NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I know there are several active threads about the crisis in NYC right now. Unfortunately, since some of them are becoming political, I am finding them increasingly hard to read. (I’m glad that people are discussing it, I’m just not in an emotional state to participate right now.) Heck, I won't even mind if the moderators lock this one winkI wanted to take a clean thread to say “Thank You” to all of those who posted and emailed their thoughts, wishes, prayers, and condolences on behalf of all of us spinners out here. I just spent the last hour sitting on the corner of Canal St. and West Broadway watching the plumes of smoke fill the sky as the sun set over New Jersey. As one of the few New Yorkers allowed anywhere near downtown (because I live downtown) I walked through the empty streets normally packed with pedestrians. The eerie silence of the streets broken only by of caravans of dump trucks rolling by, full of debris. This was the first time I had been able see it, or rather, not to see it. I can only say that the images on TV do not compare to standing on your street corner in silence and watching the smoke rise. On my walk home I saw two teenagers with signs that said “Thank You” on them. They were standing by the Westside Highway holding them up to the busses of rescue workers that were heading downtown. It must have been the tenth time I was choked up today. I knew there were some people I needed to thank as well.Thank you.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
am speechless.my thoughts are with you.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Like I needed to cry again NYC!My love to you.....>>going to find a tissue now<<

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Please, stop....it is contagiouse....And I don't have any tissues here. My unconditional love goes out to all. PeaceDaniel

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Just glad your ok, just glad your ok...(humbled grin)It was the least any of us could do.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
once again my warmest wishes go out to you and all that have been involved.

anyone got a light?

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
Someone once said "Be excellent to eachother,and poi on dude."Oh wait that was me. Sorry.Our best wishes from Texas.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
To those of you that are near but not in downtown, there are vigils, quilts, and memorials popping up all over the city. I just ran home from Union Square to pick up some candles. If you're near enough to the city and brave enough, perhaps you'd like to see it for yourselves. Union Square, where I spent all summer spinning poi, is the southmost point that is accessable to all people. The street lamp posts and phone booths are being covered in "missing persons" flyers for the thousands that left for work Tuesday morning and have not returned. This is only the beginning of the healing. Sorry guys, I gotta be out there right now...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
heart-felt blessings

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Heart goes out to you! I can't even begin to imagine he scale of it all over there. Im just glad you are all well... love to you GoldenKrispy

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
no words, am stunned. just came back to France from Africa and just could not wait to get to a computer to check if all of you were Ok. realized you are like friends and family to me in a way.soft and tender hugs to you allmuch loveCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"