Dawny Tootesxmember
9 posts

Posted:
Hello, I am hoping to be part of the parade in Waterford at the Spree festival, looking to see if I can hook up with any double staffers out there. Arh the girls got no Irish mates, no one to play with, any offers!

tootes x

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I don't know much about the Spree festival but can vouch for the non craziness of this double staff wench

Can be a handfull if there is a dancefloor and encouragement

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Errrm, good idea. I've just mailed them to see if I can do anything either. I can't say for sure right now but it sounds promising.

My double staff is pants but I wouldn't meeting up with you anywho...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Dawny Tootesxmember
9 posts

Posted:
Glad youve contacted them, tell me what response you get back. Do you know anyone else who is or might be fire performing there? Would be great to hook up, can't think of anything better than a fire performer with an Irish accent!
Perhaps an Irish firedancer with a crate of stella!

tootes x

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I don't know anyone else who's going yet but I'm going to belt out a mail today to all the Dublin firey folk and see if anyone'd be interested...

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
If this happens Dawny, take your DV and camera and ill sort you a gallery page and vid out. About time these Irish spinners were documented on hop

[ 09. July 2003, 13:51: Message edited by: TEMPEST ]

Dawny Tootesxmember
9 posts

Posted:
Your on lanky, I will defo take the Dv over, looking forward to meeting other dancers.

I was wondering, to all you Irish dudes and dudettes, that if we got together say a couple days before that maybe we could do something as a group, nothing too strenuious, perhaps offer informal workshop sessions. Or just perform as a gang. Then maybe next year we could have more of an impact on the parade.

just a thought, nice to make the most of an oppertunity

tootes x

Dawny Tootesxmember
9 posts

Posted:
Boo hoo, boo hoo, I'm miserable cos I don't think I can get to the Spree afterall. I was hoping for some funding to come through in time and I don't think it's gonna happen. I was really, really looking forward to shakin my arse (and staffs) over in Ireland.

Thanks to all the Irish crew that returned my emails, Ariel, James Farrel & Chris Reina nice to chat with you guys, good to make your acquaintence.

My art works takes me to Ireland occasonally so I hope to meet up with you for a dance during these trips.

Another reason why I can't make it over is I'm about to move to a new house, best thing about it is that it's huge and I will be able to offer a place for any fire performers to stay in the future.

Sorry Tempest that you wont get any video footage this time around, but hey.

tootes x

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
That kinda sucks but there'll be other times.
If you're ever round Dublin, you have my email address anyway.

Am working on the video camera thing. I have an stuff on hi 8, just waiting for Warren to get his stoopid capture card back.

Dawny Tootesxmember
9 posts

Posted:
cheers fella, how did you get on, are you gonna get to perform for the spree? What are you planning to do, if you do?

tootes x

Mark ManganMarcusMyAlias
5 posts

Posted:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up some sort of casual practice group for irish twirlers. There doesn't seem to be one out there, not that I can see anyway. The idea would be that whoever is available on a given date could meet up and practice together. Maybe teach each other moves etc.

Let me know what you think.

MarcusMyAlias@gmail.com

Thanks for your time smile

Mark

Try not to hit yourself in the nuts