shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
HOLY $%!T

I smell something burning.

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
AND THE PENTAGON! One of the World Trade towers has just collapsed - turn on the news...

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
ITS WORLD WAR 3 I TELL YA!!!

Its not easy being green....

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
At 8:42am EST American Airlines flight 11 from Boston to LAX crashed into the south of the World trade center towers. 92 people were killed.About 15 minutes later United Airlines flight 175 crashed into the other tower. 62 people were killed.About a half hour later United flight 93 out of Washington crashed next to the D circle, helipad, of the Pentagon. 64 poeple were killed.A half hour or so after that, both towers of the World Trade Center had fallen.On any given day 55,000 work in the World Trade Centers.30,000 work in the Pentagon.The Death and injury toll is yet unknown but emergency personel are looking like ghosts, very stricken, and they are claiming they have never seen anything like it. Casuality estimates are listed in the thousands though for New York. 8 are known dead at the Pentagon, 5 of which are emergency personel.Tears are streaming down my face and I have no idea what to think. All Federal buildings are closed, all air traffic shut down.Ironically the FBI crew that normally would handle this has been running drills in LA, on the other side of the country and they are trapped there until they can get military flights back.It looks like a movie.Please, Please (I am begging you)....I know there are so many of you from these areas....Please when you read this, whenever it may be, let us know you are okay.NYC, matt, if you need a place to stay...you are more than welcome to come here and stay however long you need. You know I adore you.The president has declared this a war declared by terrorists, and that such carnage hasn't happened in this country since the civil war.I thought I'd include details so that those who aren't here, or are sleeping joyfully in Oz, can fully know what is going on.Reporting from the otherside of New York State, this is Pele....... frown------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 12 September 2001).][This message has been edited by Pele (edited 13 September 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I want to add, that travel with our gear is going to be hell for awhile.....and that all of the planes which were hijacked are American Airlines and United flights, such a patriotic choice on the hijackers part huh?That and check out the date (here at least) September 11......911......Just thought I would point that out.BTW...just in...they believe American Airlines flight 77 from Newark to San Fransisco crashed near Camp David in Pennsylvania....where one of our public officials was supposed to be. 45 passengers were killed.4 more planes were just grounded for emergency as they are thought to possibly have bombs on board. They are all still American and United.Most major American corporations are now shut down.Whoever did this was smart and frightenly well organized.They are talking about evacuating our area because we provide alot of the energy for the eastern seaboard thanks to Niagara Falls, making it a natural target. I doubt it will come to that. I hope it doesn't.How frightening. Canada just closed it's airports as well. So how is it that airports won't let us through with our gear yet these assholes get through to hijack???????I'll keep you posted.[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 12 September 2001).][This message has been edited by Pele (edited 12 September 2001).]

Pele

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
I can't believe it either guys. extremely scary, here in london the've evacuated the trading part of town as well.SHIT I just dont know what to say except...im thinking of you all.

stay smilin

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
***now stunned past tears***If I can get a boat ticket to bring me to the land down under...is there anyone who'd put me up for a bit? I don't think I want to be an American anymore. *smiles weakly*

Pele

LPHmember
20 posts

Posted:
damn! i've been watching the news for awhile now ..my thoughts and love are with you .be strong !!!

LPHmember
20 posts

Posted:
you're more than welcomed here ,though i coming to israel would be now like home away from home.

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
THE PLANES The planes that struck the World Trade Center have been reported as American Airlines flights: ---------------------------------------------• Flight 11Boston to Los AngelesDeparted Logan Airport this morning at 7:45 a.m. ---------------------------------------• Flight 77Washington-Dulles to Los Angeles --------------------------------------------- THE SITUATION Planes hit Trade Center Shortly before 9 a.m. this morning a plane crashed into the upper floors of the North tower of New York's World Trade Center. About 18 minutes later, a second plane crashed into the South tower. The plane departed from Boston this morning bound for L.A. Within an hour of the crashes, both buildings collapsed.Plane strikes Pentagon Within an hour of the New York incidents, an aircraft crashed on a helicopter landing pad near the Pentagon.Evacuations in DC The Pentagon, White House, State Department, CIA and other government buildings in Washington were evacuated.FAA halts air traffic The Federal Aviation Administration halted all air traffic across the country. Now this if from my local news area.Precautions in Boston All federal buildings in Massachusetts have been closed and non-essential state employees have been told to go home. Large buildings, including the John Hancock and Prudential towers have beene evacuated. Extra security is in place at the State House and barricades have been placed around the USS Constitution. ------------------Blessings to all, Peter "There is a rhythm that unites us with the natural world. The more we learnto feel that rhythm and get it into the mainstream of our lives, thestronger can be our spirit."--- Robert Rodale

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
I just saw it on the news the twin towers have fallen, carzy CRAZY terroists.They don't know how to use fire.

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
What the F#@K is goin on in this world, this is absolutly crazy! hope people in NYC are OK, on our news apparently a group called "The democratic front for the liberation of Palistine" are claiming responsibility, also a quote that we got from George W "we are going to hunt down whoever is responsible" but i think he really means blow them up, i'm so glad i'm way far away from all this shitanother note: anyone who plays the stock markets would be wise to pull any shares out of united airlines and place them into GI shares-(bombs/missiles) because i reckon there's going to be a few heading over to the middle east.PS: i seriously hope these suicide bombers miss out on the 72 virgins they were promised in the next life! (how delusional can you get?). [This message has been edited by JeStEr (edited 12 September 2001).]

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
My heart goes out to all you people in NYC and anyone who is in anyway involved with this awful happening. Makes you wonder what the world is coming too!?! Be StrongGoldenKrispy

beakermember
54 posts

Posted:
It so evil what makes them do it? I was totally shocked. I hope bush makes the right choices from here on in.NO NUKES please mr bush.

C'mon baby light my fire

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Steelwings...the plane that hit the south tower was American Airlines, the plane that hit the north was United...it was actually two from each company, but I put it somewhere so I won't repost.Yeah, Jester..they said that the people who called in being from that group were anonymous and of course Arafat is denying it so there is going to be the "hunt" (don't you love the red neck president lingo?).I maintain that whomever did this was well educated in architecture. They actually hit the towers at a point that would drop them to the ground and the point where the pnetagon was struck was between section d and e, which cause debris to fly all the way into section b (there are 5 sections btw). They also had to know flight plans and paths (though they re-routed the ones form Boston claiming they were going to land at JFK in NYC for emergencies) and I don't think that the terrorist task force being on the other end of the country was sheer coincidence either. Do you all? They also chose planes that were recently fueled, so things would really blow. They may not have known how to play with fire but they sure as hell knew how to start one!Have any of you ever seen the movie Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones? In the end where everyone is coated with ash and the kid says everyone looks the same....that is really what it looks like. I still can't believe it.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 12 September 2001).]

Pele

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
MARYLAND PEOPLEShout out to you all, let us know you are SAFE. Be careful, stay safe. I just want to say, we WILL find out who did it, We WILL revenge!Sorry, I'm angry. This was a direct assult of our symbol of capitalism and our security. I sure hope, on the sanity of Bush, that this does not mean war. -=M-D=-

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
OMG..it's just so horrible.this could be the beginning of the end of the world.

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Never felt so afraid to live in New York. I hope all of you spinners and twirlers from NYC made it out ok....Pray for them...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
shocked shocked WOW shocked shockedThe bible talks about these events as the last days of the apocolipse. Few of you talking about war, well, when looking back at american reaction to bombs in their embassies in Nairobi it looks like Bush's reaction will be severe to say the least. Just have to hope that it dosn't spark anything off because such a situation is obviously very provocative and could quite easily lead to war. Hope everyone is safe.peace out yall (when people is the one thing we need)garbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi
www.liquidfire.moonfruit.com

be excellent to each other: safe:

firestartermember
2 posts

Posted:
i cant say i am shocked about this karmic tragedy. america, this great united states of america, has pissed off countless nations and people around the world. this is karma repaying itself. payback. the people we as a nation have tortured for many decades are fighting back.it is terribly sad and horrible and as i picture the wreckage and the thousands and thousands of dead bodies i am silenced into respect for the situation. yet it is a terrible karma we are repaying now as a nation. will we change our behavior as a result of this tragedy? i certainly hope so. let's start with becoming aware of the karma that is coming our way.all fellow fire peeps: stay well and stay aware.peace, jessica~

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Pele, I have worked at Logan International Airport and IMHO the only way to accomplish what they did was to have inside people at both airlines. As of right now they are combing ALL TERMINALS at the airport with dogs and MANY, MANY cops and other service people looking for ANYTHING they can find. I grieve for all the people involved for the one that have died and the ones that have just lost. I have friends that work at the World Trade in NYC and as of right now I have heard nothing. *Sickening Feeling* they worked in tower A. I just hope that we can work this out without having to turn any Middle Eastern country into a big glass parking lot. Because, the American media is already playing the Middle Eastern card. Without truly knowing who started all of this mess. I just hope that we can turn this off before is becomes something that we can't stop.------------------Blessings to all, Peter "There is a rhythm that unites us with the natural world. The more we learnto feel that rhythm and get it into the mainstream of our lives, thestronger can be our spirit."--- Robert Rodale

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
In the City of God there will be a great thunder,Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb"The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654 I had an odd feeling of being unsafe befor I left work last night. Locking the doors befor time refusing to take out trash after dark. It hasn't gone away it's getting worse. On top of that all of the terriorts groups around the world may take this as a sign. That it's time to implemt thier plans. I see major railroads being hit tommarow. frownMy sympathy goes out to everyone involed. Maybe we as entertainers should go and see if we can't lift the sprirts of everyone.

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I live in California and woke up to a call from my brother saying that America will never be the same again. As I looked on the news I saw graffic pictures of people jumping from the WTC to their sure deaths. I'm filled mith empathy and can't stop crying. Why do people have to be so stupid, killing thousands and thousands of people for no reason. It's a sad day for the american people.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

smileemember
40 posts

Posted:
There is a serious blood shortage. If you can, run out and donate some of yours. There's not much you can do to help the situation, unless your a doctor, or emergency expert in New York, but this can save someones life.

later - Smilee

Madame Kalimember
5 posts

Posted:
Our foundations have been rocked. It is unbelievable the affect these angry/fenatical people had on so many of us in such a short period of time. Even those people that weren't directly affected by the tragedy are feeling the psychological pain/insecurity/anger.Why can't we all just get along!?!?!?!?My heart goes out to everyone affected.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
My thoughts are with you all. Blessed Be,ade

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Found out my friend Jussie (from Long Island)was meeting up to go touristing with a girl we know who is visiting NYC. Guess what was on the top of their agenda to visit? *stomach sinking*I agree that they are playing the Middle Eatern card too much though now they claim there is some form of "electronic spy" evidence against them. It doesn't help that Palestines seem to be partying in the streets as if it were a holiday. *sigh*People are crying war and retribution yet when did slaughter beget slaughter solve anything? Problem is, I don't think there is a peaceful way to solve this, nor do I think it should be ignored. Which is why I am not a politician. And just think, if I had been well and gone out today as I had planned, I wouldn't have known about this until much later. Perhaps ignorance is bliss.Anyway, for those in the US, Red Cross is accepting blood, platelets, blankets, sheets, water, all of the usual stuff at drop stations near you. In Rochester, New York they are accepting it at Frontier Field. Also, they are accepting monetary donations to help with the cost of injured and burial of the dead. They have a website that has all of the pertinent info.Thoughts, prayer, dancing around in circles of thought...it doesn't matter. All good thoughts and energies can be used at this point.My best and my blessings to all.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
This is a terrible and shocking situation ... i fear these days when innocent lives are taken in revenge.But obviously for the people who did this, whether it be the Afghanistans, Palastines, whoever, they live through this bloodshed and heartache everyday. Maybe now a little more effort can go into helping nations at war, not supplying them with weapons....

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Hope everyones loved ones are safe, I myself have friends that have been in NYC and i know were planning on travelling back....

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
THE SHIT HAS HIT THE PREVERBIAL FANwe have come to a big turning point, i just hope america bombs the right people becuase someone is going to fucking pay for this slaughter

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Yeah thats the answer, give as good as you get eh?When people stop turning to weapons to resolve problems then maybe one day we wont have to deal with situations like this.Retaliating by bombing them IS NOT going to help. Think of the situation and reasoning behind why these people did this.People dont turn to these actions without strong beliefs.The palastines are celbrating in the street at this travesty.....what does that tell you about the way the world really perseves america and their political actions?!

Page: