Forums > Social Chat > Anyone that lives in or around the new york area...please check in..N8.. Martian????

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
This is a horrible day here in the U.S.I just want to know if any of our Poi brothers and sisters that live in any of the effected areas are ok and safe..Prayer to all...Even i am at a loss of words.. frown frown [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif">Super'------------------[/image]He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Here Here,Prayer to everyone frown

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
yes, all our thoughts are with you.

stay smilin

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
have heard from NYC (the person) he's ok...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Absolute chaos out here. Usually when you see stuff on the news it's blown out of proportion. This is the real deal. No traffic in or out of the city and everything's on lock down. I'm trapped up here in the suburbs thankfully. Surely won't get home tonight. Thank goodness for email as that's the only way to contact anyone. The ground phonelines and cell phones are all jammed up.My family is fine, my students are fine, but many of their parents work in Midtown and in the World Trade Center. It's gonna be a tough week.Thanks for the thoughts. This was my 5 minute break, now I gotta go be a role model to some hysterical kids.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
see? there he is now smile

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Luckily i'm not in the city,, how ever one of my neighbors brothers was supposedly trapped under a truck at the WTC.This is complete bullshit.I am officially pissed off,,,, plus really fuckin scared. Never thought i'd live to see the day when terrorists took out the twin towers.Prayers to everyone else in NYC. and thank you to all the people who posted/will post here from the UK or where ever they might be.

We are defined by the choices we make

klubkidnycmember
25 posts

Posted:
EVERYTHING IS SHUT DOWN.....HOLY SHITTHIS IS F**KIN CRAZY.....WELL I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS THAT WORK DOWN THERE...HAVN'T HEARD FROM THEM YET HOPE THEY ARE OK...GOD WILLING THE CELL PHONES AND PAGERS WEREN'T WORKING SOCAN'T TALK TO ANYONE....I'M STUCK IN MANHATTAN RIGHT NOW...HOPEFULLY I'LL BE ABEL TO GET HOME....P.S. ANYONE THAT WAS AROUND MANHATTAN WATCH FOR FLU SYMTOMS AND ANY KIND OF SICKNESS WITHIN THE NEXT 72 HOURS....BIOLOGICAL WAREFARE.....I WOULDN'T PUT ANYTHING PAST THESE FANATICS......SOME CRAZY SHIT...PRAYERS TO ALLKLUBKID***

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey NYC..my heart goes out ot your kids...And I am beyond relieved you are well.Has anyone heard from Flambe Volupte? I am hoping they are all together as well.And Super, unless N8 and GFM are in school in NYC, they should be fine. They are the next city over from us here and the worst we've gotten is a shitload of closings!Still want to hear from the Maryland/DC contingent (c'mon Calefaction Society), as that is all near the Pentagon stuff.[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 12 September 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
hi all. good to here you are ok. N8 and i are fine. my sister is in school in manhattan. we received a call from here saying she's ok and is being kept in the building with the rest of the students. so if any of you have family going to school down there they are most likely ok. if any of you are interested in helping you can give blood, they do need it. call 1-800-GIFE-LIFE. or go to your local red cross. my prayer goes out to all families.------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
Let us know you guys.I don't have a religion, but I will give my thoughts out to everyone. Take care, be safe, and I have nothing more to say...

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
its a little comforting to see people fropm the area responding. This is a serious wakeup call. we had some ass back in the shop make a joke about this...i gave him a fucking ear full. Im quick to make a joke about something to numb the sting, butt somethings you just have to leave be.I have friends (from the board and that had relocated to NY) and i have some family that live in the area as well. Someone had to make me leave cause i was fuming and dropping every cuss word i knew on him... Even i wont make a joke about this..."S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

- Mark Twain

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Hi,They won't let me fly home... I'm stuck in a warzone (DC) and I have to fly from an even crazier warzone (NY). Terrorists discust me - the word on the news is 10,000 dead. Hope you're all OK.Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
THERE IS NO DEATH TOLL NUMBER YET.

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
In the City of God there will be a great thunder,Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb"The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654 ( if you really deconstruct it,, i guess the twin towers could have been concidered the brothers being torn apart, President bush being the great leader though, NAHH, he's a dumbass who's gonna get us all killed)

We are defined by the choices we make

Backpacker2kmember
30 posts

Posted:
Hey....This is the biggest single event that any of us have ever witnessed, or maybe will witness, in our lives.I am an atheistI believe in myselfI am crying now. The impact and sheer jawdroppingness of the situation has subsided and genuine fear has now set in.The worst sight is of someone waving a white hankerchief out near the top of one of the towers....fuckin twats.Such a heartbraking day..... I was in Gujarat at the time of the big earthquake this year.....I cried at the helplessness of the 'act of god'..... This work of evil is worse as we have inflicted pain and suffering for millions for years to come with our own bloody hands.peace?keep spinning.......DanP.S.... Give me an e-mail Superman. I can't imagine what you and you're friends are going thru at the mo.. respect and strength to everyone.

ABCDEFG...HIJKLMNOP...QRSTU and V..WXY and Zeeeee.Hey everybody look at me...now I know my ABC!

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Fear big guy, I'm safe, though there were a few people here at school that have relatives that were police EMT's etc. for the Manhattan area, no word from them yet.Prepare for the worst- Hope for the best.later.N8

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Thoughts & strength to everyone!Peace.M

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
I want to try to get a gorup of friends together and take a road trip to NY to help with the clean up. I have already given blood and still feel like I have not done anything. Phone numbers would be greately appreciated. I'm glad to hear that my fellow flames were not put out by the dust and smoke.**as a tear runs down my cheek**

Diesel_RaVermember
15 posts

Posted:
Here is the full Excerpt I recieved and then Nostradamus' Full Translation below it seperated by a lineIn the City of God there will be a Great Thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, While the fortress the Great Leader will succumb, The Third Big War will begin when the Big City is burning. Out of the country of Greater Arabia Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed ... He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban. He will be the terror of mankind. Never more horror. The sky will burn at forty five degrees. ( New York City is at 45 degress latitude ) By fire he will destroy their city, A cold and cruel heart, Blood will pour, Mercy to none- Nostradamus 1654_______________________The New CityCentury 1, Quatrain 24A cité neuue pensif pour condemner,L'oisel de proye au ciel se vient offrir:Apres victoire à captifs pardonner,Cremone & Mantoue gras maux aura souffert. The new city contemplating a condemnation,The bird of prey offers itself to the heavens.After victory pardon to the captives,Cremona and Mantua will have suffered great evils. Century 1, Quatrain 87Ennosigee feu du centre de terre,Fera trembler autour de cité neuueDeux gras rochers long têps feront la guerre,Puis Arethuse rougira nouueau fleuue. Earth-shaking fire from the center of the earth.Will cause the towers around the New City to shake,Two great rocks for a long time will make war,And then Arethusa will color a new river red. Century 6, Quatrain 97Cinq & quarante degrés ciel brusleraFeu approcher de la grand cité neuue [neufue]Instant grand flamme esparse sauteraQuand on voudra des Normans faire preuue. At forty-five degrees, the sky will burn,Fire approaches the great new city,Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps upWhen they want to have verification from the Normans. Century 9, Quatrain 92Le Roy voudra en cité neufue entrer,Par ennemis expugner l'on viendraCaptif libere faux dire & perpetrer,Roy dehors estre, loin d'ennemis tiendra. The king will want to enter the new city,Through its enemies they will come to subdue itCaptives liberated to speak and act falsely,King to be outside, he will keep far from the enemy. Century 10, Quatrain 49Jardin du monde aupres du cité neufue,Dans le chemin des montaignes cauees,Sera saisi et plongé dans la Cuue,Beuuant par force eaux soulfre enuenimees. Garden of the world near the new city,In the path of the hollow mountains,It will be seized and plunged into the Vat,Drinking by force the waters poisoned by sulfur.

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
"In the year of the new century and nine months, some wanker will make up stuff that I didn't actually say"- Nostradamus 1654Light relief. =)

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
HEE HEE------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

- Mark Twain