Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Planet Angel - This Friday (13th June)

Login/Join to Participate

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Anyone? Anyone?

https://www.planetangel.net/?nextparty.htm

To anyone whose been, i assume that security won't confiscate my electroglo?

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
planet angel is pretty groovy and poi friendly and doesn't try and segregate "performers" from "clubbers"/"audience" - the new venue is supposed to have more space too.

i won't be going but have fun flid there'll definitely be other twirlers there.

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Wow, that sounds like alot of fun Clubs around here arn't really the place for poi, nothing intentional, it just doesn't work very well. Space wise it doesn't work and the kandi kid image causes many people to have a bad opinion of spinning. Which is understandable since the whole kandi/exstacy thing has pretty much destroyed our out of club scene. It'd be cool to have more public space to do poi.

twirlywhirlyfiregirlie (nancy)member
78 posts

Posted:
PK here, cant be arsed to sign nancy out...

stuff planet angel, i went last month or when ever cost 12 quid to get in there and spent all night spinning out side cos they wouldnt let us spin inside.... waste of time.

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Yep i Second PK's oppinion was at the same one, the outdoor party on sat is a much better option for this w/e and will probably cost you about the same!

Ads

Is that magnets!?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
you could be right

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Trust me flid, adam normally is right

bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
though was good to spend time spinning with ads, euan, dub, glass and whom ever else was angeling it that night.

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
I've been to Planet Angel a few times and although they have confiscated my beaming balls (understandable really) they seem to be cool with electroglo, and staff, devil stick etc.

First few times I went we were allowed to spin indoors but last time (when I met PK, DsAds, SpiralX et al) they were trying to sort out a way for spinners to learn/share knowledge.

However I agree with PK that it sucked eggs to spend £12 getting in to end up being outside most of the night. Made talking easier though.

More importantly though, the outdoor party tomorrow should be much more fun.

Hopefully see some of you there.

p.s. for those of you that recieve Planet Angel mailouts, does the idea of of spinning for 1 min in a circle of other spinners sound somewhat, well, crap?

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
You spin in front of everyone there in the main room

"Moo," said the happy cow.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Planet Angel is a good club night. Really nice atmosphere, friendly people and 3 rooms of varied music.
The problem with a lot of clubs is that there's very little room in them, and spinners take up a lot of room. Really, compare it to a dancer and you'll see it really is a lot of space. The Planet Angel crowd contains a lot of spinners (Angel, one of the 2 core organisers spins). However because of this there's a lot of people who would like to spin inside and it's just not possible. So they decided to enforce a no spinning inside rule but give over a part of the outside area to poi. What other club does this? When I go I spend 80% of my time in the garden, and I always have a good night. I'd be there tonight if I could afford it

As to one minute spinning in front of a club full of people, live drumming for your music, well, if it doesn't appeal then don't do it. But why piss on somebody else's parade? Last time we did this a lot of people loved it and had a wicked one minute, which is why they're doing it again.

Any more questions?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
one minute.

Just enough time for all your moves innit Rasclatt

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
you could fit all the moves you've ever taught me in to 30 seconds of it too