Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Liquid Connective party in Kent, Friday 16th

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Is anyone else from here coming along down to Liquid Connective's third birthday party somewhere in the woods in Kent? I went last year and it was a wicked party, and I'm going down again this year with a load of mates...

Now if only the weather holds out

"Moo," said the happy cow.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
did anyone find a fire staff? Coz someone has lost one over in the Liquid forum.. hope they find it.. not a nice thing to loose.. boo

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Katinca:
So where do bubbles go when they pop then????

Kat - were you lying next to Glass when we were asking the trees all those questions?!?!

I still need to know where all my questions went!

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Yep that was me on the other side of glass....

But we still don't know what beauty and love is, or most importantly where bubbles go when they burst....

Look forward to hanging out with you guys again soon. Have always had fun hanging out with London Hoppers

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Katinca hunny - sorry we didn't see each other.. I was watching some girl spin fire poi and went running over to her after she had finished thinking it was you - I have very vague recoolection of meting you at Glastonbury in the Glade during Dread Zone (or somehting else) think you were with Woody or summat.. any way went bounding over said hello and babled something at the poor girl who turned out to be Greek and didn't understand a word of English.. so I thought I'd said hello to you.. but it wasn't you.. ho hum.. next time!

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Guys none of you are hardcore - we got there after it got light on sunday morning( ) (your journey can't have been as bad as ours I'm telling you!) - the music stopped shortly after but I kept playing: and I didn't see any of you

Also I was there til right at the end (helping with sorting all the rubbish into plastic, glass, cans etc. - next time please take lids off plastic bottles and crush them & the cans and try to seperate rubbish it really helps the dedicated recyclers - sorry to moan guys)

The point is I didn't see a staff or hear of anyone finding one. Sorry to disappoint. But maybe someone took it and intends to give it back at the next party (lets hope so).

Anyway sorry I didn't get a chance to meet any of you but hope to see you next time

sunbeam

NB the music stopped because the generator ran out of petrol. This is symbolic because we shouldn't be using non-renewable fuel anyway. There's loads of ways of powering generators without petrol (wind, solar, pedal power etc.)

Imagine if we could harness the power of poi/staff/juggling and use the energy we create - the sound system would never have to stop (I've seen it done with exercise-bikes)!!! If anyone thinks that's possible PM me your ideas please!

[ 20. May 2003, 04:50: Message edited by: sunbeam ]

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
What a top party - great people, great spinning, great music, w00t!

Now to get my head round all of the crazy poi I saw

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by sunbeam:
Guys none of you are hardcore - we got there after it got light on sunday morning
Maybe.. but where were you when it all kicked off hunny?

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
Some photos have been posted here.

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
misstix

i was recovering from spending thursday with "Lucy" in another wood, spinning burning stuff and watching the lunar eclipse

ok I'm not that hardcore but at least we all got there and didn't wimp out 'cause of the rain

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
teehee - lots of pictures of our miss bams on that there website

dammit, i demand a re-run of that party with better weather, no police, no ambulances and the gen for the main sound system. and hammocks (we forgot to bring even one this time ).

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
So that's what I did Friday night I've been havng trouble trying to remember if I eveen played with anything.........now I know!

I had a top night on Friday, and because of my err err relaxed state I managed to sit at the wrong camp fires a couple of times and make heaps of friends.

Looking forward to the next one now

Love and light

Bammers

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
it rained?? ahh so thats why my waterproofs were wet.. rain never stops play

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
Some rather nice fire and glo pictures have been posted here oddly enough.

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Why oddly enough? Glenn was down with a load of us who're in those pictures

Page: