Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Suggestion for Poi in the Park Tamworth, England!

Login/Join to Participate

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
i know there is already a Poi in The Park in Sheffield, Huddersfield and London ...

but i suggest that one is started more centrally.
I suppose that i am biased as i live in tamworth and can not travel these distances.

So as i am eager but unable to meet any body I would like to suggest that we have a Poi in the Park in Tamworth, England.

Tamworth has a lot to offer, where i would suggest is near the town center, is next to a bowling alley and the Snow Dome. There is both Wimpy and McDonalds locally and toilets.

There are plenty of cheap car parks, a lot of buses and a train station. Tamworth is just off of Juntion 10 on the M42.

i have never tried to organise any thing like this before and i dont know if any one would be interested or not. So if any one is interested please post and i could probably do with some advice from some one who has done this before.

Thanx for taking the time to read this

kelli

[ 06. July 2003, 22:58: Message edited by: kelli ]

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
um...where is tamworth?

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
Tamworth is about 15 min by car away from Birmingham. Sorry i forgot to mention that.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
birmingham....still a mission from london to goto every sunday or such...and expensive too

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
the biggest enemies you will face when you help run a fire meet are:
winter and sloth
overcome them, cus you will love the people you will meet - fire friendlies are what make life sweet!
oh and endorphins rate highly too!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Check out: -

https://www.poiinthepark.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

one of its aims is to encourage a pip in other towns.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
There is both Wimpy and McDonalds

Non-Https Image Link

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
**** you and your Maccie D bashing!

I actually really like macdonalds and wimpy do a cracking fried egg and chips.

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
odviously no one is very interested in this idea so skip that one then.

oh well, i tried.

kelli

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:

Oi Oiiiiiiiiiiiii Kelli

Dont give so easy, im sure there are people nr Tamworth (England) that would come to your PIP, you have to get the word out as long as there is adequate parking, somewhere to go if it rains (i don't like getting my wings wet) and somewhere to get food. Even if you only get five people come so what you can still have fun and learn from each other.

If at first you dont succeed, try, try again

I am an Angel

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
or hide all evidence you ever tried.

tyler durdenmember
8 posts

Posted:
i could make it to tamworth. know another few that might be interested. im only in brum, less than a mile from junction 5 of the m42.

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ok don't be so quick to be negative Kelli.

The only nay sayer you actually had was Jon and he's a strange fellow from London (ish). Don't take everything he says as gospel....

Few suggestions for you. change the title of this thread to something like Poi in in the Park, Tamworth.
That way people in the area are more likely to read it. At the moment you're only attracting random wierdos (like we who've replied thus far) to the thread....Do a search for people in your area in the Meet Otters section. Then email all the likely suspects telling them of your plans to start a new event and asking for their help/attendance/cake bringing skills/etcFind a good parkArrange a PiP

You build it they will come....

Meh

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
Thank you for the encouragement both anthea and C@ntus.

I really appreciate it.

kelli

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
or email all the details to do with times dates and locations, write me directions and public transport details too and i will add the meets page to the poiinthepark website, also if you make a thread on the forum there too that might be a help, we had over 27,500 hits last month alone, so dont give up.

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
ill see wot i can do - i gotta find out some more info first.

i would like to know if there is any one interested tho ?

thanx

kelli

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:
hey Kelli,

I'm glad to see you took my advice
Check out PVCgirl's thread on this subject.

i will cone to your PIP when you set it up.

I am an Angel

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
i know pvcgirl (kyla) but i have been ill so i havent seen her lately.

i am going to talk to her before i arrange a date.

as we are gonna need help.

c u around

kelli

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
stuff tamworth!(no offence)

there needs to be a middlands PIP, not just one in one place,

we deffo ned one in stoke, cos there is load of closet spinners, and we just dont know who we are!

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
if you all hide out in the same closet after pip then you will be sure to know each other next time.

Frazzlemember
105 posts

Posted:
A couple of us Worcestershire lasses would be interested but hows about making it more central (ie.Brum) so that surrounding Midlanders would come along and also it's a much easier place to get to?? Just arrange a PIP anyway,posting details here,and I'm sure when it's been established for a couple of months or so it will grow and grow...

Happiness is a journey,not a destination

bellsmember
35 posts

Posted:
how about a rotating poi in the park? rotherham, stoke, cheshire, brum and YES, even wimpy at Tamworth. It could be the pip roadshow.
I'm already on the case with a couple of manchester / cheshire people and it'd be GREAT to have stuff to look forward to as winter sets in. fire's hot eh?!

*****those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves....******

Axenewbie
28 posts

Posted:
I'm from Loughborough which isn't that great a distance from Tamworth. There's a few of us about here, and I at least would be up for this . Might even be able to persuade one or two others as well!

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Those who are willing to start gatherings should do so, even if they are in neighbouring towns.

As groups establish, it just makes it easier to meet groups and that's what were going for isn't it, lots of styles and spinners in one place?

If a meet only lasts a couple of months due to a neer by one than that's cool, but it would help if we can keep all the details the PIP forum and HoP threads

Hopefully I'll get round quite a few in the coming months and see you in Huddersfield if you venture here

Tinmans heartmember
67 posts

Posted:
Hey Sneaky didnt see you hiding here in the events page!
YAY I IS STILL UP FOR PIP!
anthea is right doesnt matter if only a few come!

xx

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
how about doing your own pip in your area, and then a mass one evry couple of months, in a diff location (the only prob being ppl wont want to go cos of the distance)

out of curiousity, who of you are in local spping clubs, or meet regularly to spinn with others?

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

bellsmember
35 posts

Posted:
for curiosity, if you don't count me 11 year old step brother, the last time i spun with others was in melbourne... we SOOOO need to get a PIP ooop north.

A great big fat and to local PIP's and a mass one changing location. Could be vvvvvv

If I in the country, count me in the park!

*****those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves....******