Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Tues 22nd July, 6pm - Piccadilly Circus, London

Login/Join to Participate

globallionmember
9 posts

Posted:
Hello All!

Next Tuesday night there's gonna be a bit of an occasion going on at Piccadilly Circus.

It's the launch of a Global Boycott against Coca-Cola cos they've been using terror tactics against the workers in their Colombian Bottling Plants - So far 8 have been assassinated (some actually at work!) and many many more have been abused, threatened, "disapeared", displaced or exiled.

It is politiks an all but it should also be a good occasion cos they're gonna try and make it as colourful & attention grabbing as possible - that's where we come in!
There's gonna be a samba band which would provide a good rythmn for a'spinnin' & a'twirlin' and a stilt walker and all...
There's gonna be a general red/black/white theme to it all so now's the time to fish out those obscure scarlet flag poi you've never used! (no worries if you don't have any obscure scarlet flag poi tho!)

If you wanna know more about the politics, check out:
www.cokewatch.org
www.killercoke.org
https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/boycott-coke

If, you couldn't care less about the politics, just come along for a spin:

6pm onwards - Tues 22nd July - Piccadilly Circus

*Do the Spitalfields massif feel up to a field trip?

Big Love to you all!
x

[ 18. July 2003, 20:48: Message edited by: globallion ]

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:

i think tht i may just hav to show up...

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
*bump*

ps. if you're coming dykeboy can you bring my pink bangle please?

Non-Https Image Link

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny