RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
This Saturday, July 12th there will be a few of us getting together on the beach in Oceanside..

All are welcome!!

Question to Oceanside people: Where would be the best place to meet up for fire?

RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
If I'm not mistaken it's also a Full Moon. Neat!

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
Ill try to make it.
I just got a new puppy last week so i dont think I can take her on the beach right yet.
I might drive by and say hi though, that is if you guys are on the south side of the pier.
Have fun anyways if I dont see you guys.

Non-Https Image Link

Its not easy being green....

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Hiya.... If it is full moon on Saturday, we should look into spinning down by the pier because I think they have some type of gathering there... I'll check it out. If not, it'd be cool to spin out towards the end of The Strand, like around Wisconsin Street because there is free parking nearby and I've spun there before without problems.... I'll get back to you after I research the full moon happenings!

LLcoolPatmember
38 posts

Posted:
The full moon is on Sunday, but Saturday is close enough for me.

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
cool.... I can set up some torches or something on the beach... what time do you guys want to get together? I'd be down for something like early evening or sunset time so we can spin some without fire and stuff... Who's all thinking of going???

RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
Myself and a friend from Chicago will be showing up around Sunset, give or take..

Torches would be good. Having never been to the beach in Oceanside, where abouts should we meet up? Like directions from the freeway..

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Hey there... just wondering if anyone else is showing up. I want to be there, but I might have to go to a birthday dinner. I should be able to let you guys know tomorrow, but I just wanted to warn you in case noone else is showing up. the beach I had in mind is exiting Oceanside Blvd off the five and heading west. go to the beach (straight ahead) turn right on Pacific (last street before ocean) turn left on Wisconsin (at stop sign). there's also parking up above on the street for free... I"ll let you know in the morning if I'll be able to go.

RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
Cool.. we'll be there around sunset.

Gabriellemember
23 posts

Posted:
Hi Guys
I unfortunately won't be able to make it tonight , but pleeeeez let me know when you guys get together again.

have fun

Hugs and loves
Gabs
P.S can we do one in san Diego one night?

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
No show, guys!
I cruised up and down the beach twice, and didn't see any of you!

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Sorry Calvran... We were there... The tide was really high so we went two blocks south - We wrote a note on the rail under the lifeguard tower at Wisconsin St. to send people two blocks south -down where there was beach... If you walked to the water's edge and looked south, you should have seen us ... Next time we'll plan better and pay attention to the tides!

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
For you guys who did make it, (just three of us) It was great meeting you! Hope to plan another soon.

RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
What fun!

Should we set up another one? When would work best for everyone?

I'm available pretty much any night. Should we head back down to South Shore so we can have drummers? Oceanside was cool, definately more central (for the OC people as well as the SD people).. what's everybody think?

RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah.. the pics I took are in my Yahoo Photo Albums.. although I am looking for a better place to host them, both now and in the future.. any suggestions on a good free photo hosting service?

See if this link works: https://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/didge23/lst?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album&.src=ph&.view=

bohemianmember
3 posts

Posted:
Starting to figure out the boards.

Kelly, it was great to meet you!! It was a terrific evening even if our attempt to get other people over to us failed.

Randy, I can put the other pics up on my site- go look in my LJ for a link, I can put yours in randy.aoristdesign.com if you want.

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Hi guys! Thanks for putting up those pictures Randy!! I just uploaded a couple to my photo album. Your camera is awesome. How did the video come out?? We'll have to plan something else soon!!

Sara- great to meet you too!! I had a really good time and so did my neighbors! Keep spinnin'and welcome to HOP!!

RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
I haven't had a chance to work on the video yet.. But I will in the next day or two..

So, about another gathering.. let's toss a date out and see what people think..

How about South Shore, July 27?

South Shore is a bit far for me too, but it was bitchen to have drummers. Unless someone can suggest another beach where music AND fire can be expected.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
hey there! how bout july 28 instead? i'm flying in to san diego around 7pm on the 28th and i'll be there until wednesday the 30th woohooooo!!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
We'll set something up for sure!! I think the 27th has been changed to the 25th in Oceanside anyway since there is a a cappoeira event and some poisters will be in town. What part of SAn Diego will you be staying in?? Are you going to Firedance again this year? Keep us in touch and we'll plan something!!

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
hi!
i'm staying with pozee again! and yes, i'm going to Firedance, are you??

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
Silly newbie question: What's Firedance?

Gabriellemember
23 posts

Posted:
It's a drum/dance festival up in Santa Cruz.
Go to https://www.firedance.org/index.php
to check it out. I went to the full moon drum circle at Black's Beach for the first time the other night. It was pretty cool, but prepare for a steep walk down in the dark (a flash light is always a good idea). Anyone going to Burningman????

RandyBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
If all goes as planned, I will be at Burning Man this year.

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Hi.. No, I'm not going to Firedance - I tried to get more info about it by posting for comments here but nobody ever replied - I don't want to pay the non-discounted price. However, I would love to hear your feedback! I look forward to seeing you either at south shores or at Oceanside!! Happy travels! Kelly

Gabrielle - I've been wanting to check out that drum circle for a while now so hopefully I'll hit up the next one. Are you thinking of going again???

Gabriellemember
23 posts

Posted:
Hi Kelly (i think?) I definately will got to the drum circle again, but probably not before Burningman. Nyx, welcome to san Diego. I've heard alot about you and hope to get a chance to meet you while you're here