Page:
nasumember
35 posts

Posted:
So last year, 2002, there was a HoP gathering Tuesday Night around the man... It was amazing to meet everyone...

This year... I've been lurking around the HoP Forums, and it seems a TON of you are going..

I think in the name of Tradition.. Tuesday night, Sun Down, At the Man... Bring yer favorite
toy, and favorite fuel and anything else ( music perhaps ).

love n lights
-nasu-
www.wildfireentertainment.com

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Ho, arashi!
So you thought the "Xanth on a chain" was another one of my typically dangerous, psychotically conceived, over-the-top, off the hook, beyond the pale hybrid fire toy, like my 3-section staff that breaks down into nunchaku?
Not so (this time)...
The Xanth is a creature. Her name comes from a place in a Piers Anthony novel. She walks tall like a giraffe. And has a face like this:
https://www.deadflesh.org/fear/fearcam3xanth2.jpg
We (my troupe) collectively came up with the idea for our procession: the Prometheus Contrition. On Tuesday night I lead her through the Labyrinth and then she gives birth to the Juju Baby.
Now, CYBER SPRITE! WTF? I read your little "how to get laid at Burning Man" article and was surprised that you tell girls NOT to have sex with guys who play with fire.
While that may be good advice (a lover can only be a distant second to the flame for a firedancer, male or female), it is not helping Maximus get laid this year.

peace,
Maximus

CatastrophicBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
So Close so Close So Close!!!

After a summer of festivalling...I'm off the the biggest baddest most fantastical festival of all

I finally get to meet you all in person...

Oh, by the way I am camped at Camp LabRat, a camp of mad scientists, musicians and performers, we are at Authority and Sublime 6:30! One block off Esplanade, one block off Center Camp...heheheheh

We will have (ahem) our very own **Tesla coil** and **Jacob's Ladder**, as well as a huge dome and dance floor, come get down with us!

See you at the Man!

CatastrophicBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Another question to you more experienced firespinners at Burningman, how much fuel do you bring to last you a week?

Thanky

nasumember
35 posts

Posted:
I like to bring as much fuel as I bring water..

2 gallons per person per day.. *wink*

but you can never have enough fuel..

I'll look for yer tesla coil.. =) hop hop hop hop

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
Hey Maximus....I don't remember telling women NOT to have sex with guys who play with fire... Wow, did I really say that? haha

I DO remember telling them to watch out for DPW boys and weird men who like to beat each other up in Thunder Dome

You are going to ABSOLUTELY love this years pamphlet...I'm giving out tunz of advice, so I can guarantee you'll get laid - I'll bet you a 100 bucks that you'll get screwed at least five times... (how does that sound for a random number)! I'll be sure to bring you a copy on Tuesday.

NASU...I guess we'll be performing together at the Tear Drop sculpture...see you at practice on Tuesday, whatever time ends up working out. Thanks for addressing the time conflict!

&

The experience of learning is living.

fireninjamember
34 posts

Posted:
quote:
Another question to you more experienced firespinners at Burningman, how much fuel do you bring to last you a week?
Last year I brought 5 gallons of whitegas, and I shared it freely. I also used a lot of other people's fuel. It all got used up.

I'm bringing more this year...

-david
www.fireninja.com

RedFirEmember
4 posts

Posted:
I'm there...can't wait but will, too much to do to get ready. May be part of burning bellies too

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Hey Cyber Sprite!
I like what you are saying now, (thank you very much) but the old pamphlet did tell girls to not have sex with guys who play with fire or robots, OR BOTH. (?) Unless they just want a one-nighter smelling of gasoline. (What's wrong with that? And please get your fuels right. Nobody uses gasoline anymore.)
See you on the Playa...
Now as for fuel, I think five gallons of white gas per fire dancer is about right. I fire breathe, too. And I use about .5 liters of lamp oil per session. So I'll bring about four liters of that. (I only do it once a day.) Plus I've got a few bottles of rubbing alcohol for eating and tracing.
We have a big kevlar-covered peace sign (we were told not to bring it to Burning Man last year--can you believe that crap?) So we'll have kerosene, another five gallons, just to light it up.
I know that is a lot of fuel to stuff into a truck for a 1,000 mile trip, so stow it carefully.

peace,
Maximus

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
maximus: 1000 miles?? civilian! we're coming from central texas.its about 1800 to BM for me. i am looking forward to seeing some 3 section play!

wow, we leave next week!!

take care yall, i've got procrastinating to do.

matt

fireninjamember
34 posts

Posted:
11 days...

-david
www.fireninja.com

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
jesus... 11 days with no sleep, you mean. i've got soooooo much to do.

but i have a schoolbus with a blueprinted racecar engine and performance parts...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
https://www.yahoopamphlet.com/2002/13.html

Hey Maximus....normally I don't bother, but because I'm in a bad mood I'm going to defend myself.

Darlin'
I didn't write the article.... I have a team of writers and my good friend John wrote it - and he has a wicked sense of humor.

I included the link at the top. I hope the rest of you can enjoy the article without taking it personally. John uses gasoline for his large scale art projects. If any one is interested or cares, Carousel Numinous is gonna rock the playa. Look for it, 5:30 and the Esplanade.

peace

Gabriellemember
23 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, I may not get there till the wee hours of wed am. Will you all be at the man most nights? And Arashi, Drew told me to look of for you, however by the sounds of things, you won't be hard to spot.
See you all there

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Hey Cyber Sprite!
Did I piss you off? Don't be mad, drink some water and get in the shade.
Okay, so you didn't write the blasphemous piece of "advice." You are hereby forgiven and formally invited to come to the Green Fairy Bar Camp for a nice cold glass of homemade banana beer :beer

peace,
Maximus

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
Hey Maximus
I was already having a shitty day, no worries. I just got outta the pool, so now I'm nice and chilled

I'll be there brother! Thanks for the offer

fireninjamember
34 posts

Posted:
quote:
jesus... 11 days with no sleep, you mean. i've got soooooo much to do.
Never underestimate what motivated, intelligent slightly insane people can accomplish is a short period of time.

And now its only 6 days...

-david
www.fireninja.com

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
never underestimate how tired i am. never underestimate how long it really really takes to fill weld holes in your rusty swiss cheese exhaust system closed. never underestimate how much having a 16 penny sized (nail) hole in your finger slows you down. never understimate how much of maximus' absinthe and banana beer i will drink when this is all over. never underestimate how awful my spinning will be after not practicing for two months. never underestimate how hard arashi will work to have air conditioning at burning man.

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

Scarmember
9 posts

Posted:
Tuesday night, Sun Down, At the Man... favorite oys... Definitely in.

fireninjamember
34 posts

Posted:
quote:
never underestimate how hard arashi will work to have air conditioning at burning man
Air conditioning?!?!?

Wow.

I was excited to have a shade structure this year.

I will definitely have to visit...

-david
www.fireninja.com

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
hey luvs!
well here i am in lovely santa cruz hanging out until it's time to head to the man! anyone around here spin in santa cruz? yes, arashi, we definitly have a fire eating date but, waaa! my torches have disappeared!! hope i can borrow some because it's too late to order kevlar and make new ones! does anyone know where to get kevlar in santa cruz? see you all tuesday night, dark, at the man! I am with Reorient https://www.disorient.com
(they were disorient last year) and will be coordinating fire performance for Reorient events and looking for spinners so if anyone is interested, let me know tuesday night and i'll tell you what we have in mind!
5 days till i hit the playa!!!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey Nyxy, Have fun on the playa! I'm having way too much fun out here in the UK.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Flying tonight....

see you all in a few days!

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
the big blue bus is outta here... see you guys soon!

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
Hey, I'm in Santa Cruz

Perfect timing.

Yes, fire spinning tonite at the Lighthouse - Nocturnal Sunshine (our local troupe) will be doing final rehearsals. I'm gonna go even tho I'm completely overwhelmed with packing and cooking. If you wanna touch base, look for me...long braids (purplish)

For Kevlar :
Renegade Juggling
(831) 426-7343
Bob - kool guy
They are a hidden place and don't give out the address, must call first. Good luck!

Hopefully, I'll see ya tonite

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
afraid i must have missed the rehearsal anything going on thursday or friday night? i'm off to the playa eeeaaarrrrllly sunday morning! i'll definitely check out renegade juggling- thanks!!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Nyx, arashi, Master Sodium and all my other HoP friends,
You are all invited to come to our camp for Playa Jumbalaya Sunday night (Aug. 24). I'll make two batches, one mild vegatarian and one firey hot with crab and shrimp. The Green Fairy Bar Camp is in the beta district at Received 4:00, near Authority. Look for the green butterflies. Bring a cup for banana beer.
And Cyber Sprite, so I said nobody uses gasoline anymore, and you came up with someone who does. Okay, what I should have said was nobody SANE uses gasoline anymore. Dangerous, smelly stuff.

peace,
Maximus

fireninjamember
34 posts

Posted:
Leaving tomorow -- won't be online much after this.

See you all on the Playa!

BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN

-david
www.fireninja.com

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
So far we've been in bus's, planes, and a Jeep for a total of about 30 hours.

Now in Sacramento. Tomorrow, to Reno. Monday...............

See you all soon. I'm off to bed.

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

fireninjamember
34 posts

Posted:
It was great meeting all of you guys out there.

-david
www.fireninja.com

space cadetmember
19 posts

Posted:
Indeed, my burn was excellent as always. Great meeting you guys, even though I had to skip out earlier than I wanted to get myself some dinner. I didn't spin as much as I wanted, but I did finally spin in front of people, and I'm inspired to become a better spinner by next year. lookout.

Page: