KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone, since it is our last weekend here, we thought we might try a poi in the park in Manchester on Sunday 25th May. I.E this Sunday.

The park is just down the road for our house, and people are welcome to come back and chill or have a few

To get there, you need to catch an 86 from Picadilly Gardens to Chorlton Bus station, you get off at the bike shop (or the shop next to our house) and walk for about 400 metres, you will get to a big park with playing fields called Chorlton Park.

We will kick it off about 3.30pm - 4pm. I am going to get some of the Manchester spinners and jugglers down there as well. And hopefully Mr. Tempest, Joe and a few others are coming down So... if all goes hunky dorey then there will be quite a few people there, and we will be doing a stack of fire when the sun sets.

If you interested and you want to come down, people can crash at our house, but you will have to call me - send me a PM.

Hopefully see some people there...

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I'm just over the hills so I mite consider coming, its the nearest that ppl are considerin and I'm not well known so... nevamind. I'll try n come and maybe u can show me sum new moves....

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Just to be clear,

Its at Chorlton Park, Chorlton, in Manchester very easy to get to as its quite near the Motorway.

If you catch the bus you have to walk 400 Metres further on down Barlow Moor Rd from the Bus Station to get to the park which is on the left just past McDonalds.

Hope to see people there!

Josh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
can you kidnap mr tempest and miss jo and bring them northwards, we miss them both dearly.

693 posts

Posted:
have got a few people coming,

Mr Tempest and Jo have said they are coming down

and have confirmed about 6 others including Josh and I to come. Haven't got intouch with a few other twirlers but we have a juggling night on Thursday so I am intending to invite those guys too.

Should be a good afternoon/evening. Hopefully the weather will be nice to us.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
Aha, first Mancy do I've spotted..yay!!!
Not seen much of you guys on the boards but I assume you won't mind another turning up, I'll try and bring more spinners from my house aswell.
Cool, I have soemthnig to look forward to after moving out at the w/e!

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
Katnica!
Just got home had a smoke and anm working on pooey lkaptop so appleogiues for typos. I just checked your profile and your homepage and realsied that bizzarely I have been to your home page ages ago when I first got into poi (not through HoP). Very wierd. am a bit shy and .
how many peops do you reckon will turn up this w/e?

N

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Looks like my bro and my gurl will be comin' along for the ride too.

whoop whoop

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:

well looks like about 10-12 so far. And there is Juggling club at Squirrels bar in Fallowfield tonight, where lots of spinners are so I am going to harass them to come as well..

Wooo should be a good one.

693 posts

Posted:
d'oh

well thats just bloody typical. Looks like its going to be raining on Sunday. Woo surprise surprise. Still gonna have PIP and hope that there is a sudden change in weather and it's a bright sunny day.

Heck, stranger things have happened?

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
::looks out window::

Its ok now?

Josh

693 posts

Posted:
Josh, its not Sunday afternoon

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
Yeah...but if we close our eyes and think of the word Sunday really hard it might be....or just 5pm would do...so I can go home.

Did you have any luck getting any of the juggling club lot motivated? It's been quite a while since I've been so I prolly won't recognise anyone, but the more the merrier.

693 posts

Posted:
Juggling was weird last night, haven't been for a while.

We were confronted with huge screen tvs, football fans, and a herd of Snake boarders.

I did invite those that I knew there, and some of them are passing on the word see how it goes.

Was quite disapointed the uni juggling club, looks like its going down hill

And it was such a fun night too....

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
O really want 2 go...

693 posts

Posted:
Then go...

it really is a piece of piss to get here. Just a coach and a bus ride. Easy as.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
I can't get any of my mates to go anymore either
Most of my pals have fled Manc now, so I only recognise a few faces, no one I know the name of tho woe is me
I have to say, the amount I've learnt in one night of juggling club compared to what I've figured out on my own just takes the piss sometimes...cheap beer too
snowy_lisle you coming on Sunday if the weather's okay?
btw I'm fairly new here, does everyone on this thread know each other?

N

693 posts

Posted:
I guess, in answer to your question: Yes, we all know each other except I don't know you and snowy. Yet

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I might turn up for a couple of hours. But I've got to be at work in Nottingham for 10pm.

Are we nearly there yet?

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
ah...cool, so at least I wont be the only loner there
Thistle's coming too
..I'm starting to get a bit nervous now....never met anyone of 'tinternet b4, mind you, I prolly know your(Katnica) and Josh's face from juggling club.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
dude - you couldnt meet a more friendly crew than us

really!

Josh

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Sorry folks I'm not going to make it today I haven't got a road map and my car is leaking water so I don't want to risk it because of work tonight.

Hope you all have a lovely day

Are we nearly there yet?

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
Just been waiting for 2 hours or so...but I couldn't find any of you guys

Had some fun spinning in the park anyway. Did anyone else turn up?

N

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Dude! What time were you there?

We were there from 3pm-6pm but nobody turned up (cept the people that were staying with us from Sheffield) so when everyone was leaving at 6, we decided to go do other stuff than stay in the park on our own

Josh

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
We only managed to get there for about 5:30-6 I think so we prolly just missed

Ah well, at least it got me out of the house and in the sun for a bit

N

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
They sed sunday, btu I cudnt go cos Tempest n Josh were off Sat nite n I wos workin then.
I swear they were gunna pick me up @ 6.00 on Sun. ARG!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I *knew* Tempest was going to get me in trouble when he was using my login

Jo and Tempest told you the wrong info not me. I was just the host (hence Tempest's use of my login).

The PIP was on Sunday - tthose guys just came early

Josh