Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi in park - alternative venue London E8

Login/Join to Participate

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Very sorry Glass, don't want to step on any toes or steal your thunder but I've agreed to go to a family picnic on London Fields what to do? (I have a 5 wk old niece who's growing up v. quickly and I don't want to miss it!)

Venue: Pub on the Park. It's a very cool park, doesn't close at night and for those who don't know hackney

Time: 12 noon-whenever
Venue: London Fields, Hackney E8 - outside Pub on the Park *
Refreshments: Bring or buy from the pub/offie
Travel: 48 bus to Mare St from London Bridge/Liv. St Station or overground train to London Fields station from Liverpool St Station (10 mins)

Or: Tube to Bethnal Green & walk/bus rest of the way

Please join me for Poi in the Park either as well as or instead of Clapham Common. I hope we can link up these events (ie. picnic in Hackney, fire later wherever)

* NB Hackney is a very chilled out area and people are v. tolerant and non-judgemental. You don't need to buy drinks to hang out by the pub

Hope to see some people there please pm or email me if you have any ideas to link the 2 PiPs! (there isn't a smiley with a hopeful expression!)

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Ooh! Poi gangs - very west side story!

Hackney Vs Clapham - let the poi battles commence

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Being I live off Mare street, opposite London Fields then might drop by one on route t'other

The words "Family picnic" kinda put me off staying there all day though - lol........ especially since it isn't my family picnic.....

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Cool,
I don't mind. I'm just going for a spin in "my garden" on sunday with rob fancied a bit of company.

Oooh its like the Sharks V's the Jets
Can we get to be the Jets Pweeeeeeese
Boy boy crazy boy, got a rocket in your pocket,
Boy boy, Crazy boy, be cool boy.

How about we have a solar powered live webcast internet linkup, to unite the 2 events by the power of HoP.
(sorry there isn't a awful internet rubbish idea smilie)

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
I like that idea but it would be better in a kind of metaphysical - ESP kind of twirlers-unite-against boring Sunday activities like sitting in dingy pubs, watching sport and driving in the country; pool our positive energy and share it with the world both spiritually through the art of twirling.......

... or maybe we can just all do our thing

sunny

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
ps kat join our gang we're much cooler

sunny