Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > God's Kitchen - Global Gathering 26th July 2003

Login/Join to Participate

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:
God's Kitchen Global Gathering 26th July 2003 @ Long Marston Airfield, Stratfor-upon-Avon.

Is anyone going.

I am an Angel

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hi Anthea,

I believe I am working so Jo and I should be there doing out stuff.

Liam

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Helllllllll Yeah!

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Yep, shall also be playing with toys and jumping about in 10foot monster costumes....

yippeeeeeeeee!

glad you can both make it Liam and Jo, it involved mucho grande sillyness and debauchery last year so this year we're going out of our way to excell our incredible hammered-ness in celebration of exactly a year of Laura&Pete hehehe (what cheese -yuk!)

See you there...

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Congratulations guys, here's to another

Off to Glastonbury now but still waiting for a reply to my email or pm Laura. I'll be intouch when I get back

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Cool... now just to get there.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Damn it, things like this make me realise how bad it is being a student... lol
Blummin well skint. My money is gong 2wards the Leeds fest

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
got my ticket. wooooo. i month to go.....

hows everyone getting up there?? anyone travelling from surrey?

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Ooops sorry Liam, replying to e-mails has never been a strong point of mine...
Non-Https Image Link

Give me a ring after Glastonbury and we can have a chat about it. You might want to speak to Pete too cos he's always a bit wary of people using footage of his stuff after past experience. I myself don't have a problem with it at all though, your site's looking fantastic too.

Have a wicked time and don't you dare mention how "spectacularlyfantasticallyamazing orbital/hallucinogen/eat static were blah-de-blah blah cos I'll kill you

Ali-birdmember
102 posts

Posted:
I went to this last year with ten friends, and I swear we were looked upon as being freaks for having these spinny colourful things. It took til almost 4am before I saw anyone else with some Poi!! Weird.

Hope there's more spinners there for you this year!!

Why is it that everthing which is fun is illegal, immoral, or fattening?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ill be Going!!!

I heard they have a circus field / fire acts section this year - dont suppose anyone has a mail adress for someone about possibly performing in there?

Would be sweet to have the oppertunity to play with fire at such a fine event!

Bestest

Strugz

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:
Ali-Bird,

Dids the peeoplesess whos was lookings at you have eyeses the sizes of plateses ands was foaming at the mouthses.

I shall be in the Sundissential or a funky house tent and you are alllll well to come and funky with me.

I am an Angel

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
bump

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:

2 DAYS TO GO AND IT'S PARTY TIME

I CANNOT WAIT.

I am an Angel

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
yeah should be a good'un

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Just seen the line up.

Craze, Grooverider, Fabio, Josh Wink, Richie Hawtin, Lab 4 live - Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Jo.

PS. Noona, what time are you guys heading down from Sheffield?

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Wow looks like am gonna get to meet all these people i've been told about! yay!

See ya all soon!

Ads

Is that magnets!?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Bring your devils sticks man, please.

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Tempest, I hardly leave home without them!!!

Plus it's gonna be my First ever fire performance! so am kinda getting antsie about it, butterflies and all!

Have already been demanded to give you hugz from loads of people down here, so i look foward to meeting you. Been hearing loads of stories.

Laters

Ads

Is that magnets!?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
HUGE thanks to Pete and Laura for being ever so bouncey as usual, hugs to all your wonderfull crew and mad costumes

Well it was great to meet you Adam, you got some skills indeedy. Got about 45 mins of footage from the whole thing but none of when we were playing by the tents so still none of you

Always good to see Jez and the rest of the Londoners, if any of the other fire posse reads this, then hey to you guys too.

Yo baby out to the delightfull Anthea, top chick, come and play with us again please. I'll be in touch

Had a cool time apart form the seriously minging mud fest and daft work schedule. Worst thing was the the firey doubles could not be used which was a major arse as they are my thang, best thing was all those faces staring right at you and the tunes pumping.

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah, twas fun.

Thanks to all involved, had a great time chilling and spinning with you all.

Special thanks to Pete & Laura for the gig. Love you both . Your outfits were ace as always, too.

only 3 minor downers:

* Burning my body out before the finale (always going to happen I guess....)

* The mud. That f***ing mud. (always going to happen I guess....)

* The D&B sound system was shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. All I could hear was drum 'n' MC.

As I said though, they're only minor gripes. I had an awesome time - I can still feel the buzz (the natural one, of course )

Jo.

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
What complete and utter madness...

...getting paid to have that much fun

Jumping around like a loon for 14 hours non-stop in front of thousands of people is enough to kill anyone though! I was just pleased I didn't collapse this time.

Glad you guys had fun and sorry I wasn't very sociable, especially sorry to Anthea who I didn't really get chance to say hello properly to, my head gets stuck in work mode and it's hard to snap out of it.

Jo you made me chuckle when you popped your head out of your tent and told us that nothing anyone had said for the past couple of hours had made any sense whatsoever (which was probably true) I had no idea you were all in your tents otherwise we wouldn't have sat there for so long with Big Grey shrieking and brandishing saucepans. Sorry

Hope at least a small portion of this made sense, I wouldn't know, I can't read.

Hugs

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Laura,

It could have easily been my fault for it not making sense too...
Seemed pretty random to Anthea too though so probably a bet of both, eh?
The best tangents were shooting off at about 7am. Was great listening!

Jo.

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Had an absolutely wicked time, loved seeing all you peeps. Still buzzing from performing right next to grooverider. Oh and doing fire on the main stage. 'Twas great.

Hopefully get the photos Nick took, online by midweek.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD

Liam, Jo, Aiden, Rick, thank you sooooooo much for letting me stay with you guys. i had a wicked time. The discussions outside made me laugh, Men talking about crop tops. The D & B tent was good (i could have danced all morning)but the system was crap, you'd expect better.

i hope to see you all soon.

I am an Angel

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Was wicked meeting all you lovely people

Was nice to finally be able to put faces to all you guys that i have been told about for so long.

Glad to hear you had as good a time as I did, and Tut Tut at Tempest for not filming more .

Till next time.

Ads

Is that magnets!?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I got 45 mins of footage

I can only film what is around and you seemd to dissapear into the night and then all the tents were gone in the morning.

Unless we slep for two days?, hmm

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Yeah that confused the hell out of me too, all the tents were gone so I asked what day it was and then had to think carefully whether there were actually any tents there in the first place?

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
and Anthea, "Men talking about crop tops" ???

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
LOL

We left at about mid day Sunday, we had to get up early coz Ogre was having his car towed. Remember he broke down 2 miles from the site on the Friday night!

Would have said goodbye, but thought it would be rude to awaken you guys.

See you some time soon.

Ads

Is that magnets!?