• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > London Poi in the Park - November 1st Special Guests

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...13141516
Dom
BRONZE Member since Dec 2001

Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3009
Posted:Autumn is well and truly here and winter is approaching rapidly. And so PiP shall hibernate until next year.

But not without one last spin on a winter's day! On November 1st we have some special guests in town:
Cassandra - Exquisitely beautiful dancer and world famous French Frog
Shibaki - Barefooted extraordinaire from Florida
PK - Pierced wonder and founder of PiP
Nat - The spinning angel with a killer smile

So to celebrate we're going to hope the sun shines and have a PiP!

Thanks to everyone who made it down to PiP this year, espically you hardcore spinners who were there come rain, wind and cold! It's been a wicked summer!

[ 19. October 2003, 03:22: Message edited by: Dm ]

Delete Topic

Matthew B-M

Matthew B-M

Lemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative

Total posts: 605
Posted:Aiming to be there at 3:30-4ish, in time to get some devil-sticking in before it gets dark. I should have made some fudgy stuff.

Oh well, look forward to seeing people. Good luck with the move, guys

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Delete

Sir_Sheep

Sir_Sheep

old hand

Total posts: 725
Posted:According to the BBC its gunna be a sunny/cloudy, but not wet day!!

Looking out of my window atm, I can reaffirm that

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

Delete

flid
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3136
Posted:horray!

i'm just working off the rest of my hangover by sitting in a dark room with a computer , then aim to be there by 5

Delete

flid

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:Piccies!

http://photos.offline.org.uk/showgallery.php?galleryid=123
br>
Mucho fun, when's the next?

Delete

Matthew B-M

Matthew B-M

Posted:I think someone might have mistakenly walked off with my fleece. Vaguely more importantly, it has my cellphone in it. This is fairly identifiable as mine because it says "colondot.net" on the front. If you have it, please PM or email me.

Cheers

Luv 'n' Lemons

Delete

Sir_Sheep

Sir_Sheep

old hand

Posted:Great pics Flid. Shame about the spelling.

Mucho fun with the green flames

Sorry Matthew, but Jez and myself left fairly early, didn't see any fleeces around. Hopefully someones picked it up and kept it safe.

Great night people. Here's to next year

Delete

Pink...?
BRONZE Member since Apr 2002

Pink...?

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured

Total posts: 6140
Posted:Yikes Matthew Lets hope it turns up soon. Have you tried ringing it and seeing who answers?

Anyway had a great night, lovely meeting new people and thank you Woodnymph for the rose quartz - i tried it last night under my pillow and it worked . Thank you Bovril for my balloon flower and Frosteypaw for my pink glostick

Oh and Flid - 90 more to go

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Delete

Matthew B-M

Matthew B-M

Posted:Yup, first thing I tried, but now it seems to be going straight to answerphone... Could possibly have run out of battery.

Luv 'n' Lemons

Delete

flid

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:sorry mate, didn't see it when i left at about 10.40 (you were still there at the time). I remember you looking for it earlier one

Delete

Dirty Marmite Spider

Dirty Marmite Spider

Climbing up my leg

Total posts: 141
Posted:Hello,

I had a great time, if a little cold (Flids beasts soon sorted that out). It was lovely to meet some more of you.

Flid - Thanks for all the introductions, and the excellent pictures.

MBM - Hope you find it, I didn't see it either. Have you been back to look. Sounds stupid I know but my mate left her phone under a bush in the park and it was still there three days later (not working though )

Alice - Notice how in the pictures it says 'Jon demonstrates his manlyness' - Who built the fire in the first place??

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:quote:Originally posted by )spanner(:

If I am feeling better by this weekend I'll be there I wasn't Sorry Pink! Was really looking forward to seeing you all again. But I'll be feeling better after having root canal surgery tomorrow so I'll keep my eye on what's happening post-Clapham

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

Pink...?

Pink...?

Posted:Spanner It was a shame you weren't there, but i do hope you feel better soon.

DMS - True! Who were the ones who went off and gathered the sticks to start it, and then later on to keep it going longer?
It was great meeting you

Delete

Matthew B-M

Matthew B-M

Posted:Let's be fair here, Uninspiring Cut-Out Fairy and I did haul the remains of the hawthorn over to the fire too...

(oh, and why did you have to pick "UCOF", Jon they're such hard initials to do anything with!)

Luv 'n' Lemons

Delete

Sir_Sheep

Sir_Sheep

old hand

Posted:Who chose hawthorn to burn? I bet it's just coincidence that hawthorn is in fact the hottest burning native English wood.

Delete

The_Pirate_Dyke_Boy

The_Pirate_Dyke_Boy

HOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty

Total posts: 1079
Posted:helloo and thanks to all that were there

unfortunatly thanks to public frikin transport i was there quite late so i missed sheepy and jez.

but it was fantabulous seeing all of those who i havnt seen for ages (even if u didnt recognise me...) and i cant wait to meet up with all of you again!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

Delete

Sir_Sheep

Sir_Sheep

old hand

Posted:Shame you missed us DB, we had green fire

Delete

coleman
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

coleman

big and good and broken

Total posts: 7330
Posted:turned up well late (due to a protesting spiderman on tower bridge), burnt my fingers, went home.

'twas lovely to see the few of you that i did manage to catch though and more than worth it to witness yoB mallS spinning ropes in his schoolboymungus shorts

until next year people

Non-Https Image Link

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Delete

Dirty Marmite Spider

Dirty Marmite Spider

Climbing up my leg

Posted:Matthew - Maybe you and UCOF did hijack our fire but Alice and I built the stable base which kept the logs hot, and it looked pretty. I think that means we win hands down.

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:quote:Originally posted by Dirty Marmite Spider:

Alice - Notice how in the pictures it says 'Jon demonstrates his manlyness' - Who built the fire in the first place?? thats just plain rude!

a display of manlyness you want? try two weeks ago...

i missioned it all the way up from canterbury to Pip...and only 2 other people turned up...including Kat who i had arranged to meet there anyway..

and i built a kick ass fire!

just ask kat or MBM!

So dont give me that manlyness bullshite....

Delete

Dirty Marmite Spider

Dirty Marmite Spider

Climbing up my leg

Posted:Aww Jon, only teasing!!

I was very impressed with your twig snapping skills (All very hunter gatherer ). Speaking of which, i've got four rather large splinters trapped in my left hand from the hawthorn. It may burn well but it's a f*cking pain in the arse to break up.

Delete

Pink...?

Pink...?

Posted:Um...yeah sorry about the whole not recognising you L.L

Delete

sunbeam
SILVER Member since Nov 2001

sunbeam

old hand

Total posts: 1032
Posted:it was really lovely to see everyone again and meet some more HoP people.

Cheers guys

Non-Https Image Link

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Delete

Shibaki

enthusiast

Total posts: 309
Posted:i have to say that london is awesome...err... pardon me.. london is the dogs bollocks and filled completely with an awesome crowd.

thanks to everyone i met and didnt meet but saw, time so short and little legroom in the havens of clapham

cheers till next summer

Wow

Delete

joe_sixsteps

joe_sixsteps

mULti-torTOISe

Total posts: 310
Posted:Well, HELLO EVERYONE, it was wonderful to meet you all. This may be a bit of a long post, but, who cares?

Pink...?; I was awestruck by your hunter gatherer skills there... nice twigs... I'm sorry I didn't sing you the dying frog song after all. But it was for the best.

Matthew B-M, hope I haven't stolen your fleece man (see PM) and good wilderness skills as well.

UCOF, your breasts really do look smaller in real life. That's the last time I trust the internet.

Glss, thank you for the tea and the talking, thank you and Dom both for giving me a bit of history in regard to some of the other... er... debates I'm having on this site.

Tia, thank you for the alcoholic beverages and the chocolate.

Kat, I found it so reassuring that you don't fancy your siblings. I'm sleeping better at night now.

Bovril, wow! That penis of yours is huge!*

Sunbeam, if I'm not down to Canterbury as soon as I get my hands on some of the spendable stuff, then I'll eat my hat...

...or Martins instead: thanks for the directions on Monday. I found a shower in the end, but it was a mission and a half. Gypsum, gr.

SpacemonkE, that was some cracking meteor advice of yours! Just lopping a bit off the chain has made a huge difference.

I'm a bit lame, but I've forgotten your name I'm afraid: the guy in the frighteningly un-warm looking sleeveless top. Thank you for your meteor advice as well, my mentor: can't quite do the side-side one hand butterfly of yours yet, but I have broken my kitchen window!

Dirty Marmite Spider, I shall be in touch next time I pass through Oxford. May be there this weekend, you up for a spin?

Flid, thank you for letting me play with your flids. Wow, this whole post sounds like a tortured euphamism for an orgy.

Coleman, nice to meet you, you still abiding?

Jez & Sheep, nice green! So, this lab you work in... I mean... can you get pretty much whatever you want from there?

Cassandra, I love the way you spin! You look so happy when you're spinning.

Frostypaw... Dykeboy... the Ninjas... Helsbels... BamBam... Amber... wow, so many of you all. And all the people who's names I've forgotten as well... I'm so lame. It was wonderful to meet you all! I'm still confused, as I've only just made it home, and I haven't had a shower or a coffee yet. Had a very strange weekend, which culminated in me missing the last train back to Sevenoaks on Monday night because I went to Richmond by accident with John Hannah. That's a story for another post, though: this one has dragged on for too long already.

See you all again soon.

*The... er... one on the balloon man of you.

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

Delete

coleman
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

coleman

big and good and broken

Total posts: 7330
Posted:quote:Originally posted by joe_sixsteps:
Coleman, nice to meet you, you still abiding?
i am indeed joe - all day, every day man

twas good to meet you even if it was only for those two minutes!

and apologies for my deaf stoner impression

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Delete

Sir_Sheep

Sir_Sheep

old hand

Posted:Fraid not. But trying to source some myself anyway.

Wahay chemicals!

Delete

joe_sixsteps

joe_sixsteps

mULti-torTOISe

Total posts: 310
Posted:But I LIKED your deaf stoner impression. You make it look so natural and easy. Tee hee.

If you do manage to get hold of any chemicals Mr Sheep, I'm well up for having some and then showing you MY deaf stoner impression... or something like it.
joe_lessthanan

[ 05. November 2003, 02:35: Message edited by: joe_sixsteps ]

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

Delete

Sir_Sheep

Sir_Sheep

old hand

Posted:As and when I manage to get hold of and sucessfully implement different coloured flames, I'll let people know.

But no luck with finding a company willing to supply individuals yet.

Delete

flid

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:>Flid, thank you for letting me play with your flids

Feel free to post a user report here: http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=001209

Delete

Cassandra

Cassandra

Froggie ... Ribbit !!!

Total posts: 4224
Posted:Hey everybodypeeps

just a quick one to send the love to the peeps i had a chance of hugging at the PIP on saturday.

UCOF, Bovril Monkey, Simian, Matthew It was lovely to meet you and or see you again you sexy beasts

Joe, lovely to meet you thank you for coming to London to play with us.

Flid you sweet one I wish I had had more time to chat with you but lovely to hug you and thanks for the Flynt hug delivery

Pink POi would have loved to have more time with you little princess but next time we will play together some more

Sunbeam lovely energy adn smile sorry for lackage of time to chat ...

DSADS... possibly opne of the only peeps that make me like devil stick, wonderfull watching you

Lolli THANK YOU FOR COMING and thank you for the hugs and please keep writing I love you

Dromepixie... wanna have a beer with you tonight

Coleman do you still do poi or has juggling gotten to you ??? can i see you tonight pweeese ???
hoping smallboy will be there as well

Bam Bam hug you at coffee time today and yaya hells bells will be there too

KAT hope to chat with you tonight at SPits

as for Dom and Glass , PK and Nat, shibaki ... not much more to say than that : I LOVE YOU with all my heart thank you for the crazy good time

i love london

shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Delete

Page: 1...13141516