Page: ...
spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Liquid Connective UK Psychedelic Gathering.

Psy Trance Stage :

LIVE : Infected Mushroom (bne - israel)
LIVE : uk debut Psycraft (hommega - israel)
LIVE : uk debut Bio-Tonic (solstice - france)
LIVE : uk debut Sesto Sento (compact/alchemy rec)
LIVE : uk debut Viktan (optica/ajuca)
LIVE : uk debut Intergalactic (bionic rec - israel)
LIVE : uk debut Shamaniacs (liquid connective rec)
LIVE : uk debut Asimilon (liquid connective rec)
LIVE : Total Eclipse (tip world - france)
LIVE : exclusive set Shakta vs Digitalis (dragonfly)
LIVE : Eskimo (phantasm)
LIVE : Protoculture (nano records - south africa)
LIVE : Jumanji (alchemy rec)
LIVE : Oood/Unconscious Collective (transient/flying rhino)

DJs sets :

Paul Taylor (spun records - ibiza)
Bishop (compact records - brazil)
Lucas (tip world)
Junya (tip world/phantasm)
Ans (nano records) Loic (total eclispe - france)
John Phantasm (phantasm)
Shane Gobi (alchemy rec)
Simo (alchemy rec)
Spencer (alchemy rec)
Wrongun (altered states)
Kristian (chichime/transient)
Vinny (party possible)
Zorflux (enzyme records)
Mr Raz (ajuca productions)
Liquid Ross (liquid connective/altered states)
Tom Fump (liquid connective/altered states)
Liquid Elf (liquid connective/little green planet)
Liquid Djems (liquid connective)
Entropy (liquid connective)
Patsy (liquid connective)
Tim Mcgregor (liquid connective)

LIVE visuals hosted by Inside-Us-All featuring :

pixylight (usa)
ray-v (israel)
spaceman (india)
iData (germany)
captain crystal (france)
billy tantirc
liquid djems
evp
wellREDman
syzygy
unjuntion
deliberate animations

Liquid Groove and Soothe Stage :

***EXCLUSIVE INFECTED VS LIQUID A/V SET***
LIVE : UK Debut Digital Mystery Tour (twisted - france)
LIVE : Ott (twisted)
LIVE : Ooze (spirit zone - denmark)
LIVE : Pitchblack (dubmisison rec - n.zealand)
LIVE : The Egg (twisted)
LIVE : Elohim (liquid connective rec)
LIVE : Spacious Mechanix (liquid connective Rec)
LIVE : Asimilon (liquid connective Rec)
LIVE : Slack Baba (liquid connective Rec)

DJ sets :

Toires (dakini rec - france)
Unity Dub (LSD)
Stephan (total eclispe/DMT - france)
Natasha (foxglove - digital structures)
Pan Papason (etnicanet rec)
Arianna (Karma/liquid connective)
Liquid Djems (liquid connective)
Tamara (karroo)
Ju (hunkidori)
Dave Arc-I (ambient all stars)
Pete Blue (jupiter sunrise)
Entropy (liquid connective)
Mr Rossi (altered states)
Asimilon (liquid connective)
Nick Interchill (interchill records)
Fopunkt (fopunkt.com)
Jeremy (swallow - uk/south africa)
Noodreem (sangita rec)

Liquid Organix Cafe :

LIVE : exclusive set Chris Organic and Mr Biscuit (exclusive preview of new album on Organic Rec)
Leptit (hadra - france)
Dj ShaMane (headroom productions/shiva space japan - germany)
Jeremy (swallow)
Tim Wilard (chilum balam soundsystem)
Alien Dan (altered states)
Dirty Bob n Tiny Tom (back to back)

ticket/invitations are a 23+bf donation available up until the end of july (last day will be Thursday 31st) at which point the ticket price will change. please note, we ask for this donation to support the many artists involved in this production and also to support the two charities/ngos that we are working with on this event : Photon Generator and Free Tibet Campaign.
tickets will be available from friday 11th july

online @ www.accessallareas.org and also available install from access all areas, 117 kentish town road, camden, london.

please note - this event will be a private event for full Liquid Connective members only.
for full liquid membership, please sign up at our members section

Anyone else going to this? Tickets are available online now or in the shop from tomorrow apparently...

"Moo," said the happy cow.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Well the whole liquid thing was not handled very well by the crew, if I decided to hang around and wait for more info or head of driving in the search for a party the weekend would have been spoiled but as it turns out a good weekend was had.

Some pretty nasty stuff been said on the Liquid site, lots of very angry people. Sad that it did not happen, but hoepfully we will be offered free entry to the next party, and refunds are been given to those who want one.

Glad you had a lovely love-love weekend and managed to fit some stomping in too Misstix

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Ali-birdmember
102 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Kat:
Some pretty nasty stuff been said on the Liquid site, lots of very angry people. Sad that it did not happen, but hoepfully we will be offered free entry to the next party, and refunds are been given to those who want one.
Really? That's not the impression that my buddies were given at Access All Areas yesterday!!

I didn't intend to go anyway, but I did end up at one of the Not-the-Liquid-Connective Parties over the weekend. Frankly from what I've read and been told the whole thing sounds like a complete f**k-up.

Too right there's a lot of angry people; I would be! If you're taking thirty quid a head off people for an event, you at least assume that a site has been secured! First picking a popular picnic area, then later trying to set up on the site of a bird sanctuary?! Oh dear.

Still - sounds like mostly everyone still ended up having a wicked weekend somewhere, which is the most important thing.

Why is it that everthing which is fun is illegal, immoral, or fattening?

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I had a good weekend anyhow, but I paid £60 which I can ill afford so hope to get at least a partial refund but would be happy with free entry to the next event. Received emails saying they were going to sort out about possible refunds.

There is no doubt about it that some of the organisers were clearly a bit thick!! What were they thinking of trying to locate the party to a bird sanctuary! Naturally people are annoyed. There are some accusations that the party was set up as a scam and it never intended to go ahead and the organisers in fact called the cops themselves Also that there was a 'private' Liquid party and so some of the acts played for the 'inner circle' of Liquid people, in which case I would defo be v. annoyed - cause I was not there ! I did think the comment amount the Liquid Organisers joining hands to connect with the Spirit of the Dance was a scream though! Less handy holding and more using their common sense might have helped people have some idea what was happening before Sunday!!

Right I'm off to summon forth the spirit of the caffeine to give me some enthusiasm to do some work.

Thanks for the info Ali-bird - there is very little coming through from Liquid Connective which really is not a very good sign but at the moment I am giving them the benefit of the doubt

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
there's better discussion going on about it on the www.psy-trance.co.uk forums than the liquid site. Uploaded my pictures from the weekend finally last night, was anyone else at this party?

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
wicked photos! now ive just gotta try and get them off the computer?!
that guy was so odd! - although he did keep telling me he liked capricorns so he had some sense! (oh, and he liked my nose)!
c u later alligator

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
if you get a knife and dig it into the screen by the corner of each photo you should be able to peel it off.

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
flid- was that the party that they had to turn people away from, cos if so we did try to get there. some of the people i was with ended up there sunday eve. i had your number on my phone, but in the whole scheme of things didn't think to call... (but now i have your number *evil grin *

if anyone finds out more about any kind of refund please keep us notified

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
ahha! i thought i saw you walking across the meadow on saturday morning, but wasn't sure. Was a bit dazed by this point and didn't wanna shout at a random person . Didn't catch you at all on saturday night, but did see you spinning tailed poi in Jullien's photos.

Ali-birdmember
102 posts

Posted:
Thought you guys may wanna see this - my mate's just had it.

Looks like you've been ripped off for at least half your cash.

-----------------------

hey people - much sleep lost and hair pulled out but we still here, having not run off into the sunset. ill be in Access All areas, Camden today, Sam will be at Psy Dmt today and our lovely monster make mate Jamie Fopunkt will be at Illegal Records, Brighton today to sort it all out and speak to people. but here's our plan of action.

After a few frustrating and difficult days of trying to work out the total loss and financial position of Liquid Connective, we have brain stormed many recovery ideas and solutions coming up with the following few. We do not offer these as the only options but as a reality of what we can do. We do welcome all comment and suggestions from all involved, whatever they may be. Regarding the ticket refund, please call the number on the ticket face or email us info@liquidconnective.org where we will deal with everything directly.

For all who purchased/donated for the ticket, please contact the outlet and the following arrangements can be made:

Option 1 - if you require a refund for the ticket we can £15 back and free entry to the next Liquid Connective event/or future event. For this you must return the ticket to the outlet, keep the smaller ticket stub and theticket outlet will retain the larger part. we will also need your: 1 - name/username 2 - email address 3 - contact number or address. we do accept and understand that this will not meet the expectations of everyone and we ask you to contact us by phone (number on ticket face) or by email info@liquidconnective.org where we will deal with all enquires and requests directly.

Option 2 - if you wish to support us through these difficult times and keep your ticket, we are very soon to develope a new membership system in which we can exhcnage your ticket for at a future date. this will include free entry into the next Liquid Connective event/or future event, as well as discount tickets and entry into many of the other events we will be involved in, an new txt message and snail-mail mailing system with exclusive free music from our record label, and with access to a new liquid-forum in which we will put forward all our ideas and listen to all of your ideas broading our community and bringing it closer together.

We welcome all your thoughts and ideas, and wish to hear your feedback on that we purpose. Representative from Liquid Connective will be at Access All Areas, Psy Dmt and Illegal Records today should you wish to talk to us in person.

Again we offer our sincere apologies for last weekend.

Much Love
Liquid Connective

---------------------

Pah. I'm glad I didn't pay to go, I'd be livid right now. You should be able to get a full refund if you want one!! And what makes them think that you guys are gonna wanna trust them to deliver another event in the future?!

Anyway. Not my business really, I've lost nothing. It's just as a party organiser myself this really just gets on my nerves. Piss poor planning.

and

xxx

Why is it that everthing which is fun is illegal, immoral, or fattening?

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I agree that the option should be there for a full refund for people who had to travel from far away, some people came over to the UK specially which is a complete disaster.

I would go with option 1 or 2 anyhow so I'm pretty happy with the offer.

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
piss poor planning it was not. It was the CJA in full effect.. if you must blame anyone.. blame the government.

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I think the following posting on the Liquid site will also go a long way to placate those who still feel hard done by.

quote:
sorry for all the inconvenience and ill feeling......obviously everyone needs answers.... just to let you know, the organisers are not ignoring you all but at present pulling their hair out trying to work out our financial situation as soon as possible.... they are spending time sorting out what to say to the ticket outlets in the morning and will get to the accusations thereafter..... we have taken a massive financial blow as obviously there were upfront costs and we didn't expect this outcome as everything was in place.... despite everyone saying how dis-organised etc we were... we were more organised than ever maybe its not enough but..... it was section 63 under the criminal justice act that prevented our event taking place, not the fact that we are lunched out hippies that don't care or on a complete scam to run off with everybodys money.....it is the ultimate pain in the bum criminal justice bill that is to blame...... we had music,djs,vjs,decor,marquees,tipis, toilets (that the police turned away), well marked re-cyling centres,big blue ashtrays on the dance floor, 700 eggs and enough organic food to feed the expected party people!!!...... there was a healing space , a chill out space, an acoustic dome, a cafe and a lovely man with his tent from free tibet all of which were in the meadow which people had spent all day hacking away at the brambles..... in the main area.... there was an amazing stage with scafolding towers that people had worked all day to make perfect and next to it the vj guys had their own marquee to house the 9 best vjs from around the world.... people worked hours on hanging decor that had been created especially for the party.... it was all starting to look lovely....there was even a little geodesic dome which people had spent the day winding fluro wool in patterns........ we had a load of water coming and also a river fit for swimming..... there was a quarry and a field for parking and camping..... the land was secured and the authorites and neighbours all knew.

..... don't know if this helps...

We had all arrived the night before and during the night and were mostly asleep ready for the chaotic day ahead when this guy Simon arrived....

also the next day yes it was evidently chaos but there was definately not one of the liquid connective organisers too ****ed on anything....

after the health and safety did a risk assessment with our legal advisor, we had to change all of the areas around so that it would be health and safety compliant......this affected every area..... basically...it was all a bit of a bummer....everyone had to move areas and if anyone was ignored by any of the main area co-ordinators I wouldn't have thought that it was intentional just the fact that we had to change around our orginal plans and having the authorities up our bum with the phones ringing every 5 seconds..... it was alot of pressure knowing there was thousands of people counting on coming to this party...... it had to work..... we had to do everything the police told us to.... they were really nice in fact and really impressed by the measures we had taken...( we had nearly 40 stewards and lots of security who were all first aiders)..... but I don't think anyone meant to ignore anyone,
no-one was messed up or too up their own arses, just very stressed out with it all and getting on with their own areas.......

anyway we did try to organise an amazing festival for you all, we all worked so hard on the weekend and the months approaching....meeting every week for updates and ideas.... maybe the holding hands thing made some people laugh but in our meetings its just a way to start off and chill out and focus..... in a way, its a way of losing inhibitions a bit too so that everyone could feel they could speak out...

everything was in place and we did have back up plans but by the time the police served us with the section 63 we had all our eggs in one basket.... it was a nightmare....trying to pack down a whole festival and ring other possible sites etc..... ring some artists that hadn't flown over yet so they could decide for themselves what to do plus try to answer the phones that were constantly ringing..... at times we spent 2 hours trying to get onto the answerphone to change the outgoing message but couldn't because of the incoming calls stopping us....

Some of us were going to check out this possible site in Dartmoor on Saturday morning that apparantly had been claimed and would be perfect for our festival.... when we got there not only was it no good for a festival as it was a national trust site but the word had got out and there were hundreds of partygoers there before we arrived.....
at the services there were hundreds more..... all itching for a party but the massive numbers made it very difficult to go anywhere un noticed... the police were on our case...

Our friend informed us of the 3rd and final site near chicester...it sounded perfect and we arranged for the sound system to go there first.... unfortunately once we had arrived there and starting setting up the park ranger informed us that it was an eco site.... no-one was aware of this before so we decided to give in..... every one was completely worn out and dishevelled...

everybody regrets that it didn't come off as we'd wished and all this ill feeling is really dis-heartening.... there were mistakes made...of course there were.... but at the end of the day the intention was completely pure.... the intention was to put on an amazing weekend for some beautiful like-minded people......

no-one is trying to ignore or hide or deny anything.... there has been a huge lack of communication but they are just trying to deal with the reality of it all and there is alot to wade through.... its an alien situation.... I hope you understand...

sorry for all your anger but please don't threaten everyone so that we feel we can't even walk down the road without looking over our shoulder, we are all pissed off and gutted but please realise that this isn't helping anything...

hope that liquid still continues and that we have your support for the next party.....

Love Kerry xx

Bless!

- W B Yeats

Page: ...