Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Samothraki Festival 28th Aug - 3rd Sept

Login/Join to Participate

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Anyone going to Samothraki?

(Week long psy trance festivaly sunshiney madness on a beautiful greek island woowoo!)

I'm soooo very excited

www.samothrakidancefestival.com

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
I'm there !!!!

can't wait either...
theres already a short samothraki 2003 thread from a few weeks ago but hey..tis about time for another roll call!

oh my god im so excited and its still months away.......
for 1 whole week!

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Is this any good? What's the music like? I checked the site but it's pretty vague and I don't recognise the dj/acts.

How are you guys getting there. What are the people like. Sell it to me

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Actually now I notice Noona said Psy-Trance. Well is it good anyway then is it?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
the line up is amazing- loads of well known psy trance acts. 7,000 people, the main stage is on the beach..crystal clear waters....camping....a whole week....hot and sunny....mmmmmmmm
just have a look at the photots of last years festival on accessallareas.org. they will persuade u. its going to be so amazing. mind u its not cheap to get there. flight approx 200 quid...fly to thessonoliki then overnight train then a boat to samothraki island. but soooooooooooooooooooo worth it.
oh and the island is paradise...mts, waterfalls etc...
will think of other reasons why u should come soon....(apart from aloott of beautiful places to poi)

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Hallucinogen! Eat Static! Bamboo Forest! Space Tribe!

Wow!

and ditto to all the lovelyness holly mentioned too.
I think it's nearer to fly to Kavala though and then get a train/bus/taxi to Alexandroupoli for the boat.

I'm going to have to be bound to a chair for the next couple of months at the risk of breaking things with all this bouncing around in excitement.

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
I've found flights from heathrow to kavala for £280, the ticket is £83 and a boat from Kavala Port to Samothraki is about £15 I think.
So thats about £378 to get there and get in which is quite good I think.

Anybody else going, anybody fancy trying to meet up in Kavala or in heathrow or at the festival itself?????????

I'm really up for it and may leave my job early to go (was going to leave at the end of sept to goto to uni but hey, life is to be lived yah)

Peace

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
that doesnt sound too bad..its abit less for me but i still have to get the 5 hr train to port.

YOU HAVE TO COME!!!!!

money well spent

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Rainbow Jemmember
5 posts

Posted:
I'll be there!!! It's the only reason Im not to depressed bout not being at Glasto!!! Anyone going to Liquid Connective 3 day party the weekend before - Infected Mushroom OUTDOORS!! Then 7 days at Samothraki....I've died and gone to heaven!!!!

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
grrr im so annoyed im missing the liquid connective thingy i fly the day it starts dammit and infected mushroom hardly ever play in the uk at the mo..grrrr...

but im secretely hoping they will be surprise visitors to samothraki !!!! (we can but hope.....)
that would be so cool.......

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
oh and i have to agree...samothraki is getting me thru this painfull weekend far far away from glastonbury. im gonna watch it on tv in a mo....get myself wrapped up in my sleeping bag....maybe set up my tent in the garden..have a few drinks and wipe abit of mud on me. maybe ill feel better then.

ahhhhh we will be feeling so refreshed and alive next week whilst 150 thousand people have the worst post festival blues of the year!!!! thats so mean of me......

119 posts

Posted:
Or its muchhhhhhhh cheaper to fly to Athens then get a bus from there to a port, like £150 for the flight and apparently only about £15 for the coach according to my Greek workmate (who is very jelous I'm going and he aint, lol)

Hope to see you all there, and keep in touch here yah, oh and would anybody like to give me some more info bout the Liquid Connective party????

Peace and

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
friday 22nd august Liquid Connective Psychedelic Gathering.
LIVE acts confirmed :
Infected Mushroom (bne - israel) LIVE psytrance and exclusive Infected Liquid chillout performance
Bio-Tonic (solstice - france)
Total Eclipse (tip world - france)
Shakta vs Digitalis (dragonfly) exclusive set
Eskimo (phantasm)
Psycraft (hommega - israel)
Sesto Sento (compact/alchemy rec)
Protoculture (nano records - south africa)
Viktan (optica/ajuca)
Jumanji (alchemy rec)
Shamaniacs (liquid connective - finland)
Oood/Unconscious Collective (transient/flying rhino)
Digital Mystery Tour (twisted - france)
Ott (twisted)
Pitchblack (dubmisison rec - n.zealand)
The Egg (twisted)
Toires (dakini rec - france)
Elohim (liquid connective rec)
Spacious Mechanix (liquid connective rec)
Asimilon (liquid connective rec)
Slack Baba (liquid connective rec)
please note - this event will be a private event for full Liquid Connective members only.

www.liquidconnective.org
will be in south east of england somewhere probably

119 posts

Posted:
Cheers Holly your a star

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
quote:
Infected Mushroom OUTDOORS!!

Bloody hell I nearly had a heart attack when you said that. I'm there for sure

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yum, yum, VERY delish!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Ictusmember
60 posts

Posted:
Phatness! Will be good to meet fellow spinners on the paradise island that is Samothraki! Allready have my festival ticket, just about to book the flight. Can't wait!

Wintermute, do you know whether those bus and boat journeys you mentioned can be booked in advance? I expect there will be thousands of energised festival goers turning up on the 26/27th fighting for a place on the boat!

Art is a re-creation of the world according to the artist's metaphysical value-judgements -Ayn Rand

Time is the fire in which we burn -Gene Roddenberry

119 posts

Posted:
Okay folks useful info flying your way:

www.easyjet.com cheapest flight I've found £125 to Athens
www.ktel.org this is the greek bus company, they do air-con buses to Alexandroupolis for about £30, the bus journey takes 12 hours, or you can fly from Athens to Alexandroupolis with Olympic Airways for about £80 (much quicker)
Buy tickets for the boat from Alexandroupolis to Samothraki from www.samothrakidancefestival.org for £18

I think that just about covers it (all info helpfully provided by Stefanos, my new best greek friend )

Um I'll probably bring some sort of banner saying "HOP Over Here" or something, and I'm up for meeting up at any stage of the journey, just post here or drop me a mail: joncloud_999@yahoo.co.uk

Excellent, anything else just let me know.

and

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
wicked!
fingers crossed we'll be confirmed to be performing there soonish...
if we are, then look out for FlameOz....a 5 person fire show that should rock the show for you!
*pleezepleezepleeze*
dave

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Only 1 Month to go everyone.

See you all in paradise.

Hey Knoxious, I'll definately keep an eye out for ya - do you know if we can get fire water on the island?

They won't let me take it on the plane

Anyone up for a little mooch through europe.

After the festi i'll be travelling up to Croatia, then over to Damanhur in northern Italy https://www.damanhur.org/

Then I'll be meandering back through europe to the UK.

Take it easy...

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
boing boing boing yippeeee! nearly samothraki time.... woowooooo

(I'm not excited or anything)