Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi on the Beach - Brighton Day Trip - 2nd August?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
It summer! And summer time means trips to the seaside!

Ogre has had the spiffing idea of orgaising a trip to Brighton. As a random date we thought August 2nd would be good.

So, who fancies a trip down to Brighton for some spinning and busking (optional) on the beach, followed by hitting the town.

On August 1st there's a big party at S.E. One (see A.A.A. for details) so the idea is after a few hours kip we head to Brighton for the afternoon.

Details!

Ok, it seems I am disorganising this.
Due to everyone partying it's likely that people won't get down there till late. Therefore Ogre and I have set a meeting time of 3pm onwards on the beach by the 'rusty halfpipe'.

For those of you who know Brighton will know what this means. If not walk along the path down on the beach, you'll want to walk to the right of the pier as you're facing it. You'll find a sculpture that looks like a rusy half pipe.

If you plan to make a full day of it then feel free to get there earlier and post earlier meeting plans here.

After a bit of chilling out on the beach we can go and play in the amusement arcades and play my favourite game - Dolphin racing!

For those going by train I recommend meeting in the middle of Victoria station at 13.20 in order to catch the 13:36 train, arriving at 14:30. Direct trains are every half hour and only take about 55 minutes.

From the station getting to the beach is easy, it's a straight road and you can see the sea from the station exit.

For trains back a 10pm train will get you back to London at 23:15. Or the first train in the morning leaves at 6:13am but unfortunately Brighton clubs close at 3/4 am!

For train times Click Here

As always you can try to ring me if you get lost: 07971 698454

[ 31. July 2003, 00:18: Message edited by: Dõm ]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
BamBam, this sounds lovely. Make it happen. And take tomorrow off, you've been working too hard. Buy yourself some shoes or something.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
BamBam? i'm often not sure whether NYC is making elaborate jokes, or if he's got so old skool that he's gone senile

i'm up for a bit of Brighton rock, now where did i leave my sandals and socks?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh hell I'm on NYC duty again am I (he's a good boss really).

Hmm Brighton sounds like it could be a real master plan.

Looks like it's a YES then...

Princess Hels are you game???? go on you know you want to

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
sounds wicked.

i'll be there i reckon

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
..sounds like a plan to me.. will have to see what a friend of mine is up to.. could help us with evening entertainment.

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:

I'm there. Can't wait to have fish and chips, some brighton rock and play in the arcades on the pier......ooooh oooh ooooooh can we go on the rides too. Can we, can we, can we??? Hmmm not quite up to Alton Towers standards but I do like the added fear factor that a) the Pier may collapse and b) the ride might actually come lose of the tracks and end up in the sea......

ahhhh Seaside holidays - tres fun!

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Circus Boymember
9 posts

Posted:
Brighton poisters can often be found near the Hove Lawns Cafe (next to the beach huts and to the west of the West Pier) whenever the weather is fine. See youse in August.

Warning: may contain nuts

kazanewbie
29 posts

Posted:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the week after (9/8/03) Reclaim The Beach?

I know (IMO) that this is a load of comercial hog-wash, but there should still be a lot of people down there and a good vibe. Maybe even a party after, although with the fuzz the way they are down there at the moment it might not be that easy to find unless you know the crowd.

Just a couple of thoughts to throw spanners in your works

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
ooooo, just checked nationalrail and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to get to brighton that i thought (under a tenner!), so i could actually come too

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Rahhhhhhhh nice one flid honey

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
i want to come - i want to come. me me me me me me.............
i'll be the typical english lobster if the suns out, so that no one else has to....

(not sure about the whole almost £20 for antiworld thingy though!!)

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i'll be the typical english lobster if the suns out

talking off lobsterfication , i wonder how justine (ping flags) is doing this week after laying in the sun all sunday afternoon?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
*bump*

details, i want details. Time to meet, the itinery, what time the puppet shows are, whether a packed lunch is included, how many toilet stops there will be etc.

Oh and NYC, you can't come to england and leave claiming you've experienced all it has to offer till you've paddled in the english channel in the pouring rain/hail and then tried to build sandcastles with 2 inch diameter pebbles

I'm looking forward to this one, although my parents live on the coast and i've been there loads of times, i haven't sat on the beach in years

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I'm so there.. jsut lettuce know where to meet you.. I've got someone for you all to meet

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Well, I'll be there if it's Sunny... Possibly.
(I don't agree with this whole "organised" thing)

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
sunny? This isn't majorca you know! English beach trips are all about freezing your ass off in the rain pretending to be enjoying yourself.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
.. I'll be in the pub then..

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Well looks like i'll be puting in an appearance, just to save me getting spankings from everyone!
...........well maybe

Here's hoping the weather treats us better than last w/e

I'll see most of ya later on...

Ads

(anyone up for meeting early in the cafe 1001?)

Is that magnets!?

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I'll be going to Brighton early early.. so any one getting there early are welcome to hang out with me and MistaStix..

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
**** it/...

go on then..

put me down.

when are we meeting at victoria?

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I'm going.
What time are the main bulk of people meeting and where?

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ok: Details have been posted at the top of this thread.

The weather looks like it should hold out and be nice enough on the day

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
isn't 3pm a little late? Actually no, that means i don't hafta get up till 1pm, good idea.

anyone else who lives closer to clapham junction than victoria fancy meeting me at clapham junction for the 1.42pm train? There's a direct train from there and it gets in at 2.29pm. There's also a train back to clapham at 10pm

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I would say anyone fancy meeting at Redhill, but i doubt anyone would as i seem to be the only poi person here

Ok as i get lost easily i'll plan to get to Brighton at 14:30 thereby being able to meet everyone at Brighton station? Please look out for me there?

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Grrrr... if only it wasn't ten thousand pounds and three million light years to Brighton from Sheffield on the train.
It's not fair!

Can't you rearrange it to Skegness instead Dom?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
*bump*
It's going to be nice & sunny, I promise!

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
no can come

have lots and lots of fun ppl and hopefully will find out how it went on sunday

btw, the princesses: are yous still going to the redbull thang on sun, just that miss anna and myself mebbe there before we pootle towards clapam and tooting.

mucho hugz alround
lolli x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Circus Boymember
9 posts

Posted:
It's a beautiful day in Brighton - the sun is shining, the sky is blue, there's no wind and it looks like it's going to be hot.

Scorcio!

Warning: may contain nuts

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
A lovely little outing to Brighton!

Thanks to everyone who came along. And I'll remind everyone who wants to spin fire at an event to remember to bring some parafin along!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Indeed, and as ever the photos are available here:

https://photos.offline.org.uk/showgallery.php?galleryid=113

feel free (hint hint, nudge nudge) to leave comments under the pictures for me to look back on when i'm 80 and wonder who all you loonies are.

[ 03. August 2003, 14:23: Message edited by: flid ]

Page: