Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi in the Park - Huddersfield - West Yorkshire

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Okey Dokey, it's about time we started a PIP in Huddersfield since there are more spinners emerging round these parts. Now Pk has moved to Edinburgh and Josh and Kate have continued their travels I really need people to play in the summer sun with. Everyone of any spinny level is welcome to come and learn or teach and generally have a great time.

There is a groovy and large park about 5 mins away from the bus station and abou 7 mins from the train staion too.

The Sheffield PIP started with just a couple of spinners and the last one I went to had about 70 and I met some of the most lovely people through it so if you are interested, post here or pm me or email or whatever.

edit* maps and directions are now up on the events section of the new www.poiinthepark.co.uk site by our very own Rasclatt.

Saturday 21st June, by the bandstand at the centre of the park 4pm till bored/cold/run out of fuel/hungry/thirsty/burnt

There is also a new forum for people to break the ice or to find out who they want to steer clear from

hope to see you for a spin
Liam

[ 20. June 2003, 07:17: Message edited by: TEMPEST ]

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:
Good Morning everyone

The next Huddersfield Pip will be on Sat 20th September 2003.

I can't wait.

See you all then

I am an Angel

bellsmember
35 posts

Posted:
gutted gutted gutted, MISSED IT! and to top it off its not looking good for Sept 20th.

HOWEVER.... a few of us mancy's have arranged something for week on sunday - the 14th - so if any of you fancy heading the other way we can be all poitastic together.

come on, you know you want to!

if not, hope the huddersfield becomes a regular one and WILLLLLL see you there. Honest!

*****those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves....******

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
After much changes and blaa blaa blaa, I would love to come. I'll see what I can do. Sorry cant get any mates to come... (wot mates?)

Tempest any chance u could PM me?

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
hope every one has a great time.

i dont think that i can come again as anthea has not been in touch with me.

sorry - i miss every one

kelli

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:

i was just wondering has anybody seen fluffy poi.

Hey Kelli,

how is you, if you want a lift up north to lovely Huddersfield then call, txt or email me. but be warned i am stopping.

Lots of hugs to everyone

i can't wait to see you all.

I am an Angel

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I havent heard owt of Helen recently, I'll gie her a bell and see what she's up to. And I spotted another spinner when I'd finished work and walked past Abes in Hudds... I had to have a spin. I should tell him abt this if I c him agen.

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:
hi Snowy,

definately tell him, the more the merrier.

I am an Angel

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I should bring my lovely hippy friend Gennivive... (cant even spell her name right)
She had a quick spin on mine and she'd prob like seeing some good spinners. We had some right fun at Leeds and Reading Festivals... she was a free hug person... I was more on the recieving end, but I was the weird one who looked out for spinning glowsticks and proceeded to bounce around the tents to see. I found an actual fire staffer and then we had our paraffin confiscated... was well gutted.

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
20th sounds good. See y'all there...

Anyone who is trying to contact the Tempests will struggle because their computer is still broke

Feel free to contact me if you need to know anything, and I can (hopefully) help or I can get in touch with Liam for you.

See you soon, Peeps.
Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

poirob2member
43 posts

Posted:
Might have to pop over and see what all this PIP crazyness is all about. Have heard the the ones in sheffield were a good crack but haven't been able to make it to one yet, so Ill come see you guys instead !!! Just wondering if i could nick someones fire poi for a bit, as the local scallys who watch me pratice behind my house have nicked mine out of my shed !!!!!
ROB

Is this were Im supposed to write something interesting.....errmm.........AVOCARDO!!!!!!

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
It turns out that I am working again so I cant come... however I will have an hours break somewhere so I mite pop up for a bit.

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Poirob2,

There will be toys.

Ohhhhhhh yes.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

poirob2member
43 posts

Posted:
Cool! I've been without flame for FAR too long now and its doing my nut !!! Look forward to meeting you too

Is this were Im supposed to write something interesting.....errmm.........AVOCARDO!!!!!!

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
and yet poirob has still not shown his face

Next PIP hudds is the 18th oct. 5pm onwards, meet by the bandstand in the centre of Greenhead Park

If all goes to plan and the weather is not evil, we should have a few guests from the local kung fu club and Hudds Uni juggling society

If Jo does his bit - new toys

If a motherboard mends my puter - an new PIP video.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
temepst i just hurt my fingure, i just pulled a small spinter if matal looking stuff out if my lil fingure, it hurting now

can i have a hug, i didnt getone from you or anyone when i bust my lip!?!

please temepst!?1 and anyone else, its starting to hurt:crying:

later days guys

Step (el-nombrie)

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Right I shud be coming too... after all the stress of evil ex's all I wanna do is spin with nice people... I think I'm turning Hippy 2... since my poi are starting to look a bit knacked now I bought some UV sensitive ones 2.... Hurraah! U showin up Anthea?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hey snowy, hows the art going?

Step (el-nombrie)

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Fine thanky v much... plus Warehouse, Elements bar and Visage have shown interest in me spinning fire for em, well Elements want me to do a charity spin for em and they want me for more... I'm not even that good.... lol

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
WOW cool, what r u gonna do, take them up on it?or say NO NO YOU EVIL PEOPLE!

it dont matter how good you are, so long as you care enought to do it and do it in a proffessional way thats all that counts!

Step (el-nombrie)

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Well I have found out more info that I should join some agencies because of insurance reasons, plus u get paid more... I'm suprised they have been so enthusiastic...

Page: