Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > July 28th-August 3rd, BIG GREEN GATHERING!!! UK, Cheddar

Login/Join to Participate

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
Yo everybody I just thought I should mention this as its an excellent place for all forms of fire-fun, it kicks off really hard at night as its the main thing to do, for more info bout the festival itself go to:

www.big-green-gathering.com

And I shall be there with my ickle stall providing lovely hippy crap and more importantly FIRE fun, look for the HEMP CAFE and next door you should find FISHES AND WISHES, it would be great to meet up with all the hoppers who are going and we should have a stage this year and I'll be running poi workshops etc, etc so feel free to come along and have aspin or help out, or just chill in the cafe.

and many, many to you all

And keep on

Luv Winter

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
see you there!

BTW you must know Greg and Steph if you are from the same cafe? Or is it a different Hemp Cafe?

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

119 posts

Posted:
Yup I know Greg, and I may know Steph, seems familiar and I must of met her, oh well my memory is patchy at the best of times, but hey cool see you there

sambomember
18 posts

Posted:
You know if your allowed to camp?
Might be worth a mosey to Cheddar for the weekend!

S
quote:

play with fire.....ya get burnt.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hi to all
BGG is a wonderfull festie - really looking 4ward 2 it especially as
COSMIC FLAME - (me and me better 1/2!) shall be performing there each night, plus some walkabout flag fun during the day
Ill also be Fly Pitching me stall there - Lots 'o Fire Stuff - Telescopic Staff, Rainbow Poi, Garenteed cheapest Kevlar this side 'o the Moon and a variety to make your Fire Buds wither!
So come check me/us/every1 out and most importantly have Big Green Fun

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

119 posts

Posted:
Phirenix you little bundle of fun, your going to come and spin, spin, spin tooooooooo, yahhhhhhhhhhh.

Everybody prepare to be amazed by Phirenixs performance, very sexy with those costumes too

Anywasy it'll be great to see you there m8, have fun and take care

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
*yay*

Not long now!!

Can't wait to meet y'all!

Steph is a bloke (lives with Greg) who should be working with you winter. Looking forward to meeting you.

Yes, you can camp and the ticket price includes camping (parking is extra) - concession tickets are available for students/DSS too.

Let's arrange a daytime spin all together at some point - I'm sure we'll all meet anyway but it'd be good to get together.

sunbeam x

sunny

119 posts

Posted:
That sounds cool Sunbeam, we'll be going down very early, like saturday I spose so come and find us the moment you arrive, its gonna be wicked

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
I'll be there, I've really missed the Gathering these last couple of years what with the Great Welsh Disaster and getting a new job about a fortnight before the Gathering last year.

That's where I first saw a fire show, that's where I got my first, heaviest and favourite chains, and I've been waiting to take some fire back to the gathering for too long now.

Not to mention it's the loveliest, happiest, fluffiest, most committed place I could hope to spend a week, getting the hang of just being me without distractions and limitations.

Two weeks today :-)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Where's Cheddar? Am I going to this? Where's my secretary?

BAMBAM! AM I GOING TO THIS?

Any London peeps heading up for this? Where am I? MOM?!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
NYC I live in London and am going up on the 30th August (Weds). It's a five-day event. Check out the website.

If you do decide to go I know others travelling from London and we can hitch/blag a lift/get the train together if you like.

PM me if you want more info

Non-Https Image Link

sunny

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, nice to hear your all going - got my ticket the weekend!

Will be wondering round looking for you all - i will be the one carrying two fine new innercores!

(My newest babies)

Looking 4wd to it!

See ya theres

strugz

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
*AHEH* Mr NYC what all this about a secretary...... have I not sent you all your diary movements for the next two months
Please take a look at my job discription then get back to me with a VERY public apology

I'm not actually going to be able to make it to the Big Green because work are PANTS . I'm told it's going to be a wicked gathering though, worth going to.

If you do want to go, then I couldnt think of a better companion than sunbeam (she be really cool you know)

Rightyo then boss, I'd better get back to planning what meeting you need to attend in September......ohh it's a hard life working for NYC

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
thanks for the character reference Bams I'll be sure to call you up next time I'm in court

ps. I like the new sig honey

NYC - looking forward to meeting you. Email or PM if you want to arrange anything, otherwise I'll just see you when you get here

xx to all

sunny

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Bambam, take a memo dear:

"Dear Sunbeam,
Unfortunately, I have already made commitments to be in London on the 1st of August so I will be unable to head out on JULY 30th(I assume that was a typo of August 30). I do hope we can meet up before that.. yadda yadda yadda... Have a great weekend... etc. etc. etc...
Sincerely NYC"

Also, Ms. Bam, please do fax me my iterary for August as I seem to have misplaced it and be a dear and send a dozen roses to my wife. Oh yes... and find me a wife.

You can feel free to take the rest of the morning off as I won't be needing you until the afternoon. Get yourself a pedicure or something...

-Mr. NYC,
C.E.O. NYC-UK TOURS.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Anyone driving from London on Wednesday morning with space for a passenger or maybe two?

We'll contribute to petrol. Please let me know if anyone can offer a lift, either here or by PM or email

Thanks

Non-Https Image Link

sunny

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
I'll have room for one in a car going from Oxford to the Gathering on Wednesday, returning Sunday night.

message me.

119 posts

Posted:
It was amasing man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I span so much fire it was unreal, if you saw someone with green flaming poi then that was me, and green and yellow double flaming poi, oh and sparkly steel wool poi on the village green, and the mud just made things funnier dudes, excellent festi, put me in agood mood for the run up to samothraki

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Not sure if I saw you burn Wintermute but I did see someone with sparkly poi on the village green. Very nice. We were doing fire poi/staff/clubs near the Small World stage on the last couple of nights. I enjoyed the hemp milk smoothie from your cafe but didn't meet you in person as far as I know.

Thanks to everyone who was there - it was a beautiful gathering.

Non-Https Image Link

sunny