Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > stoke poi? does it exist, or shall i not bother?

Login/Join to Participate

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok, i have never seen poi in anynight club i go to in stoke, EVER!

so after comming back to stoke form sheffiled, (were poi is frequent, and often) there is no way i can learn, get better, or even meet up and talk and play!

is there any poi out there in stoke, or is it just me?

step

Step (el-nombrie)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
dude, i'm really really drunk, so maybe this post is like, nonsense......

but, basically a few years ago i realised that if i'm not the person who makes the first step, the person who oragnises things etc that no one else will. Poi in stroke? who knows. But If you don't take the initiative to start it, then there willl probably never be anything. After all "if not me, then who?"

Basically go for it. I mean, i practice poi everyday anyway. If theres another person practiceing it with me then thats cool. Thus far after arranging weekly meets i've had loads of 'meets' where i've been the only person turn up, but i've also had up to 12 people out having a good time who i've never never met before

So, yeah, go for it. Whatever happens, print out some a4 posters, put them up in pubs etc and if you even get one other poier then you'd doing good

best of luck

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i know there's at least a few good spinners @ the university (although they may well be finishing their courses soon, i'm not sure...).

if you go for the poster idea, make sure you ask the uni to put some up too.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thats my probelm, i aint one of teh pl who cares what ppl think, so im gonna be happy to go into clubs, and onto teh streets and do it, but i cant read and learn, i find it musc better to learn from some one!

i tryed to do teh alt butterfly, and its was hard, but i got the weave in about 15mins, cos some one told me rarther than from txt!

can you tell ppl at teh uni about home of poi?

so we can meet?

step

Step (el-nombrie)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
they know about hop but don't have much time to spend on here.

i do know that the guys there spend most of their net time on www.psy-forum.co.uk.

if you go there and intro yourself as looking for poi people near stoke you might find some of them there... still, i reckon your best bet is visiting the uni. good luck.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood