Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi in the Park - Huddersfield - West Yorkshire

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Okey Dokey, it's about time we started a PIP in Huddersfield since there are more spinners emerging round these parts. Now Pk has moved to Edinburgh and Josh and Kate have continued their travels I really need people to play in the summer sun with. Everyone of any spinny level is welcome to come and learn or teach and generally have a great time.

There is a groovy and large park about 5 mins away from the bus station and abou 7 mins from the train staion too.

The Sheffield PIP started with just a couple of spinners and the last one I went to had about 70 and I met some of the most lovely people through it so if you are interested, post here or pm me or email or whatever.

edit* maps and directions are now up on the events section of the new www.poiinthepark.co.uk site by our very own Rasclatt.

Saturday 21st June, by the bandstand at the centre of the park 4pm till bored/cold/run out of fuel/hungry/thirsty/burnt

There is also a new forum for people to break the ice or to find out who they want to steer clear from

hope to see you for a spin
Liam

[ 20. June 2003, 07:17: Message edited by: TEMPEST ]

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Hell yes.

looking forward to seeing you all.

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Tempest!
Hey dude how's it hanging?
Just relocated to batley, and huddersfield aint that far - will have to try and get across to you's for a poi in the park now I'm no longer one of those sheffield peeps. keep me informed dude

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I'm looking forward to meeting you Cornet and Kelli, hope you can make it.

Shame Vanessa but grad ball is only once in your life so have a smashing time you won't forget.

Spiral? really? whats the deal dude, PM me or email me with your story. It will be good to see you ya big lanky layabout, if you need a place to crash then I can probably offer some floor but we won't have the lovely caranvan available I'm afraid. Any troubles getting here and just let me know, but its easy really. Again, PM or email me if you need my number.

See you there everyone, should be a good one.

Gingerninjamember
20 posts

Posted:
Hiya (Hi T better late than never x)

I really really enjoyed the last poi in the park, good chance to play with jo's toys of death! and it was really nice to meet you anthea and your sister too, say hi for me.

I'm definetley going to be there this saturday, should be good. Hope the weather is better mind you might be quite dramatically fun to spin in a a thunderstorm.

Even under it's burden, the soul awakes and sings. - C.A.Sainte-Beuve

cornetmember
11 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by TEMPEST:
I'm looking forward to meeting you Cornet and Kelli, hope you can make it.

Yup should be there.. Can't stay late unfortunatly as mates birthday..

Will come along for a few hours

Cornet

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Not sure I can make it tommorrow dude, it's one of those things where i'm only going to know 5 minutes beforehand what's happening, but I will let you know. As for my story.... I'll not hog the thread with it here, but all will be revealed. PLus I got an internet connection now so I will be about and contactable! So I'll hopefully see you soon, From one lanky Liam to another!

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I dont want any excuses Spiral, I even sorted you a sofa bed out so now you have to come

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I was the one who popped up briefly to say hello then go to work.
Anyways maybe another time.

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Sorry i missed yet another one, hope it went well Liam, i'll be there one day!

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

cornetmember
11 posts

Posted:
Pitty I couldn't have stayed longer

hope there is some good pics and video..

Cornet

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Thanks to everyone who came to spin and relax in the park, great turn out for such a young gathering.

Good to meet you Nathan, hopefully get a chance to spin over the next couple of weeks before you scuttle off to Loughborough. Good night in town?

Sorry you got home so late Kelli and Anthea but it was lovely to play in the sun with you too, your both welcome anytime. See you at the glbal gathering A

Secured that new server space today so by the end of the week I should have some bits of footage thrown together for you to see, some of the later footage was really good. And we used the sparkley poi over some water

and a skate park

more when I get round to it

cornetmember
11 posts

Posted:
Yer good to meet everyone.

Good night was had in town.. Will def sort out a spin before i bugger off.

Cornet

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
thank you guys for having me

i had a great time and seen lots of new things and cant wait till the next one.

thanx again

kelli

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone

It was nice to see you all again, playing in the sun, lazing on the grass , listening to some tunes. I can't wait til the next one see you then. Jo,Tempest & Aiden (if you're going) see you at GGG 2003.

I am an Angel

Gingerninjamember
20 posts

Posted:
Hello

Must say i really enjoyed the spinnage was great to feel so spinnily inspired on such a nice day, and being involved in the dubious skate park escapade, nice one Jo.

It was lovely to meet you again Anthea and you too keli, hopefully see you at the next gathering.

p.s I hope you got some footage of the wonderfully springy mr Padi on the vid Tempest!

Even under it's burden, the soul awakes and sings. - C.A.Sainte-Beuve

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Why are youu calling me Tempest, don't you know me by now

The video is edited and yes there is plenty of footage of the talented Paddy/Padi/Paddi (will ask him about the spelling).

The main trouble was I really enjoyed the footage and editing and, erm, I kinda have a movie instead of video

At just under 20 minutes it is a fat download but I am compressing now to see what I can do about that. Probably gonna chop into 4 bits too.

Can't host till later in the week but Jez has offered to help out if I can behave with bandwidth so watch this space.

You all look great on film apart from Cornet as he ran off to get pissed and Kelli as you managed to avoid the camera even better than me. Watch close and you are in ther at least twice, just.

Hugs and sunny spinnage to all
Liam

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
knickers

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Okely dokely,

The delightfull Mr Jez ahs hosted the PIP video feature length epic. Go here to Jez's site and then to vids of course.

The version I have is 254mb and the downloadable one is 50mb and not stunning quality. You have to watch it postcard size to see the glo stuff at all. I put it on as this was the only footage of me as I was behind the camera all the time.

I believe all the tunes are mixed up or I have lied about the names unintentionally cos Jo is a poo face.

Faces at the start in order are:

Jo, Anthea, Me, Dan, Kelli, Angie, Aiden, Cornet and no pic off Paddy im afraid but hes the one jumping about like a ninja.

Special prize for guessing which spaz makes the guest appearanmce as a ninja too.

enjoy, comments and suggestions welcomed as usual.

Liam

cornetmember
11 posts

Posted:
Not enough of me... oh wait, no thats a good thing

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Fantastic video , looks really professional. It looks like you had loads of fun too, i thought the kids were hysterical. Overall i thought it was great, really gave a good impression of a good PiP, Well done!

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
hi every one i have finally seen the video - it is great my mum was really impressed too.

Could wioth some one putting dates on this thread too, guys. (hint, hint)

hope to see every one soon

from me

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Next Huddersfield PIP is 16 August.

This weekend!

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
We might be coming, wwooohhhhhhhhoooooooooooo!!!
can't wait.

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
We are coming this saturday, yaaaaaay.
Is the start time 5ish???. And whereabouts in the park do you meet exactly?.
Cant wait, im all excited nowwwww.

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
hi every one

im sorry to say that unfortunately i cant come.

me and my boy friend were coming with anthea but she is staying at a hotel and we cant afford it.

so this is my 'hi' for saturday.

hope you all have a great time.

luv kelli

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:

I am an Angel

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
BUUUUUUUUUUUMP!

sorry you can't make it, Kelli.

Maybe next time...

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Another good one.

Huddersfield was introduced to my 29" wheel unicycle and we all had a good spin.

The fire spin was great with three different types of rope poi, double staff, meteors and various electrical glow stuff.

Nice to meet everyone there, sorry I was too busy spinning and unicycling round the park to talk much. Hope you can all make it to this weeks Sheffield PIP.

Thanks to Liam for organising it and to Andy (ultravioletgoblin) for getting us there and back, much appreciated.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Saturday was really fantastic, i had a great time. It was great meeting everyone. Thanx for a wicked time everyone.
Thanx to Drew for driving us down, really appreciate it . And thanks to everyone there who made me feel so welcome. Hope to see you all again soon.

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I'm afraid I missed out cos I've been slaving my arse off... oh well. Sorry I couldnt pop up n say hi.

Page: