Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > UberCabaret@The Custard Factory Birmingham 2nd August

Login/Join to Participate

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Hello Again People!
I am back for a limited time only so listen carefully, this computer screen will self destruct in 4 seconds...
The lowdown is
A party at THE CUSTARD FACTORY SATURDAY 2nd AUGUST, that all you people should be at, there will be;
Bands
FunkPig - Very live bass and beats, live funk/drum and bass
Katalama- Novelty jazz funk swing
Angels Trumpet - Hillbilly Hobo Blues
,Poets,
Louis Campbell, he is wicked, worked with Bad manners, The Selecter, the Dubbrokkaz and loads of other ska dub stuff
Haze - with condensed evil
UberCompere the compere
Performance artists;
Crumbs the magician- He does magic
Carti The human Statue - does wot it says on the tin.
Jo Tremarco and Reuben Henry present BlowJob.
and we will have loads and loadsa of other en promenade weirdness, and installation art. and of course FIRESPINNERS;
The Custard Factory is an ace venue, with a massive courtyard, with bandstand to spin under, with water as well. Oh and a massive statue of The Green Man and a Huge dragon!
Spinners get in free. Anyone else its £4 or £3 concessions
Ahyone whos up for it let me know and i will sort out places to crash for those who need it etetc.
Take care people,
Big Love.
Jon

[ 17. July 2003, 07:26: Message edited by: Wikkaman ]

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
Holy cheeze Batman! Did you say spinners get in for free?

Where do I sign up? Do I just turn up at the door?

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Yes Robin, that is correct, this party is going to be bantumi!
Any spinner wishing to get in free has to send two dead scorpians,
a bag of graveyard dirt,
some rusty nails,
and a copy of Clive Barkers Night Breed on Video (directed By David Croneberg) to a malign institution somewhere. Not the video though i want that.
Or you could just email me.
Word.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
Isn't bantumi a rare form of Japanese chicken fighting? Or was that bukaki? Er, shucks I'm not too hot on these exotic words.

Kretch!

primate

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:
Hi,

How good do you have to be to get in get in free. I have been spinning for about 3 months.

I am an Angel

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
Holy moon-rocket! Not that I have anything to do with the event... (*ahem!*) ...of course, er...

The event organisers must be sure that you are *safe* at spinning with fire to be able to participate in the fire-spinning festivities, ie that you have a good awareness of your surroundings, especially yourself, people in your vacinity and the fabric of the building. If you are uncertain, turn up and get yourself introduced to the Fire Krew, at least one of whom will be able to confirm that you have the required safety skills.

ook!

primate

tyler durdenmember
8 posts

Posted:
Just spotted this on the newsletter. Dunno what all this cabaret stuff is but fire sounds good! Was going to bring my mates but there all going to the big chill... oh well, looks like i will be coming by myself... will someone look after me? Please?

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Yes someone will definately look after you, where are you travelling from?
However we may try to sell your organs on the blackmarket.

tyler durdenmember
8 posts

Posted:
only coming in from solihull (m42 junction 5) not to far out. should be good - never met random poi people before.

see you on saturday!

tyler durdenmember
8 posts

Posted:
cheers for the evening, good music and some quality spinners. everyone is just sooo friendly! bit intimidating going on the bandstand, particularly for a first fire meet (for myself anyway), but other than that... damn good.

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Hey There KIds!
Sorry i haven't been in touch i have no internet access of my own nor at work as it was revoked, curses!
So many BIG apologies to everyone that I havn't been in touch with promptly, I am sometimes quite useless.
But dont let that put you off though as the next UBERCABARET is on Halloween Oct the 31st its a friday! See relevent thread.
NIce one!