Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi in the Park - Huddersfield - West Yorkshire

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Okey Dokey, it's about time we started a PIP in Huddersfield since there are more spinners emerging round these parts. Now Pk has moved to Edinburgh and Josh and Kate have continued their travels I really need people to play in the summer sun with. Everyone of any spinny level is welcome to come and learn or teach and generally have a great time.

There is a groovy and large park about 5 mins away from the bus station and abou 7 mins from the train staion too.

The Sheffield PIP started with just a couple of spinners and the last one I went to had about 70 and I met some of the most lovely people through it so if you are interested, post here or pm me or email or whatever.

edit* maps and directions are now up on the events section of the new www.poiinthepark.co.uk site by our very own Rasclatt.

Saturday 21st June, by the bandstand at the centre of the park 4pm till bored/cold/run out of fuel/hungry/thirsty/burnt

There is also a new forum for people to break the ice or to find out who they want to steer clear from

hope to see you for a spin
Liam

[ 20. June 2003, 07:17: Message edited by: TEMPEST ]

Fluffy poimember
38 posts

Posted:
sounds like a great idea id defintly be up for it

right im off to play with my ball of pink fluff

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Groovy, look forward to meeting your Fluffy self.

Update on the park -

It's called Greenhead Park and my bro just told me that it has a large bandstand to congregate under if it rains with space for peopl still to spin. wohooo

I think it has one of those little train type things for kids too if anyone is that way inclined

It also has tennis courts too, anyone for staff tennis? And a wee shopee that sells ice cream and stuff.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ponders the thought of liams bedroom full of random twirlers like our pad used to be on a PIP weekend think your mom could cope

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
dude, if you'd actually took the time out to visit me :umm:then you would know that my miniscule room dosen't even have room to lie down on the floor

We do have a quaint little caravan that would sleep upto four at a push if you were friendly or 2 or 3 comfortably.

As for the site - Do people (and PK or course) think it would be a good idea to start something new or maybe have a small Huddersfield section/gallery on the spanky PIP site so it's easy to find? Maybe a Sheffield section would be a usefull too, after all you still got maps for it don't you?

pvcgirlmember
3 posts

Posted:
we are very very interested in this idea. we are both new spinners but are getting very addicted to it! we are willing to travel from tamworth in staffordshire to get to the park and meet new people. around when would this take place & would there be an entrance charge?
blessed be,
Kyla & Emma

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Did you know you have a spinning school lane in Tamworth Miss pvc

live anywhere neer here?

I'll have a word with a couple of people and see if we can do one before Glastonbury
I like the idea of a Saturday around 3 - 4 and see what happens.

All toys of course, stranger the better.
Liam
[edited for link}
and maybe some munch

[ 07. June 2003, 12:35: Message edited by: TEMPEST ]

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
I'll be there...

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Okay, what about Saturday 21st June, 4pm onwards allthough i'll probably be there a little earlier if it is nice out. It seems to be around 9 here before it's really dark at the moment so thats a few hours to play with.

I'll see what I can find in the form of some maps if it would be helpfull.
Jo and I created some kevlar monsters today so daft toys for everyone to wrestle with too

They are gas guzzlers too so bring parraffin if you are that way inclined

Let me know what you think please

edited for terrible spelling

[ 09. June 2003, 16:54: Message edited by: TEMPEST ]

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Will b there... press work about that. Hey shud meet U fluffy, long time no hear.... Advisably with own parafin lol, after 2nites erm... lots of fireyness...
Where in the park? Is it near the railway and skate park? Lots of room there if there is lots of people coming.
Directionjs to help also would be

From bus station: make sure have walked down the long corridor and not past the kiosk, walk towards the junction and turn up the road left... walk straight on across the big ring road traffic lights and you should pass Huddersfield Technological College, follow the road past a few takeaways and u shud come to a turning on ur left and across is the park entrance. We still need a definate stop, as we'll have lots of spinners wandering around in the park and splashing in the paddling pool. lol

Fluffy poimember
38 posts

Posted:
will defintly be there will be good to see you snowy havent spoken in a while the drought set in with poi and have only just picked them up again and its time to learn some new tricks before i even contemplate using fire any idea what time will go on till as will have to check bus times for getting back to bradford thanxs luv fluffy

Fluffy poimember
38 posts

Posted:
also would anyone be able to provide map as otherwise will get l9ost as only been to huddersfield a couple of times

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Anyone needing directions can get your maps here

Sorry if the page is a bit slow to load, but I tried to keep the maps as readable as I could.
PM me if I can help any more.

I think the best place to meet up would be the bandstand, at least for the first meet anyway - it's pretty central in the park and is a good covered area to spin under if the british weather continues.

As for how long it will go on - Well i'm good for a few burns once it gets darker, see how long the parrafin lasts

Sunny happy dry thougths

edited for correct link

[ 10. June 2003, 09:58: Message edited by: TEMPEST ]

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
I'll be there.

Oh, and judging by the nearly full reel of kevlar rope sitting next to me, there may be even more new toys.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Rumour is that The Chin has been sighted around these parts

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Cool... shud I bring my own large tanky thing of parafin then? lol

Bandsatnd... now I have to remembre where that is. Looks like my friend Bianca does want to come plus me mate Sam who does actually firey juggling mite... and I'll c abt me good ol friend Tiff.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Liam, erm.... the map is like nearly of the whole country... and there aint a zoom. lol

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Let the whole page load snowy

There is actually 4 maps and the second one even has a locations on a mouse over

Great to hear you got some more people interested though, more the merrier

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
oooooooooooo can i come can i come??

yippeeeee!! I want to meet this infamous Jo bloke anyway....

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
WATFORD!!!! to manchester or Leeds?!?!?!?!?

LONG!!

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hello Ros,

I would be delighted if you were to come, even if you brought C@ntus.

Are you just teasing or do I have the pleasure of your company

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I have another tub of paraffin now. lol
Is 2 in the space of a week a little excessive? lol... Not my fault.
I just realised that night is also the solstice. ACE!

cornetmember
11 posts

Posted:
A relativly new spinner here but I'm up for it.

I'm back huddersfield way on Sat so it will depend on what time I arrive...

I'll be about for about 6 weeks and should be up for spinning + other fire/juggling activities during that time..

Cornet

btw: any torch jugglers about huddersfield ?

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
The more the merrier.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Hi Tempest, I can't make the Huddersfield P.I.P, but it's great that you're putting it on; best of luck with it.

I've just spent the evening getting the hang of monkey fist knot: I've made a pair of monkey fist poi and a set of monkey fist meteors.

I'm looking forward to putting on the 'interests' section of application forms that one of my hobbies is monkey fisting!

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
lol, doesnt sound good does it? I'm getting a little annoyed tht people are calling me ape related names as humor.... lol
Eh dear wot am I gunna do?

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah n I've checked with some friends who might ring some of their friends who happen to have bongos etc... maybe we'll have firey juggling 2.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I wasn't teasing, just being excited cos I might have got to spin with you again and you're wicked. And to meet all these lovely northern (ish) spinners would be wicked.

But alas I have not the funds, the time or the transport, so it'll have to wait til glasto. And just to let you know, I haven't touched doubles since sheffield, so don't shout at me if I can't do stuff!

Have a wicked one everyone and spin extra bouncily for this little absent faairy!

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hi Cornet, good to meet you. My juggling stinks but Jo swings them pretty well

Dave - check out the equipment gallery in the link that you have already for some pics of our new toys

Napalmstress - Don't worry about not using doubles much, all I ask is that you bring some and yourself to Glastonbury.

You are bringing some staffs right

bellsmember
35 posts

Posted:
am i too late to play too???? am newly back in the country - would travel over from manchester... anyone else from this neck of woods???

H

*****those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves....******

Page: