fire performance i've ever seen.

plus if it's a total fire ban day, we got probs

82 posts

Posted:
RSF was the first time I'd seen fire twirling. I stood and watched them for AGES! (half an hour is ages when you've eaten what I had hehe)

Damn it, glow twirling is just not the same... At least we should be able to light up along the edge of the river. If they were really nice, they'd setup a spot for fire twirlers. Lay down some sand or something. Not too good for the earth, though, i spose...

6,978 posts

Posted:
if ya want to help out, Josh has a Fire Twirling at Nov EC? thread at the Earthcore forum.

Page: